Are shots to testicles really funny?

SorgFall said:
woo1108 said:
should add them to the game in order to make it more realistic. E.g. limited depression and no more sex.

Just wait till you're old, have prostate problems & walk with a cane or walker - then you won't be so glib or laugh so much at causing others pain. Have fun while you can & your senses are dulled by game-playing & there is no sense of growing older. Go out into real life & grab an old person's cane or walker & laugh at them. Or a child's toy - oh yeah, what fun iit is to destroy that child's "Mr. Nixon" doll in VC!

Philos said:
Just wait till you're old, have prostate problems & walk with a cane or walker - then you won't be so glib or laugh so much at causing others pain. Have fun while you can & your senses are dulled by game-playing & there is no sense of growing older. Go out into real life & grab an old person's cane or walker & laugh at them. Or a child's toy - oh yeah, what fun iit is to destroy that child's "Mr. Nixon" doll in VC!

I have a pile of canes in my backyard, stolen from countless old people, next to the pile of toys I have gathered from thousands of innocent toddlers! I have planted a flag on top of each pile, with my face on it.

zegh8578 said:
Philos said:

I have a pile of canes in my backyard, stolen from countless old people, next to the pile of toys I have gathered from thousands of innocent toddlers! I have planted a flag on top of each pile, with my face on it.

:clap: :D

EDIT: Bravo, my good sir!

Philos said:

What? But I didn't disagree with you per se and I actually wrote not about making it the game more "amusing", but rather realistic.

zegh8578 said:
Philos said:

What you should do is turn the pile of canes into a throne. Like in A Song of Ice and Fire (aka Game of Thrones).

You then place it on your front lawn to mock the old people.

Philos said:

This humor eludes me.

Philos said:

This humor eludes me.

Made me chuckle.

Well, a post-apo game reflecting the real world simply must resort to some forms of violence, otherwise it would be highly unbelievable. Funny or not, there are much worse and still legal badges of violence in our society than hits to the groin.

SorgFall said:
woo1108 said:
should add them to the game in order to make it more realistic. E.g. limited depression and no more sex.

...was this a serious comment?

I was furious that the groin shot was out and was one of the people who complained about this the most.

But now I'm starting to think a bit more mature...are shots to testicles really funny? They more seem gross....

Oh, in Fallout 1 and 2, next to headshots, groin shots were some of my *favorite* to make. There's nothing quite as satisfying as having a male raider taunt you and then critting him in the groin, sending him flying back about 5 hexes and insta-killing him. Oh yes, I loved my targeted groin shots. I even use them in FOnline Reloaded! I **really** wish they had groin shots in FO3 and New Vegas :D

But to answer the question..yes, shots to the testicles **are** really funny. When it's not you getting shot, that is xD

Shooting enemies in the testicles was a very effective way to knock them down. It was also hilarious how they would fall flat on their backs and their stomachs.

What really? What a waste. I just use them as fuel for my fireplace along with some children's coloring books.

I was furious that the groin shot was out and was one of the people who complained about this the most.

But now I'm starting to think a bit more mature...are shots to testicles really funny? They more seem gross....

Oh, in Fallout 1 and 2, next to headshots, groin shots were some of my *favorite* to make. There's nothing quite as satisfying as having a male raider taunt you and then critting him in the groin, sending him flying back about 5 hexes and insta-killing him. Oh yes, I loved my targeted groin shots. I even use them in FOnline Reloaded! I **really** wish they had groin shots in FO3 and New Vegas :D

But to answer the question..yes, shots to the testicles **are** really funny. When it's not you getting shot, that is xD

And what about: tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ShareTheMalePain

Shots to the testicles aren't funny, per se. Shots to the testicles are hella funny in the right context.

The text box messages in 1 and 2 helped.

Killing all the Khans in Vault 15/The Squat by introducing 12-gauge shells into their reproductive system was funny because it was a 'serial killer's M.O.' thing. Trying to beat the boxers in Reno in a fair fight and then resorting to taking a swing at the 'ol family jewels when you're almost dead - that was funny. 3 and, to a lesser extent, NV, had way too many generic human enemies to make testicle shots a thing - and a funny thing (if groin shots were possible). Still, Ms. Ludicrous, my second New Vegas character, who was a mentally unhinged and random computer geek, energy weapons fan and faithful female legionnaire, had a nervous breakdown when God conspired to make her incapable of assassinating the NCR's president via plasma-bolt castration. Which would have been funny in context, not because it's a penis thing.

I think shots to the groin fit in the constant lawless struggle that is Post-Apocalyptia, and I think it's nice to have them as it helps you role-play and make the game more interesting for yourself. Groin-shots just for the sake of groin-shots is just meh.

I always saw groin shots in the game both as a "whatever it takes" [to win] option, in the lawless post apocalypse; fitting IMO. And as a way to make a fight personal... [no seriously]
I can recall once battling way in the military base, and a supermutant kills Dogmeat, where upon I spent a turn to march the PC across the screen into melee range, and next round whopped the mutant in the balls with a super sledge.

Let's not imagine how the supemutant's balls looks like.. Huge green thing the size of a watermelon! :look:

Ah, that's right. Okay then, it would be really frightening imagery otherwise!

Back