Awaken Mod Help Thread (possible spoilers)

• Thread starter Thread starter Awaken Help
  • Start date Start date
.... IN the soh base? ... Oops. I read that AFTER I repelled the SOH invasion of the BOS base...

I didn't see his corpse at the SOH base after I destroyed it though...

And i'll try the reinstall as soon as my internet on my tower decides to work.

Doom Marine said:
I didn't see his corpse at the SOH base after I destroyed it though...
I think Quentin is the guy who gives you quests from the SOH though I could be wrong. It might be if you've sided with the Brotherhood he gets deactivated, though do you really check the names of all your slain?

Yep. Found a guy named "Derek." And that weirdo who ran the whole SoH.

I joined for SoH for a quick second once, to see what missions they would give me, it was "Sarge" (who got killed in the BOS invasion) who gave me the first quest. I decided I wanted power armor more and reloaded my save file to play as a BoS grunt again.

Awaken

Where is the correct file path to install awaken?
I have been messing around w/ it for about 2 hours w/ no luck.
I have searched the forums with no luck, except the one post that is unaccessable.

Wrong forum.

Now you are a member you should be able to access that post.

I believe the latest version of Awaken came with an installer, otherwise it should go into your FOT folder, i.e. c\program files\14 degrees east\fallout tactics\awaken.

I was able to access that post after signing up.

requiem_for_a_starfury,
You are right about the file path.
My problem was that Awaken has it's own program in the start menu on Win Xp.

So for other people with the same problem, just click Awaken on you start menu. :)

Thanks for the reply.

i 'm stuck at SOH base .Elder in BOS give me a misson .. Kill all solider at SOH and find a document
But i had kill all of them and find a paper from NPC garret . Even i kill him but but misson dont complete ?
How slove this misson ? it's bug ?
Plss give me a direct

Hi everyone!
I'd like to ask you a few questions:
1. where can I find Sara /Rusty City/ (Smokers told me to kill her)?

Barter city:
2. where can i find Frank's medallion?
3. where can i find Butch's gold watch?
4. where is the big Rats cave? I only found Rats canyon or sth like that, killed them but i think this wasn't it.....

Thx for help!

Having a bit of trouble installing this mod. During installation I get a cannot install file "some polish language". No clue what file it is. Game is updated with latest patch. Any help is appreciated. It's an entity file if that helps any.

Edit: Nevermind. I had to set my non-unicode back to English. Had it on Korean.

i dl awaken and have been trying to play it, i cant get awaken to appear anywhere in game..

ive installed awaken+english patch to fot mainfolder, it says to edit the bos.exe but i cannot...

ive edited the main launcher with the correct path but no luck.. awaken doesnt appear anywhere

edit: ive figured it out, had to rename 'bos.exe' from 'fotlauncher.exe" with the -path at the end

cheers

Hello everybody,

I was searching this forum for a solution to avoid annoying random encounters in Awaken-mod. I have not found it up to now, so
I would like to offer a bit complicated but rather safe and effective way to eliminate them. Unfortunately I am not able to offer a simple trigger like
'norandom' set in the game of Arcanum :-( Too lazy...

All those random encounters are kept in the file C:\.......\fallout tactics\awaken\campaigns\bos.cam.

In order to edit it you need a full installation of Fallout Tactics on your disk with the latest patch (1.27), which includes a set of utilities called "FT Tools"
(normally it is placed into your game directory of Fallout Tactics).

You can not damage anything in the game (except Random encounters of course!) by completing this procedure, but....
Make a copy of your original 'bos.cam' file before starting, just in case... :-)

So, set up a cup of coffee, reserve 15 minutes of your gaming time, click upon FT Tools and follow the instructions below.

1. Click "OK" on the first screen with the official warning/statement/disclaimer. If you are brave, of course :-)

2. Click upon "Campaign editor" in the menu screen.

3. Then File --> Open --> and find 'bos.cam' (see above) where it is set on your hard disk. Searching utility works much the same as any Windows-related program. You
may change Search-location on your disk by clicking 'up' or 'root'.

4. When you have found 'bos.cam' in your Search-screen, click upon it to open it. You'll see the whole game-map. No names though, so this is not a spoiler (or, at least,
not so obvious one :-) ).

5. On the upper bar you see the following fields: Pos, Core, Special, Random, Landscape. Click upon 'Random'.

6. You get a list of all random encounters in the left part of your screen and a green-colored map in your right part of the screen.

7. Do not touch Roaches, Radscorpions, Dogs, Wolves, GiantRats and WildBrahmins. They are not used in the game. Start by clicking any 'Komodos', which are called
Geckos in this mod. Most Random Encounters are sorted in Easy, Medium, Hard and V.Hard.

8. Then go to the game map in the right part of the screen. Search the whole map for any yellow- or red-colored spots, which mean that these spots contain triggers
for the random encounter chosen/clicked by you in step 7. Moving around the map occurs in the same way as in the game: with your favorite mouse.

9. Right-click upon any such spot to cancel the trigger. (You may actually set up any new trigger by left-clicking in case you like random encounters!).

10. Repeat steps 8 and 9 for all types of random encounters listed in the left part of your screen. Hint: most of them are concentrated around the locations, where such
enemies appear in the game. Except DeathClaws and Komodo's, which are set apart. So do not waste time searching for Mutants-triggers around BoS location!

11. When you are done (or at least you think that you are done :-) ) click File --> Save --> Quit.

12. Quit the FT Tools and play the game. Editing the map does not affect your current game, so there is no need to start all over again.
If you happen to see any more Random Encounters, it means that you have missed some areas in 7-10. Recollect the type of
attacking enemies and search for them in 'bos.cam' again to correct the problem.

I do not enclose my amended copy of 'bos.cam' here, as the above said is simple enough for everybody to work out his/her best personal way to play the mod.

With the compliments to the Polish team of gamers, which have created Awaken-mod for us. Great job!

For christ's sake, I can't even get the damn thing to work! How do you get Awaken to even work!??!?!?!?!

Samson3 said:
For christ's sake, I can't even get the damn thing to work! How do you get Awaken to even work!??!?!?!?!
Did you install the latest version 1.4 and the 1.4 english patch? If so, you should have a shortcut in your start menu which will load the Awaken mod.

A heads up to anyone who may care:
I am playing this mod for the first time and plan on making a walkthrough for it based on my experience as well as information I found on the interwebz.

Hi there.

I recently stumbled across this mod and I have to say that so far its been excellent fun. The high damage really ramps up the fun and puts the fear back in.

I have run across a couple of issues though. Firstly, like a few others here, I've run into some confusion about what exactly to do with Tess. The difference is, I've no idea how to solve it. I've got her to the sobbing stage, but no idea what to do with her next.

The other problem I had was with the Brotherhood of Steel. I'd rescued the scribe before I found their base, so didn't have any build up before they let me straight in. Once inside though, no one would talk to me and there seemed to be nothing else to do there. I'm guessing this isn't the normal way its supposed to go?

Tom_Violence said:
I have run across a couple of issues though. Firstly, like a few others here, I've run into some confusion about what exactly to do with Tess. The difference is, I've no idea how to solve it. I've got her to the sobbing stage, but no idea what to do with her next.
This quest can actually break (it did for me at least) if not done in the right order. First, get the quest to find out what happened to Tess' husband. Once you find his body, leave the area and report back to her. Then talk to the Jake who is found near the middle of the map. He is next to a dog. He will give you a quest to kill the beast that killed Tess' husband. Return back to where you found her husband's body. Take care of business there and then report back and have speaks with both Tess and Jake.

Tom_Violence said:
The other problem I had was with the Brotherhood of Steel. I'd rescued the scribe before I found their base, so didn't have any build up before they let me straight in. Once inside though, no one would talk to me and there seemed to be nothing else to do there. I'm guessing this isn't the normal way its supposed to go?
I never did the BOS quests, so I cannot really comment. I am going to assume you won't get any quests from them until later in the game.

You need to speak to the Overseer, he'll give you a quest to find help from either the SOH or the Brotherhood. Then you can get quests from either as long as you haven't talked to the other IIRC.

requiem_for_a_starfury said:
You need to speak to the Overseer, he'll give you a quest to find help from either the SOH or the Brotherhood. Then you can get quests from either as long as you haven't talked to the other IIRC.
This is true. Though you can get a quest from the SOH before speaking with the Overseer. Once you accept the first quest from them, you can no longer work for the Brotherhood.

@Tom_Violence
Since the Brotherhood already let you into their base, you won't be able to work for the SOH.

Back