Awaken Mod Help Thread (possible spoilers)

• Thread starter Thread starter Awaken Help
  • Start date Start date
Awaken

Downloaded, installed it, played it, and even on Easy, it's a freaking difficult POS. The gameplay is great, don't get me wrong, it's neat seeing a Vault ala Tactics tileset, but the combat/game play is too difficult to be enjoyable. So burning it to CD for storage, and deleting it off the HD.

Really? I didn't think it was too bad, there's a few little things in it that can be a pain starting off. There seems to be ways around combat early in the game too. Just keep looking at all the possibilities, for a tactics mod, it's quite good, and things get easier when you get a few party members.

Great Mod, can't believe it's 4-5 years old and I never heard of it. I think it's got a lot of potential.

Can't figure out how to get Iguana Slayer though... I thought his name might be a giveaway, but he doesn't like Iguana on a stick :)

And I'm stuck on a quest to kill the Fanatics in New Chicago. I've killed the fanatics who are in the sewers, but nothing seemed to happen.

love this mod. but im a mainly fallout 1/2 player... i have no idea how to initiate combat? it seems like a noob question but the way ive been doin it is by stealing and getting caught lol. are there no targeted shots?

im at level 5 or so, but i still cant figure out some basics. anyone?

Fuse?

I'm guessing the fuse for the old machine is actually in Rust Town, but I'll be damned if I can find it. I found some junk, but I don't think that's what I need. I've also found a stinky meat pie and iguana on a stick on the ground, but no fuse. Much searching online has revealed no walkthrough, other than this thread, so if any of you could be so kind, where the fuck is the fuse!?

Pixel hunting ain't fun. Also, this mod is way unbalanced, but what can I expect for free? And as bad as the UI is for the original Fallout, this is actually worse. No force attack, no context menu, and no right-clicking. Ugh. Story seems decent, so maybe I'll stick with it, though. If I can just find the fuse.... lol.

EDIT: Finally found it, along with a piece of paper leading to a "treasure" apparently. The paper was on top of a large container (i.e. climb a ladder). The fuse, for those that want to know, is located near a bunch of refrigerators/toilets in a grid, in the top-right section of the map. ("Behind" the bar I guess.)

Am I crazy, or does running the Awaken uninstall actually delete the vanilla BOS.exe?

I don't know who to facepalm, but that's a bit of a faux pas whether it's my fault or theirs... :crazy:

Yeah I heard that, so I backed up my exe before installing awaken. Then copied the campaign folder elsewhere and unistalled awaken and restored my exe and moved the copy of awaken back into my FOT folder.

I hadn't heard that, but luckily I've actually got 3 installs of Tactics between 2 computers and another on an external hard drive. That could be seriously annoying if one had to reinstall and repatch though... >.<

Could anybody please tell me how do I open the outer door to the Laboratory? I've gotten the yellow pass card from the wreak of Mr. Handy, but the door still won't open.

You need to have high lockpick skill ( around 100%). An electronic lockpick or regular lockpick tools help a lot.

I came out from the BRC after recovered the data from computer,but i can't see the location of the vault 32,the place where i'm supposed to go back now.
I read something about the search for a special place for the vault before going back to the v32,but i don' know where is it.

Help please

I finished the mod 5 minutes ago,and it was great,my judgement 9/10.
Problem is ending scenes were in polish language instead of english.
Anyone had the same problem? Any suggestion?

Hi,

I've got a little problem. in center of biological studies (i don't know how its in English, in Polish its just CBB), when that scientist with hybrids sets autodestruction i can't go out. Ladder isn't working and there is no other way out.

Can someone tell me whats goin on?

PS. I've got a rope, but it isn't changing anything

What version do you play?
All team mates should enter on green exit grid, you have to have a rope in inventory.
Did you "talk" to computer? Is there a time downcounter?

1.27 with 1.40 awaken
I've got the rope, there is a countdown, I've talked to terminal, used all holodisks but there is no green zone. My dog has rope too.

Eh, I am going to reinstall game then install awaken again.

EDIT: After reinstall it's working.

Back