Even after Fallout 4, many fans still asking for an Obsidian developed Fallout

If they havn't done it in the last 20 years and they are selling millions of games with their current strategy, why should they ever feel the need to do a 180°? IF anything, they will do a 360° and call it 180°. See Doom 4.

Rlly tho, I'd like it if anyone could make a new Fallout. Call me foolish, but I think Bethesda can pull a 180 turn and fix their shit.

Heh, I would like to make some snarky remark now but I rather just tell you that you are misplacing your faith.
Even if the developers were replaced the higher ups and the marketing department would not allow major changes.

Bethesda is going downhill fast folks. Our patience has finally paid off. MWHAHAHAHA!

Fallout 4 and Doom are just the beginning. A few more tepid releases and the shit will hit the fan.

Bethesda is going downhill fast folks. Our patience has finally paid off. MWHAHAHAHA!

Fallout 4 and Doom are just the beginning. A few more tepid releases and the shit will hit the fan.
hopefully, dishonored 2 will be living legacy of deus ex and thief

Good god what they've done to Doom, I'm subscribed to the Doom thread on the Codex and wow did they fuck that up. Enjoyed that video from sexbad.

Still how worse can it be compared to Fallout?(probably shitty but that's what happens when you put Bethesda in the mix Bethesda + good game series = shitty sequel nobody wanted.

hopefully, dishonored 2 will be living legacy of deus ex and thief
Well that's one hell of a legacy they'd have to live up to, though to be honest after playing Dishonored I don't really think it held up compared to Thief even though there's some good stuff about it.

I'm amazed that we live in a world where it's possible to fuck up a game like Doom.

Sadly those are the times, in the last ten years I have pretty much seen almost every IP I ever gave a shit about going down the dumps because they were either taken over by other developers or producers who claimed that they were 'fans of the originals', or the IP's creators themselves lost their mind somehow and screwed up it up.

Little gems like Fallout New Vegas or the Metroid Prime series then become very exceptional then.
Bethesda pretty much wiped out whatever hope there was left for the Fallout franchise and Nintendo doesn't seem to know what to do with the Metroid franchise.

I wonder how I will look back at this all ten years from now if I am still around.

It's actually really simple to fuck up a game like doom, they just need to follow this 3 step process:

Step 1: throw away the balance inherent in a skill based shooter by having powerup loadouts and a random overpowered tech thingy that turns one guy into a big tank so he can feel special at the expense of everyone else.

Step 2: further throw away any semblance of a skill based shooter by making the sniper/railgun equivalent weapon have autoaim.

Step 3: Ignore the opinions of people who actually like those kind of games, and attempt to discredit them by saying they are stuck in the past and that they just don't want progress (all the while neglecting to show any sort of measurable progress in your games genre)

Its pretty much the same thing they did with Fallout 4, if you replace 1 & 2 with "remove all noticeable crpg elements" and "write everyone's character into a corner".

just fucking give me Van buren already i don't need any other fallout than this, i want MORE of van buren, i want to play it, try it! i want to feel the lore going on my face, i just want to feel what i felt during fallout 1 and 2 : Satisfaction of choosing something. I want that badly made random build are deadly and fatal, i want perk to be distinct (Not a simple stats that is bumped!), i'm sick and tired of all of this, i just want Van Buren ! it's not like they have to think or anything, most of it is already done!

Today marks seven years since Fallout: New Vegas was announced. If Bethesda licenses Fallout to Obsidian again for a 2019/2020 release, that would hopefully be welcome (if they aren't forced to adopt Bethesda's constraints).

Man, seven years ago when hope and excitement returned, and it definitely paid off.

Truth be told, a while back I was surprised to discover that Fallout New Vegas was already five/six years old again and how much had actually happened in the meantime.

Going to boot up FNV when I have some time again, a love that never wanes.

Edit:

I think the hardcoded constraints will make it in general impossible for Obsidian to make a Fallout as good as FNV.
They can fix the storyline and some other minor things but the RPG elements in general will be a problem.

Basically Fallout 4 is a better looking FOBOS.

Man, seven years ago when hope and excitement returned, and it definitely paid off.

Truth be told, a while back I was surprised to discover that Fallout New Vegas was already five/six years old again and how much had actually happened in the meantime.

Going to boot up FNV when I have some time again, a love that never wanes.

Edit:

I think the hardcoded constraints will make it in general impossible for Obsidian to make a Fallout as good as FNV.
They can fix the storyline and some other minor things but the RPG elements in general will be a problem.

Basically Fallout 4 is a better looking FOBOS.
nope, they can reworked damage system and armor which modder couldn't do back in fallout 3. just look at skyui or frostfall.

it is very possible to work it out like before. the only hardcoded thing that is difficult to modify are power armor mechanic and settlement, which i absolutely fine at.

I'm pretty sure Obsidian won't be able to fix the dialogue system and the changes to the skills and perk system, though.

A lot of things you can correct in Bethesda's Fallout without them looking over your shoulder every now and then. But those two things? Bethesda wouldn't allow it. Hell, I bet what I don't have that we will have a voiced protagonist for life. And the skill and perk system, I'm pretty sure Bethesda will want to be the ones that fix it (if they even plan to do so).

Nah. I can already hear the complaints. "Why did they take out the voiced protagonist? It was awesome!". "Ground breaking" (for Fallout, but not like it was a good thing...) elements are rarely removed from games if they are extremely noticeable, and Bethesda won't want to take the bullet.

I'm pretty sure Obsidian won't be able to fix the dialogue system and the changes to the skills and perk system, though.

A lot of things you can correct in Bethesda's Fallout without them looking over your shoulder every now and then. But those two things? Bethesda wouldn't allow it. Hell, I bet what I don't have that we will have a voiced protagonist for life. And the skill and perk system, I'm pretty sure Bethesda will want to be the ones that fix it (if they even plan to do so).

Nah. I can already hear the complaints. "Why did they take out the voiced protagonist? It was awesome!". "Ground breaking" (for Fallout, but not like it was a good thing...) elements are rarely removed from games if they are extremely noticeable, and Bethesda won't want to take the bullet.
this time they will tell us "bethesda said if our game was better than fo4 they wont give us the bonus" "they also said they won't give us the bonus if we don't have 95 on metacritic" "they gave us the new engine with the hardcoded dialog meaning we couldnt change it and we also were forced to make the new courier voiced"

i'm sure bethesda could force them to do an even shittier game because they noticed how more and more people loves obsidian

After seeing what happened to the Command and Conquer Tiberium and Red Alert Series under EA I have no faith in Bethesda reinvigorating Fallout with Black Isle Elements and Flavour.

I too long for Van Buran...

I really, really want to draw some more Artwork for it too but my Grip and Fine Control for my Hands and Fingers is still gone from my time in Hospital.

That's a good Analogy really.

Being able to visualise ideas and solutions but unable to implement them.

Agency.

Fallout 4 robbed the Players/Customers of Agency.

Command and Conquer and Fallout are kind of like a pair of Cast out Orphans.

The System abandoned them and the only good chance and performances they show is from Unofficial Sources.

Without the Modding Community these Rich in Lore Genres would be even more debased or forgotten.

After seeing what happened to the Command and Conquer Tiberium and Red Alert Series under EA I have no faith in Bethesda reinvigorating Fallout with Black Isle Elements and Flavour.
The only flavor you will ever get from studios like that... is Strawberry Vegemite.

SVP_2.png

Last edited:
Sadly those are the times, in the last ten years I have pretty much seen almost every IP I ever gave a shit about going down the dumps

haha, same.

Megaman = dead.
Yugioh = pendulum and now that link summon.
Pokemon = Z-Moves and broken megas.
Fallout = Fallout 4.
Starcraft = Kill the workers of others, the game.

And I do not even want to start talking about Mass Effect here.

Why not have Obsidian do Fallout in a CRPG form like how they do Pillars of Eternity etc... They do the old school treatment, using the Western part of the US as lore, while Beth focuses on everything East of the Mississippi.

Back