Even after Fallout 4, many fans still asking for an Obsidian developed Fallout

I
Uh, what. I'm not really on @DirtyOldShoe's side either but out of this whole charade you're the only one who has nothing to offer.
I can see I'm talking to the wrong crowd. Gamers are notoriously lazy. Just sit back man take it easy. If you have no ideas to offer I really don't know why you'd waste my time. I need some pro active people I can work with. I'll keep looking. Enjoy your next playthrough of Fallout 4.

I can see I'm talking to the wrong crowd. Gamers are notoriously lazy. Just sit back man take it easy. If you have no ideas to offer I really don't know why you'd waste my time. I need some pro active people I can work with. I'll keep looking. Enjoy your next playthrough of Fallout 4.

Alright, then. If you aren't lazy, why don't you work on this petition yourself? It does not takes an entire team to organise a single petition.

Start the entire petition, by yourself, and then people will take you seriously and help you spread the petition. Until then, do not run around until you find a "group to work with".

If you need help with the petition, ask for the help, not get people to do the whole thing for you. If you just wanted to float the idea of a petition, people have already done petitions before and people already know petitions exists, so that's unnecessary.

Fallout isn't dead to me until Bethesda decides to touch the west coast. If the previous character system comprising of SPECIAL, perks, traits, and skills returns, then Fallout may not be lost to us after all.

Fallout isn't dead to me until Bethesda decides to touch the west coast.
I don't understand this type of thought. If you like the previous iterations they are still intact and you have lost nothing. If the current and future ones are not recognizable, you still have the originals so I don't see where 'dead' comes in. Do you not enjoy playing the previous titles anymore?

The lore's still taken a sledgehammer to the knees.

[edit]

And yeah, Fallout isn't necessarily "dead" to me, like, I still consider Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics to be canon and I'm going to replace FNV as canon once/if the fan-made Van Buren gets finished. So those games ain't "dead to me". It's the future of Fallout that is dead to me. That's why I'll even replace FNV with fan made Van Buren, I can't stand the new gameplay. So even if Obsidian got another shot at it I would be reluctant to even trying it out.

Fallout, the 'real' Fallout, isn't dead. It's still alive and kicking. But that's all that there will ever be for me.

Fallout isn't dead to me until Bethesda decides to touch the west coast. If the previous character system comprising of SPECIAL, perks, traits, and skills returns, then Fallout may not be lost to us after all.
Bethesda is beyond the point of giving a shit about the classic Fallouts or FNV, and the group who would be in an uproar if they made a west coast Fallout no longer out numbers the Bethtards. East Coast real estate won't last forever and all it will take is a 100 year jump in the timeline to completely wipe out all the lore and factions that exist on the West Coast. The jump from Oblivion to Skyrim was 200 years so it's not unprecedented.

To clarify, by dead, I meant the idea that Fallout has no future, which is what I interpreted from Mr. Fish's comment.

To clarify, by dead, I meant the idea that Fallout has no future, which is what I interpreted from Mr. Fish's comment.
You call yourself a Desert Ranger? Chin up Soldier, nothing is lost.
(In all seriousness I do get what you mean, but I started loosing faith when Oblivion came out, so I don't really know what else to expect. The most I can ever hope for going forward, and will probably be disappointed in, is a not complete shit story, as in, for me the story needs to be 100% avoidable or have 'some' good writing.)

Alright, then. If you aren't lazy, why don't you work on this petition yourself? It does not takes an entire team to organise a single petition.

Start the entire petition, by yourself, and then people will take you seriously and help you spread the petition. Until then, do not run around until you find a "group to work with".

If you need help with the petition, ask for the help, not get people to do the whole thing for you. If you just wanted to float the idea of a petition, people have already done petitions before and people already know petitions exists, so that's unnecessary.
Yeah man thanks for the feedback. Was really just seeking out ideas to promote this. I can see that going to the gamers who don't have any creativity themselves was a mistake. They'd much rather debate like retards in a forum. Ha ha like literally every retarded forum on the internet. I'll look elsewhere man but I intend to give this a crack. Thank you all you've set me on the path.

Yeah man thanks for the feedback. Was really just seeking out ideas to promote this. I can see that going to the gamers who don't have any creativity themselves was a mistake. They'd much rather debate like retards in a forum. Ha ha like literally every retarded forum on the internet. I'll look elsewhere man but I intend to give this a crack. Thank you all you've set me on the path.
Good luck Neo, I believe in you, well, I believe in whoever you get to do all the work for you. Say good night to your mom for me.

Thanks man will do.
Thank you.

Good luck to your next productive internet argument.
Is your good luck wishes only to the internet argument variety or is it more of a global variable? As in, would I be able to apply said "wishes" to other arguments like, talking to myself and/or to inanimate objects?

and then another watch-through of Fallout 4 ha ha.
Fixed it for you ;)

You'll go far.

The only way of making Bethesda allow other company to make a Fallout game is to somehow prove to them that new game would be more profitable than a simple DLC for Fallout 4, it is clear profits are all they want from the Fallout and The Elder Scrolls IPs.

Obsidian and inXile seem quite busy working on their own projects and I am glad to see Obsidian working with Paradox Entertainment and with inXile, I hope they all develop a nice honest business relationship that will strength them and the gaming industry, the opposite of relationships companies get from working with Bethesda (Obsidian not getting their bonus because of 1 point, Headfirst Productions which seems to have gotten bankrupt due to financial problems dealing with Bethesda, and who knows who else).

To be honest I am with some of the users here, I love the classic Fallout games and I like Fallout New Vegas, but maybe it is time to let it go, I don't think we will ever see another isometric and/or turn based Fallout game while the IP belongs to Bethesda and due to how successful and profitable it is I don't think they will ever "let it go". I would prefer a totally new IP that could be considered the spiritual successor of classic Fallouts or an entire new one that is post apocalyptic even if it is different from the classic Fallouts, a company having all the freedom to make their own universe and lore and canon and not be restricted by what another company decides to force onto them could make awesome new games.

To be honest... awesome new games.

I have said those words myself and this is probably the right way of thinking. But I find it difficult to say goodbye, just as I find it difficult to go separate ways from other franchises I have enjoyed so much such. They have already become such different beasts from the ones I came to like and defined stories and gameplay for me, they were important and now I need to move past that into unfamiliar territory.

It would have been better if there were already things I was looking forwards to try out, but in my opinion these last five years (perhaps more) have been a creative black hole: barely anything of significance has come out to entice me.
Remakes/reboots, prequels, weaker sequels, that is what a lot of the games industry seems to be about.

I have said those words myself and this is probably the right way of thinking. But I find it difficult to say goodbye, just as I find it difficult to go separate ways from other franchises I have enjoyed so much such. They have already become such different beasts from the ones I came to like and defined stories and gameplay for me, they were important and now I need to move past that into unfamiliar territory.

It would have been better if there were already things I was looking forwards to try out, but in my opinion these last five years (perhaps more) have been a creative black hole: barely anything of significance has come out to entice me.
Remakes/reboots, prequels, weaker sequels, that is what a lot of the games industry seems to be about.
I love Resident Evil and Silent Hill but I parted ways with those series' long ago (in terms of having any hope for future games) and it ain't easy to find new games to replace the hole older series you loved created but it can happen.

Personally, I look towards the indie PC scene on Steam for new series' to get hooked on. Hotline Miami, Nuclear Throne, Binding Of Isaac, Little Inferno, Mark Of The Ninja, Metal Dead, Monaco, Rogue Legacy and Don't Starve are some games I got hooked on and absolutely adore and I would love to see future games for them. Then there's the cRPG resurgence. Dead State, Wasteland 2, Underrail and Pillars Of Eternity are all awesome and I would love to see more games in the future.

I have no idea if any of them will be continued upon or when that will happen, but I have hope. I actually have hope for future instalments. I haven't had hope for a game series since like 2008. So for me there's been games to replace the gaping holes other series I loved created when they turned to shit. You just gotta experiment with new stuff and look towards the indie scene and completely ignore the triple-a scene. While other series I loved have died and are rotting at least something new is blossoming in between their cadavers.

So it depends on what part of the game industry you look.

That's not to say the indie-scene is perfect. Not at all. You have to wade through a lot of shit to get to the gems but at least there's gems to be found which is more than I could say for triple-a stuff.

The only way of making Bethesda allow other company to make a Fallout game is to somehow prove to them that new game would be more profitable than a simple DLC for Fallout 4, it is clear profits are all they want from the Fallout and The Elder Scrolls IPs.

I swear to fuck, I will buy, like 12 copies of an obsidian Fallout.

Please bethesda, pls.

Yeah I am like that too, I grew so attached to old games it is hard (or impossible) to find something to fill that spot, then I reach the point that I "over-play" the old games (Fallout 1 and 2, Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, Planescape: Torment, etc) that I need to take a break from playing them :confused: so I can't even play the classics once more for a while.

But now I have hope (for the first time since a while back), last time I was this hopeful (not hyped but hopeful they are different things) was when Wasteland 2 and Pillars of Eternity were being made :aiee:. There are a few games that might end up as good enough to fill my need of "old school" type of games:
And while I wait I can always replay some newer games (even if they have some problems or some "not as good" things compared to other games):
  • Wasteland 2
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Shadowrun games
Not counting some other older games I still play a lot:
  • Civilization V
  • Crusader Kings 2
  • TTW (Fallout New Vegas + Fallout 3 + DLCs all in one)
  • Mount and Blade Warbands
  • Etc

Back