Even after Fallout 4, many fans still asking for an Obsidian developed Fallout

Did New Vegas have as big of a marketing campaign as 3 & 4? I know it had that cool CG trailer and all those pictures of the Rangers out the front of Vegas but I can't find/remember anything else.
No way. It was barely hyped up in comparison.

Yet people still want another Obsidian game.
Goes to show just how having a ruthless Marketing Campaign makes no difference really.

(Except in Phantom Pain's case, I will miss speculating the next piece of information and trying to make sense of all the trailers).

I felt like writing this adaption of Red River Valley, as a farewell to Obsidian's role in the Fallout series. Maybe they'll be back one day.

From this series they say you are going
We will miss your sweet care and writing
For they say you are taking the sunshine
that has brightened our hopes for a while

So come and sit by our side if you love us
Do not hasten to bid us adieu
Just remember the N-M-A valley
and the ones who have loved you so true

For a long time, Obsidian, I've waited
For the sweet words you never would say
Now at last all my fond hopes have vanished
For they say that you're going away

So come and sit by our side if you love us
Do not hasten to bid us adieu
Just remember the N-M-A valley
And the ones who have loved you so true

I'm aware. I chose Red River Valley precisely because there was an adaptation of it in FNV, along with adaptations of Home on The Range, and Streets of Laredo. But with my version, I also wanted to contrast Obsidian's role with the state of the series now after Fallout 4.

Speak for yourself, but I thought it would be interesting and original to adapt a folk song to something so separate from the historical background of the folk genre, yet quite alike in message.

Not criticising. Just commenting. It's pretty geeky to adapt an old folk song to a lament for a video game company probably not getting access to a video game series.

No way. It was barely hyped up in comparison.

I feel like that may have been almost intentional.

Not criticising. Just commenting. It's pretty geeky to adapt an old folk song to a lament for a video game company probably not getting access to a video game series.

That is to say, gaming is a part of culture now. It's art and entertainment, just like every other form.

I like to think of it this way. NMA may look like a community making a big fuss out of nothing. But you all know, that back in ancient times, troupes would put out plays with unfaithful actor/actress choices and poor acting, and they would be chastised for doing so, sometimes to the point of angering royalty, political leaders, and other assorted powerful people, and the troupe would get screwed over hard because they were considered to be disrespectful.

People take those incidents seriously when regarding history, but not this, because it hasn't become history yet. If one NMAer ends up a billionaire with connections, they could pull strings to get Bethesda to go down and put Fallout in the hands of Obsidian, and in that sense that would be an equivalent of those incidents.

It's not an identical case, as troupes didn't "own IPs", but there are clear similarities that people don't recognise because we don't have the benefit of hindsight yet. In the future, though...

I recently tweeted Brian Fargo from Inexile about petitioning Bethesda to allow him to make an isometric Fallout game under license. He retweeted me suggesting he endorses that. Does anyone here have the organizational skills to get that going? I really think we've got a shot at making that happen if we get enough people signed up. I'm sure all the Wasteland 2 people and the NMA crowd would be keen for that to happen.

I'm not sure, Change.org maybe? A petition would probably require at least a couple hundred thousand signatures to get Bethesda to carefully consider it.

I recently tweeted Brian Fargo from Inexile about petitioning Bethesda to allow him to make an isometric Fallout game under license. He retweeted me suggesting he endorses that. Does anyone here have the organizational skills to get that going? I really think we've got a shot at making that happen if we get enough people signed up. I'm sure all the Wasteland 2 people and the NMA crowd would be keen for that to happen.
I'm not sure, Change.org maybe? A petition would probably require at least a couple hundred thousand signatures to get Bethesda to carefully consider it.
Already done some time ago. I'm not endorsing it and I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it. If not, please remove it.
https://www.change.org/p/zenimax-media-inc-contract-obsidian-entertainment-for-future-fallout-games

Already done some time ago. I'm not endorsing it and I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it. If not, please remove it.
https://www.change.org/p/zenimax-media-inc-contract-obsidian-entertainment-for-future-fallout-games
That one is a request for Obsidian, who seem to be too busy with Tyranny and Project Louisiana to work on a Fallout game even if they were to get permission. And if they get it, early 2019 is the earliest I've mentioned before that I believe Obsidian could release a Fallout game. I don't think Bethesda has reached out to them for Fallout yet, based on the following response from an Obsidian employee.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/49tkt8/z/d0wa8m4?context=4

InXile's newest to be released game is The Bard's Tale IV, and on their forum they say they plan to release it late 2017. It doesn't look like InXile has time for a Fallout game, either.

It sucks that in both cases, people will have to wait a long time. Bethesda might actually get somebody else, if they even care about satisfying fans' hope for a new Fallout. And that could be a bad thing depending who they get.

Ok that's an idea. I don't think they'd necessarily need that many for a relatively s
Nope not for Obsidian for Inexile for an isometric game like the originals. You won't sign a petition to get that happening?

I have little to no hope that Bethesda would ever let Inxile or Obsidian to develop a Fallout spin off either using the FO4 engine and assets (which I think will actually hinder any good design) or an isometric spin off.
Fallout New Vegas was a surprise but I think it was a very rare decision by Bethesda to allow this to happen.

Only big chance I see for this ever to happen is if someone bought out Zenimax Bethesda. I think there is a bigger chance that I get hit by lightning.

Where is it?
There isn't one yet which is why I came here for ideas. I'm not exactly an organised person haha. If there is anyone you know who is good at this sort of thing let them know and we can all work together and get it going. I'm sure Inexile would be happy for us to try. If it goes nowhere we haven't really lost anything but a bit of time.

Where is it?
There isn't one yet which is why I came here for ideas. I'm not exactly an organised person haha. If there is anyone you know who is good at this sort of thing let them know and we can all work together and get it going. I'm sure Inexile would be happy for us to try. If it goes nowhere we haven't really lost anything but a bit of time.

I have little to no hope that Bethesda would ever let Inxile or Obsidian to develop a Fallout spin off either using the FO4 engine and assets (which I think will actually hinder any good design) or an isometric spin off.
Fallout New Vegas was a surprise but I think it was a very rare decision by Bethesda to allow this to happen.

Only big chance I see for this ever to happen is if someone bought out Zenimax Bethesda. I think there is a bigger chance that I get hit by lightning.
Oh YOU have little hope? Wow ok I guess I won't bother then.

Listen Sir Postsalot. If you want to be an instrument of change, don't ask people if they would sign an imaginary petition. Make one. If you feel as strongly as you do, you should be making it, then asking other to join. I sure hope you're not expecting someone else to take off with your idea. Nothing pisses me off more than someone with a great idea for someone else to do. If you have no intention on making it, you shouldn't try and convince others to. That is not a leader personality type but a sheeps.

Oh YOU have little hope? Wow ok I guess I won't bother then.
You're all bark and no bite, no loss.

Last edited:
Back