Even after Fallout 4, many fans still asking for an Obsidian developed Fallout

Yeah, I've grown to really doubt if Obsidian will get the chance to work on a Fallout title again.
It's depressing, but in a way, I'm kind of glad.
Bethesda want to do their own thing, and as we've seen before, they were willing to screw Obsidian over because of 1 point. (I don't know anything that happened between Headfirst and Bethesda however).

I've said it before, I would rather see Inixille and Obsidian work on the Wasteland series, it may not be perfect but it's something.
I also don't know if Chris Avellone would work on the Wasteland series, I would hope he would.
It seems they are in a much better position than they are if they are making a new Fallout.

https://twitter.com/Obsidian/status/714162934163738625

Unless Beth is licensing Fallout to someone else (probably not Obsidian) within the next two years, it looks more like there will be another 7 year wait for Beth's "Fallout" 5.
FO5 probably, but if this treatment of Elder Scrolls is any indication https://www.elderscrollslegends.com/ then I expect quite a few Fallout related money grabs like fallout shelter. BGS has officially gone full retard with their IP's.

What Beth need to do is license the IP to a bunch of studios and just let them do whatever they please. Diversify things a bit and let some fresh minds take a crack at it, maybe even let someone make a new CRPG to appeal to us oldfags who love the originals, they must know there's a market now with the success of the likes of Wasteland 2 and Pillars.

They won't, of course, they'd rather hand it off to one of their own teams (probably at the new studio and probably a mobile game) to keep their iron grip :(

Diversify things a bit and let some fresh minds take a crack at it, maybe even let someone make a new CRPG to appeal to us oldfags who love the originals, they must know there's a market now with the success of the likes of Wasteland 2 and Pillars.
I fear that this market isn't big enough for Beth/Zenimax. And then I think of the fuss they made about Obsidian missing the one point in metacritic...

But yeah, I really hope, something like New Vegas will happen again some time in the future.

I just want a newly furnished version of New Vegas with F4's engine

That, would be pretty cool.

Eh, the Creation engine is just Gamebryo 2.0, I'd much rather New Vegas was remade on something that actually works.

Eh, the Creation engine is just Gamebryo 2.0, I'd much rather New Vegas was remade on something that actually works.

[Sarcastic] But Izak, how could you say that about the Creation Engine? Todd Howard Himself said
Todd+jesus+i+got+bored+and+made+this+hope+it_5d79c0_5642597.jpg

Last edited:
My wish fulfillment would be Chris Avellone, Josh Sawyer, Tim Caine, and Brian Fargo at the head of Obsidian with just taking over the Fallout ip.

Their first announcement is that anything made by Bethesda is automatically non-canon and purged from Fallout lore.

In their new fallout game The Brotherhood of Steel have been reduced to but a few grizzled veterans still upholding the Brotherhoods Codex.

In a quest line, you help them against a group of pretenders calling themselves the "Brotherhood of Steel" and making an entire mockery of the name.

They set out on a crusade against them, uttering their battlecry "No Muties Alllowed!" :wiggle:

Fargo? What for?

Yeah didn't he just give Tim the assignment or the chance to make a sort of spiritual sequel to Wasteland?
From what I recall he played no active role in the development of Fallout 1 and 2. He was just the guy who signed documents and cheques.

Maybe it's about the right variables for a certain outcome, if so, Brian Fargo plays a part no matter how small.

I always get the feeling that Obsidian is rather full with people that enjoy to work always on new stuff rather than to stay with the same project for decades. Not that I have a problem with either of it. It's just when you look at Bethesda, they have pretty much only 2 inhouse projects which they worked with for the last 15-20 years or so.

I always get the feeling that Obsidian is rather full with people that enjoy to work always on new stuff rather than to stay with the same project for decades. Not that I have a problem with either of it. It's just when you look at Bethesda, they have pretty much only 2 inhouse projects which they worked with for the last 15-20 years or so.
yeah RIP tho

Rlly tho, I'd like it if anyone could make a new Fallout. Call me foolish, but I think Bethesda can pull a 180 turn and fix their shit.

Back