Fallout 5 Predictions Thread (with EXPLOSIONS!)

If Fallout 5 is made by Bethesda, I think they might go for a more Borderline-like gameplay. Fallout 4 seems to have had made a huge step in that direction. Maybe even they will turn it into something more like the new Grand Theft Auto or Red Dead Redemption and completely get rid off the RPG elements? Not necessarily a bad thing - I'd prefer a decent action game than a half-assed CoD/Minecraft with a role-playing game mascarade. Looking at F4, it's not that unlikely. Either that, or the negative voices from fans will scare them and they will try to make it more like F3.

I hope there will be another Fallout game by Obsidian. Hell, they could even give it to id Software, so they would make a good Fallout shooter game.

And call of duty has level ups. Big deal. Does it mean it's an RPG now?

You would have to be almost a cynic to call Fallout 4 an RPG. And even Skyrim, in my opinion contains just enough RPG elements that you barely can describe it as such. Bethesda, in my opinion isn't making RPGs anymore. They are making games for people that don't like RPGs, but want to play one, without actually suffering trough the characteristics that are very common in old school RPGs. Things that people describe often as number crunching, boring gameplay, to much to read and tedious visuals, where turn based combat and top down gameplay is described as 'old school' and 'outdated'.

When you look at recent Bethesda games, this is what you get, when you look at them as RPGs:

stock-photo-old-fake-facade-on-white-background-isolated-50363353.jpg

When you look at it from the front, it gives you the impression of a real house and mansion. but the moment you look behind it, there is nothing but an empty facade. Like movie props for a western setting.

When you look at it from the front, it gives you the impression of a real house and mansion. but the moment you look behind it, there is nothing but an empty facade. Like movie props for a western setting.
Be like North Korea, and build the set... so that it's all real.

1. Post-apocalypse is about finding your missing male family member only, so you'll have to look for your missing brother. Or your missing grandfather who is the sole survivor.

2. You'll start in Vault 123, because you need to start in a vault, it needs to have a spiffy number, and because established canon is a mild suggestion at best.

3. The main antagonists will be aliens who are terrorising New New York by making everyone addicted to Jet, which is actually an alien-manufactured drug, btw.

4. There will be four factions, and you will need to join one, and only one, for the showdown against Mothership New Zeta, because the factions hate each other so much they cannot put their differences aside even to fight extraterrestrial invaders, and also because diplomacy is for pussies

5. Your missing male sibling will be the overlord of Mothership New Zeta and the final "emotional" boss fight: he was abducted by aliens but then they elected him as their leader because he's that good at being an alien invader

6. The factions are: a) BoS, lead by the illegitimate child of Arthur Maxson and Sarah Lyons who grew up on the West Coast because of Reasons, b) The Metro Line, who think that shooting at supermutants is mean and helps them run away so they could keep eating and dipping humans in a more open-minded part of the wastes c) The Enclave, who are now good, and it's ok to join them because they are super sowwy about that attempted genocide business. d) Yankees. A faction with no cause, but they're kinda sorta a New York-related so why not? Their storyline is just a series of radiant quests

Wow, blowing stuff out my ass is so much fun. I kinda get why Emil doesn't even try to write anything worthwhile.

Only thing I need to know is I ain´t buyng that shit. If my dealer gives me crack instead of weed, I´m not going back to the asshole.

All I can think of is how I'm gonna relate to my gamer friend that year, all through FO3 and FO4 all I ever told him were words related to "no" "nah" "not really" "sigh" "I don't really want to", desperately trying to be diplomatic, maintain our friendship, while still denying and refuting and disagreeing with everything he says.
It's really tiresome :I
"Have you bought FO5 yet?"
"no"
"come on, let's go buy it for you right now!"
"naaaah"
"Man it's AWESOME they got rid of quests and stuff, you have to collect scrap to win the scrap collecting achievement, ive been collecting 50 000 pieces of scrap for 2 weeks now, dude you GOTTA buy this game, you'll LOVE it!"
"I don't really want to... "
"But this is the REAL fallout, the way it was always meant to be!"
"not really... "
"god, don't tell me you still want to READ in your games, what else, top-down view and lame skills!?"
"sigh... "

Do you really think you belong to NMA if you don't value Fallout higher then a friendship? Hmm?! HMMM! :p

I'd like them to do "Fallout: The Boneyard" next and completely ignore Fallout 1 lore to make it a radioactive Los Angeles Ghoul Hollywood stars, 1950s top hat and animal shaped buildings, and Hubologists as Raiders.

:)

completely ignore Fallout 1 lore to make it a radioactive Los Angeles Ghoul Hollywood stars, 1950s top hat and animal shaped buildings, and Hubologists as Raiders.
latest

That sounds... stupid actually.

It may as well not be a Fallout game in such a situation. It may as well be a completely different post-apocalyptic game.

Last edited:
A parent and child were separated after the war.
Choose who you will play as, mother, father, son or daughter.
The search for your family member.
Fallout 3/4 not dynamic enough for you? Now when you play as (insert family member here), when you finish the 2 hour main quest, you can now play as (insert alternate family member here) To keep the game alive, we've decided to let you play as your relatives too, now you can be environmental story telling too! We listen to our fans feedback and we know you want to play as other races, now, you can play as the inanimate skeleton uncle bob or aunt Jane. Watch from the seat of a decapitated diner as the sun rises and falls.

Fallout 5 AKA one gun, one bullet type.
There are no differences between male/female/child and everyone has the name, Raider.
Raiders have three groups, mean, really mean and not so mean.

Want to play as an environmental story telling raider skeleton? You can! Watch as your fellow raiders that sound like androgynous females sip Nuka Cola wearing the Dovakiin Helmet with their pet Doghouls.

Fallout 5, the game that plays you.

You play as a skeleton holding a Teddy bear on a derailed rollercoaster who gets his flesh back after the Neo Enclave tests Neo FEV on corpses to create an army of sentient Robotic Skeletons and you must find your son who you got the Teddy bear for to begin with before you decided to take a Ride on the Roller coaster the day the bombs hit. Plot twist he is actually a brain in a jar controlling an Eyebot who is the new president of the Enclave.

Because Bethesda loves the find a family member plot; the main quest will be finding your brother or sister. The plot for Fallout 6 will be about finding your cousin.

Back