Fallout 76 Nukes Lore and Releases

• Thread starter Thread starter TorontoReign
  • Start date Start date
I watched AlChestBreach's stream last night. He says he enjoys it but at the same time he said that he might play it for a few days until he gets bored of it. Considering how much time he logged into F3, NV & F4, only playing a few days for 76 doesn't look good for the game.

On the plus side, he loved the marsupial mutation that lets him jump really high.

So...West Virginia wasn't nuked as an excuse to throw nukes around to cure the scorched plague and summon le epic end game boss. Ooooooof.

Gaming-Sites rly don't help in this matter. German Gamestar has a poll up and only allows 1 vote, no multiple choice. Votecount is around 1150 atm, below/attached is the result.

Bars from top to bottom:
Scenario/World/Setting
Characters
Story
Sidequests
Fighting
Random Encounters
Factions
SPECIAL-System
Others

upload_2018-11-16_10-34-42.png

Obviously above poll is absolutely poorly designed, I mean come on, if you only have ONE choice to make, what of the above will you select. "Oh, ofc. I play Fallout mainly because of Special. I spend hours and hours in it. Nah, totally not gonna choose story or setting here, SPECIAL is where its at."

The only thing of relevance is people choose world over plot. And it shows.... But when going by above metrics, Beth could do a brahmin-herding simulator in the capital wasteland. Hmm. F76 DOES have 6 DLC, right?

https://www.vgr.com/fallout-76-scorchbeast-queen-boss
So, basically you nuke the fissure site to summon special boss and tough enemie to fight and collecting loots.
I thought nuke is supposed to be the solution for scorchbeats, not the summoning ritual.
I wonder if we can launch a nuke and then if we have another code we can launch another nuke straight away or if there is some kind of limit. If you can launch multiple nukes with multiple, different codes, then we can launch a nuke, call the boss and then kill it with a second nuke.

But they have to had put a limit on nuke strikes... Not even they would be that stupid as allowing multiple nukes in short time.

So is anyone gonna buy and review the real life card packs for F76?
I tried but the site wouldn't accept my phone number.

So why can't the player contract the virus?

Last edited by a moderator:
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Scorchbeast

The only way to shut the rifts is to launch one of the few remaining nuclear I.C.B.M.s from one of three silos scattered across the map, collapsing it and killing those that remain. This is only a temporary measure, as the scorchbeasts will once again overpopulate and breach the surface somewhere else after a period of time, necessitating repeated strikes by vigilant humans to prevent the surface from being fully overrun.

Boy oh boy. Nuking the surface REGULARLY is Necessary to keep everyone safe.... Do these people even get the point of the series?

So apparently the reason why there are "petrified corpses" next to intact buildings is not because the Nules magically only kill humans and leave property intact, but because of the Zombie virus that turns people into petrified corpses after a while, and it's a fungus. It's like Last of Us but writen by a 4 year old.

Gotta love that there's no mention of this virus in the following games. I think Bethesda forgot you can't just add stuff to a prequel if you know the following games make no mention of it.

Boy oh boy. Nuking the surface REGULARLY is Necessary to keep everyone safe.... Do these people even get the point of the series?
Specially when they say in that setence "One of the few remaining nuclear I.C.B.M.s". So we have to nuke stuff regularly but there is only a few nukes... But in fact they are infinite in the game.

Also why weren't those I.C.B.M.s automatically launched when the bombs start falling?

Nah, diseases only last a couple of minutes. Dysentery gets cured in 15 minutes, you know, like real dysentery.

Nah, diseases only last a couple of minutes. Dysentery gets cured in 15 minutes, you know, like real dysentery.

So sort of like this

When will people realize that doctors and scientists specialized in studying diseases and developing cures and vaccines have been lying to them for ages. All the terrible diseases in the world can be so easily cured.

Like usual Bethesda half asses good ideas. Diseases sound like they could potentially be an interesting mechanic by having our character contract them and have a variety of afflictions from them and they could get cured by visiting doctor and maybe they could kill you if left untreated... but no, Wacky debuff that lasts 15 minutes.

Like usual Bethesda half asses good ideas. Diseases sound like they could potentially be an interesting mechanic by having our character contract them and have a variety of afflictions from them and they could get cured by visiting doctor and maybe they could kill you if left untreated... but no, Wacky debuff that lasts 15 minutes.

Indeed, people perhaps taking precaution like not touching corpses or wandering in filthy water or into swamps, or taking cuts serious, cleaning themselves regularly or using vaccines. Roleplaying.

Not even they would be that stupid as allowing multiple nukes in short time.

I jest obviously. The idea of being able to launch a nuke to summon it and then a second to annihilate it would be a funny oversight though.

Obviously not, but I thought that's something we already knew lol.

Anyone who has played it or is playing it, I am curious about one little thing. There are some balloons in the Vault and on the entrance at the begining of the game. Can you shoot/attack those balloons? If so, how do they react? Can you walk up to them? How to they react? Are they solid objects that don't behave like balloons or did they at least not half ass the first thing you see in the game?

Anyone who has played it or is playing it, I am curious about one little thing. There are some balloons in the Vault and on the entrance at the begining of the game. Can you shoot/attack those balloons? If so, how do they react? Can you walk up to them? How to they react? Are they solid objects that don't behave like balloons or did they at least not half ass the first thing you see in the game?
I don't believe they do anything in any reactionary way but I can't remember exactly.

Back