Fallout 2 mod Fallout: Nevada (extended)

Very nice! I'd still like to help locating typos and such.

Hey man you could just test run the game, and check if there is any inconsistancies with faction names, or names in general, you know small things that require attention, just dont fix anything yet, put everything in your list, it will be very usefull when we gangbang to polish this thing all together, it will most likely help us a lot, besides me and Snikers already have some things in our lists to check after we done, lorewise mistakes and some other random stuff that are out of place

Snikers man, im translating a file of some religious guy in Reno, and damn his dialog doesent make sense even in russian:confused:
Wait, are you talking about Patrick? It's because he says "As god wishes" (and similar things) a lot, which doesn't translate into English at all. I've just went through a file that had him ask you to be his bodyguard and the language he uses makes sense...but only in Russian. I'll be happy to have a look at the file you've got

Yeah man that damn Patric, he has two separate files i believe, dont know do you have the other one? His dialog is so confusing, im feeling like i have brocken fingers when i translate him, i mean im pretty religious and he still doesent make any sense to me, poor writing by the devs

Pretty much, i dont worry though, Snikers is a fucking master when it comes to things like this, if you played the latest update version, all the dialog up to Black Rock is edited by him

Yeah man that damn Patric, he has two separate files i believe, dont know do you have the other one? His dialog is so confusing, im feeling like i have brocken fingers when i translate him, i mean im pretty religious and he still doesent make any sense to me, poor writing by the devs

Patrick is the Mormon from Salt Lake City, right? He seemed easy enough to understand when I played the Google-translated version of FoN, but there are a lot of...unique aspects to Mormonism that may make him hard to understand. The FoN devs also obviously played some Fallout: New Vegas, so I wouldn't be surprised if there are some allusions to Joshua Graham (who tends to use a lot of metaphors and Biblical allusions) in there.

I'll keep an eye out for him when the time comes. I may even need to read up on Mormonism to catch everything.

I dont think you have to go that deep, besides i dont see anything special about him, hes just religious, and hes bad written, thats the main problem, i feel like the devs spent 10 minutes to write the dialog

Greets from sweden.. i nerver sign up to forums but today i made an exeption :cool: i just want to let you guys know you are doing a SUPER jobb with this translation, i have been a Fallout fan since i was a small boy just starting to play games other then "super mario" on my nintendo 8-bit haha
Im realy looking forward to the finished product

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK BOYS!!

Thanks!!! I first played Fallout when the game was 11 ears old, I was 16, got it completely random in an issue of gaming magazine, I remember I installed it played for 5 min though to my self (wtf is this ancient crap) Then after a month or so played because had nothing else to play, got caught by big surprise FELL IN LOVE with it and to this day is my all time favorite game, this project is our way to say THANK YOU to this game, for so many hundreds of hours of fun that it have given us.

Dionis, how the work goes? I just wanted to say I'M TOTALLY HYPED and waiting for English version. I'm really happy that you working on this so hard. All Fallout fans from Poland waiting for this. :) Please keep the good work, becouse I think this mod will be the best mod to Fallout so far. And sorry for my English, but I think you can clearly understand me. Despite the fact I can't find the right words to describe how much I'm happy about that English version is in the making process.

Keep up the good work, guys!

On side note, I noticed that there's a quest to
find stuff or something for the guy in the warehouse at the very beginning of the game.
Unfortunately, the list is untranslated, and knowing you guys are already quite far past the beginning part, I assume the files for the list is somewhere down the line and is untouched for now. Just letting you guys know, cheers!

will u guys make a complete installer for this game with the english translation when everything is finished? :razz:

will u guys make a complete installer for this game with the english translation when everything is finished? :razz:

It will most likely be a file replacement folder, just drop in the Fallout folder and replace the existing Russian files, etc.

Keep up the good work, guys!

On side note, I noticed that there's a quest to
find stuff or something for the guy in the warehouse at the very beginning of the game.
Unfortunately, the list is untranslated, and knowing you guys are already quite far past the beginning part, I assume the files for the list is somewhere down the line and is untouched for now. Just letting you guys know, cheers!
Hmm, if I remember correctly, that entire list is stored in the pipboy file. So, whenever that huge thing gets translated should be the time that gets fixed

It will most likely be a file replacement folder, just drop in the Fallout folder and replace the existing Russian files, etc.

i tryed that with the translations you already posted but i cant run the game then.. says it cant find "Master.dat" :confused: the game keeps looking for a ".dat" file but with the update and the translations the master.dat is a file called "master.Dat" and not an actual ".dat" file.. have i got this totaly wrong?? :wall:

i re-installed it and updated + added the translation.. now it says "could not Load/read Font".. it works perfect without the translation :-(

Back