Fallout 2 mod Fallout: Nevada (extended)

Ok people we will have update in a week or so, for Reno, I got 7 (I know i got lazy) big files translated from my share of files, now there are some smaller left, it will take me 4 to 5 days to get em done, plus there will be item translation I will have to do that will take 2 to 3 days.
TC1 how are your files going?
Owing man i havent heard from you in a while I hope you're ok, come back man we need you!
Snikers how is the editing? I hope we have the edited Lovelock for the update!

Ok people we will have update in a week or so, for Reno, I got 7 (I know i got lazy) big files translated from my share of files, now there are some smaller left, it will take me 4 to 5 days to get em done, plus there will be item translation I will have to do that will take 2 to 3 days.
TC1 how are your files going?
Owing man i havent heard from you in a while I hope you're ok, come back man we need you!
I can't wait! :)

I've mopped up all of the small files yesterday and got through about five of the biggies. So that leaves me with a handful of mediums. Should be done within the week, although the burn is real.

Tell me about it bro!!! I now translate only 20kb per day no matter what, because f I sit more than two hours at the translation the next day I have no desire to work, by the way we had a new guy asking to help in translation, I gave him a try and the poor guy gave up after couple of hours, are we the only crazy people here?

Yep, after this city we will work with more management, so no one gets overloaded with work, just a 20kb a day, and you will see how we will finish it even faster, small but steady, I hate skipping days. But we will have our rest first, Reno truly burned me out

You've earned yourself a big crate of vodka guys.
Thanks, but we Russians calmed down on vodka significantly for past decade, I personally don't drink at all, better give me pizza and a can of soda, and I can keep myself for a few days more from going frenzy with this translation

I just wanted to say I am very impressed with you guys.You are doing a great job and I'd like to thank you for your efforts! You deserve a medal.

We are all eagerly waiting for the translation,but the most important thing is to take care of yourselves and minimise the burnout feeling. Slow but steady should be the best option in the long run as you are discussing.

Once again, A big thank you for your efforts.

Sadly, Lovelock's been slower than I expected due to some things in real life stealing a lot of my time. I can't finish Lovelock for Thursday, but I'll have it ready for you as soon as possible.

Yay for you guys still active translating.

I got the Version 6 for 1.02 from the fallout database (file dates from 31.10.2016) , but was quickly bugged with the russian stucking through here and there (not to mention the not at all translated areas yet) and went myself into the files with the help of google, dictionary and my brain (my russian language course was a lifetime ago, so I don't really rely on my brain for the vocabulary ^^) and translated a bit further (set my priority on everything stil in russian except the dialogs for now).

So, how can I contribute my (stil in the works) edits to the project (if you want them that is, since I am not a native speaker and only used to have a bit of a way with languages ^^)? You guys using dropbox, google docs, github or something else to collaborate?

Edit: D'oh did not check the github, hopefully not all of my edits are already obsolete ^^"

Edit²: File Progress:
Ready to crossreference/proofread: proto, perk, quests
To-Do: pro_item, pro_scen, scrname, COMBAT, EDITOR, PIPBPY, pro_crit, etc (basically all the files in GAME), and some loose files I pretty sure forgot ^^

Last edited:
Matt Drax thank you for the offer, we need translators for dialog, everything else is a week or two work, which we'll do at the end, we all burned out at this point because the amount of hours each one of us has to put into this, it takes me 4 to 5 hours to translate something you will encounter for 10 minutes in the game and forget it, so any person that knows Russian and can translate for our editor to fix later is a huge help.
And no we don't share any database, all files come through me, I found this to be most reliable way to keep organized.
As far as I understand from your comment, you used to study Russian right?

As far as I understand from your comment, you used to study Russian right?
Yea, but had only a few weeks crash course for my preparation as a multilanguage secretary study, which I aborted later however. So sadly not too deep in the language, but stil have interest and am willing to do something with it, which is why I grabbed the /GAME files first (Nearly through with the first pass. Always jumping between the game and editor if everything fits, man, why does fallout need a restart for edits ^^").
If you could point me what locations are the next on the agenda I can take a shot at the dialogues.

Edit: I know that feeling, it's important not to get too stuck at one point or problem.

Last edited:
Hi! It’s good to see someone is still trying to translate it. I wanted to do it myself a year ago but was too busy to do such a tremendous work. Now that I've got plenty of time I would like to help. Also I’m preparing to exams in English and I need writing practice. It always helps to have goal, in particular when you need to do a lot of rather tedious work, like reading up on something you are not really interested in. Just getting good marks isn’t so much of a motivation. So I think that it would be great to try and do some real work rather than just exercise. I checked FN and it happened to be still not translated into English (an outrage!).
My English isn’t very good but with everything I need being at hand I can make decent translation.

Anysense, I can give you a file so you can try out your translation, just give me a word and I will send it to you
Matt Drax, you too, if you want to take a shot at this, then let's try, the most important thing for me is that you can translate well enough so our editor don't have to decipher the dialog, he has too much work already, I want to give him better raw translation so he can focus more on integration of text for English audience rather than just fixing the typos, so just say a word and I will give you small file

People I just recounted the files so I can get the percentage of how much is done, and honestly I'm in shock!!!!
We actually got 60% translated, HOLY MOTHER, I didn't expect that, this means that we are actually getting very close to finishing it
Well of course there will be other stuff to edit here and there but, man, I'm so glad we passed 50%

Back