Fallout Officially is Bethesda/Dead

• Thread starter Thread starter TorontoReign
  • Start date Start date
They don't really care about paying lip service to fans of the originals, they never did. They are after the most profitable and trendy demographic at the moment. That's why Fallout 4 was a Borderlands Clone with building mechanics, and why Fallout 76 is a Destiny clone.

They don't really care about paying lip service to fans of the originals, they never did. They are after the most profitable and trendy demographic at the moment. That's why Fallout 4 was a Borderlands Clone with building mechanics, and why Fallout 76 is a Destiny clone.

Remember when Bethesda was trying to make Dwarf Fortress a decade before Dwarf Fortress came out?

Maybe the better choice, honestly, because the feeling is mutual. I don't want their lip service. I would like them to stay as far away from the original games and source material as possible. At this point, the only thing they could do to please me is drop the Fallout name from all future projects.

And I agree with Howard one hundred percent about not remaking the originals.

And I agree with Howard one hundred percent about not remaking the originals.
He said this? I finally agree with something this man said. Bethesda, do not touch the first two games, ever. Leave them alone.

Yeah, at this point i wish they would stop making Fallout games themselves. This way at least i wouldn't see the corpse of the franchise being paraded around for profit only.

Guys, you are terrible.

Borderlands is a Fallout 3 clone. You can't steal from yourself.

Borderlands is a Fallout 3 clone. You can't steal from yourself.
Uh, what? Completely different games. Being a fps doesn't make them the same and like Jabberwok said, Borderlands is a fps version of a Diablo game.

Not to mention Borderlands had far, far better shooting than Fallout 3 and much, much better loot. Fallout 3 shooting mechanics are crap compared to Borderlands 1 and Borderlands 1's shooting is just average.

A much more apt definition for Fallout 3 is a S.T.A.L.K.E.R clone, except much worse.

Last edited:
Really? Borderlands was the FPS version of Diablo. Don't really see the similarity to F3. Unless you mean shooter with some RPG mechanics? In which case they are both System Shock clones.

I mean the fact it's set on a post-apocalypse planet that is pretty much identical to Fallout in both humor as well as characters.

I mean the fact it's set on a post-apocalypse planet that is pretty much identical to Fallout in both humor as well as characters.

I see what you're saying, but Borderlands wasn't post-apocalyptic. Pandora was just crappy because various groups were dumping their junk there and the environment was naturally harsh. The similarity between the fictions ends there. Borderlands takes place in a universe where humanity apparently spans countless planets, with all sorts of advanced, spacefaring technology. Fallout is near future, and even the futuristic parts are often based on retro/50s visions of advanced tech. The majority of it is semi-realistic.

I always thought Borderlands had a pretty unique style of humor, personally, and I don't see any similarity in the characters between the two games. Never reminded me of Fallout in that regard. The only real similarity I see between the two games is both are dark sci-fi settings. But that's an increasingly crowded genre.

Maybe similar to Fallout 2 in terms of humor and even then it's stretching it. Compared to Fallout 1 and New Vegas, the humour is completely different. Sure, Fallout 1 and New Vegas have some silly stuff but for the most part, they take themselves seriously. Meanwhile the Borderlands franchise is a barrage of jokes, references to pop culture and they hardly take anything they do seriously.

Only Handsome Jack seems to be the only with any seriousness but he also spews jokes a lot.

Maybe similar to Fallout 2 in terms of humor and even then it's stretching it. Compared to Fallout 1 and New Vegas, the humour is completely different. Sure, Fallout 1 and New Vegas have some silly stuff but for the most part, they take themselves seriously. Meanwhile the Borderlands franchise is a barrage of jokes, references to pop culture and they hardly take anything they do seriously.

Only Handsome Jack seems to be the only with any seriousness but he also spews jokes a lot.

The first game was serious at times, though it didn't have nearly as much voice acting as the second. They definitely cranked up the goofy for the DLCs and the sequel.

I dont know if we should really be grateful for only having Failout Sequels from now on.
After all, this means that crap like this will be common:

I dont even know what I hate more about it. The whole counter-mutation-thing, or the HORRID player character dialogue going along with it. Not even sure if I hate the totally over-the-top "sarcastic" (or rather stupid) emphasis of speech or whats actually being said.
And the thought that Bethesda managed create 2 games with mutants and yet comments like this one come up and go tops make me sad:

upload_2018-7-21_22-3-37.png

And the thought that Bethesda managed create 2 games with mutants and yet comments like this one come up and go tops make me sad:

View attachment 10592

Oh my god, this is amazing. And look at the likes it has!

I myself knew Super Mutants were sterile years before I played the originals. It's one of the first things I learned about Fallout's lore beyond what Fallout 3 presents. What the hell are these people doing?!

Back