Fallout Officially is Bethesda/Dead

• Thread starter Thread starter TorontoReign
  • Start date Start date
The absolute retardation present here makes me wonder if the commenter is a later-generation Super Mutant. If you know what I mean.

Sounds like some of the defenders of the Master.

"But people aren't REALLY DEAD if they become Super Mutants so he was good all along."

Wouldn't "curing" someone from being a SUpermutant or a GHoul just kill them? It would just get rid of what is allowing them to live with their transformed bodies. Unless you are a hack writer and just make the cure turn them into a human who doesn't need glasses despite the mutant form needing them.

Last edited:
Wouldn't "cure" someone from being a SUpermutant or a GHoul just kill them? It would just get rid of what is allowing them to live with their transformed bodies. Unless you are a hack writer and just make the cure turn them into a human who doesn't need glasses despite the mutant form needing them.

Given Dr. Henry's cure in FO2 tended to turn FEV-mutated critters into soup...
(except Frankie of course haha CONSISTENCY WHAT IS IT)

Frank Horrigan wasn't a regular Super Mutant. He was also a cyborg and experimented upon by the Enclave.

As sad as I am of never probably being able to play the orginal Fallout games without a pc, thank fuck that Bethestard won't be thinking of touching them cause god's know what they would do to them.

Oh well guess I have Fallout New Vegas as my closest genuine Fallout experience.

Sounds like some of the defenders of the Master.

"But people aren't REALLY DEAD if they become Super Mutants so he was good all along."

So I just played through Dead Money and In Fallout 4 I found Strong (Basically dumber Fawx from Fallout 3) and holy shit the way in which Obsidion did a multiple personality disordered Nightkin (Dog/God) speaks far more of great writing then just some dumb mutant who hates almost everything you do besides eat people.

I'm still pissed with how Bethestard has portrayed super mutants and the FEV virus since Fallout 3 and beyond since they couldn't come up with any other better idea or hell at least do decent job of it you hacks.

As sad as I am of never probably being able to play the orginal Fallout games without a pc, thank fuck that Bethestard won't be thinking of touching them cause god's know what they would do to them.

Oh well guess I have Fallout New Vegas as my closest genuine Fallout experience.

So I just played through Dead Money and In Fallout 4 I found Strong (Basically dumber Fawx from Fallout 3) and holy shit the way in which Obsidion did a multiple personality disordered Nightkin (Dog/God) speaks far more of great writing then just some dumb mutant who hates almost everything you do besides eat people.

I'm still pissed with how Bethestard has portrayed super mutants and the FEV virus since Fallout 3 and beyond since they couldn't come up with any other better idea or hell at least do decent job of it you hacks.

The FEV was so cool in Fallout 1. Especially since it was possible to play through the whole game and totally miss its backstory.

I admit, I like the fact they don't try to pretend the Super Mutants weren't genocidal mass murderers.

NCR hates the Enclave but the Super Mutants get a pass.

Really?

Because the NCR fought the Enclave? Of course they are going to hate them. Super Mutants get a pass because it's shown that they can redeem themselves, like in the case of Marcus.

Honestly aside from the Nightkin being kind of standoffish (can you blame them though?) in Jacobstown, it's a pretty nice place and they keep to themselves. When the NCR mercs roll through looking for trouble Marcus even asks you to resolve it as peacefully as possible IIRC. Marcus is fuckin' bro-tier, Lily Bowen is insane but honestly very sweet-natured for a Nightkin, Keene's a bit of a prick but he's not beyond reason. Utobitha is obviously a bit worse off, but if you resolve the quest Crazy, Crazy, Crazy peacefully the muties actually don't murder you (you will probably have to bump off the two Nightkin at the top of Black Mtn, or at least you'll WANT to for Annabelle). Super Mutants aren't entirely inhuman, and they deserve a second chance as much as anyone else does.

Honestly, the only place where it's REALLY difficult to justify NOT murdering the fuck out of Super Mutants is during the quest Come Fly With Me and I view this as a terrible oversight on behalf of the quest designer, frankly. The OPTION to do it peacefully IS there, but it's a gigantic pain in the ass unless you have a bunch of Stealthboys or a hell of a lot of Sneak invested.

Last edited:
Because the NCR fought the Enclave? Of course they are going to hate them. Super Mutants get a pass because it's shown that they can redeem themselves, like in the case of Marcus.
How did the Super Mutants even get a pass when, like Pariah Dog mentioned, the NCR still buggers them when they're peacefully staying off in their corner at Jacobstown?

???

The freepass is just to mutants republicans. it is the NCR, not the UN and they could not care less about independent communities. on the contrary, they want these communities to fuck themselves if they do not want to be attached.

Yes, F2 is superior to 1 in every way.

I just don't "forgive" the Super Mutants. I find the Enclave much more sympathetic and interesting.

latest

245754-fev.png

Back