Flower Child
Animal Friend

and some other perks have effects only in reactions with NPCs
(more info in modreact.h and command.h)

Empathy (green/red options)

Cult Of Personality
Kama Sutra Master
Presence

1.14 is up. You can modify perks in game via scripts, or you can use an ini file. (Or you can use both...) If you use an ini file, it needs to have an entry like the one below for each perk you want to change.

Names are limited to 64 characters, and descriptions to 1023.

Code:
[31]
Name=Example
Desc=This is an example perk
Image=72
Ranks=1
Level=100
Type=0
Stat=-1
StatMag=0
Skill1=-1
Skill1Mag=0
Skill2=-1
Skill2Mag=0
STR=0
PER=0
END=0
CHR=0
INT=0
AGL=0
LCK=0

Mario_Dweller said:
And that my last post about drug influence and perks... There would be lots of checking by script, but it isn't impossible...
If I removed perk effects, things like gifted, the 'gain xxx' perks and other permanent stat increases wouldn't work either. That would be a worse bug than being able to get extra perks via drugs, imo.

Very cool. 8-)

--

You're right. There would must be some extra function which checks if player has these perks and then returns valid value. But it looks complicated...

But an idea.
Can I use in script set_critter_base_stat and set_critter_extra stat to set valid base_stats if player gets some of these perks ?

Maybe you could check obj_dudes stats at gamestart and after he gets the perk (or while or what so ever..) as example:

- dude_obj starts with 5 STR.
- after a while, dude_obj gets the perk, STR + 1
- now, dude_obj has 6 STR.

I think, you just need to check the value sometimes (if actual_STR > start_STR then..) and then set a global var or so.

I think something like that is possible.

I would be verry happy if you release source codes of the new version too :oops:

Are you able to give an explanation of each setting?

In regards to the unused perks, what perk numbers are they?

What is the maximum number of ranks, could I for example increase the number of ranks in one of the original perks?

Well, I'm not sure about Perk number, but it could be (PERK.MSG - 100)
Image.... It should be (number_of_line - 1) in art/skilldex.lst
Type.... from Fallout Modification FAQ:
is 0 unless there are two skill entries (In these cases, it is a requirement I think) , in which case it looks like the entry is 2 if they are requirements and 1 if they are bonus (points the character gains).

Stat.... Stat Modified (entry in STAT.msg - 100), -1 to disable
Skill1.... (SKILL.MSG - 100) , -1 to disable
STR, PER.... requirements

Wild_qwerty said:
Are you able to give an explanation of each setting?

In regards to the unused perks, what perk numbers are they?

What is the maximum number of ranks, could I for example increase the number of ranks in one of the original perks?
For a description of each field, read this thread

If you have mapper installed, the perk numbers are listed in define.h. The unused ones are 27, 36, 40, 42 and 44.

Just out of interest if I want to make a certian perk only available by completing a quest rather than conventional leveling up then I'm guessing that I just set the level required to 100 or something like that?

You mean something like the gecko skinning perk? If yes, this can be done without editing one of the orig. perks. Lich made a tutorial for this times ago.

Wild_qwerty said:
Just out of interest if I want to make a certian perk only available by completing a quest rather than conventional leveling up then I'm guessing that I just set the level required to 100 or something like that?

You can set perk level like those unused perks ($136 - level 310) or u can try to set it as item perk. Item perks have ranks set to FFFFFFFF. It's "-1" in sfall I think...

-

Is it possible to find where additional perk code is stored ?
And modifying perk rate like skilled trait does it would be cool, too :?

I know, I want too much :( :twisted:

okay I've started to to make up a default perks.ini file. Dont worry about whats in front of the semi colon, thats just coped from the perks.msg file. Anyway I was reading in the other thread that the perks ID number is its position in the msg file minus 29 which is one less than the image number. Now the image number counting in order in the skilldex.lst file is one higher than the perk number, but if I start counting at 0 rather than one its spot one the same.

So my questions are:

1) is the ID number the original - 29 the correct one?
2) for the image reference do I start counting from 0 or 1?
3) I dont really understand what the 'type' field is all about, can someone explain this further.

perks.ini said:

;{128}{}{Mental Block}
[99]
Name=Mental Block
Desc=unused orignal fallout 2 perk
Image=100
Ranks=1
Level=100
Type=0
Stat=-1
StatMag=0
Skill1=-1
Skill1Mag=0
Skill2=-1
Skill2Mag=0
STR=0
PER=0
END=0
CHR=0
INT=0
AGL=0
LCK=0

;{137}{}{ERROR -- UNIMPED} # was -- Friendly Foe
[108]
Name=Friendly Foe
Image=109
Ranks=1
Level=100
Type=0
Stat=-1
StatMag=0
Skill1=-1
Skill1Mag=0
Skill2=-1
Skill2Mag=0
STR=0
PER=0
END=0
CHR=0
INT=0
AGL=0
LCK=0

;{141}{}{Scrounger}
[112]
Name=Scrounger
Image=113
Ranks=1
Level=100
Type=0
Stat=-1
StatMag=0
Skill1=-1
Skill1Mag=0
Skill2=-1
Skill2Mag=0
STR=0
PER=0
END=0
CHR=0
INT=0
AGL=0
LCK=0

;{143}{}{Flower Child}
[114]
Name=Flower Child
Image=115
Ranks=1
Level=100
Type=0
Stat=-1
StatMag=0
Skill1=-1
Skill1Mag=0
Skill2=-1
Skill2Mag=0
STR=0
PER=0
END=0
CHR=0
INT=0
AGL=0
LCK=0

;{145}{}{Animal Friend}
[116]
Name=Animal Friend
Image=117
Ranks=1
Level=100
Type=0
Stat=-1
StatMag=0
Skill1=-1
Skill1Mag=0
Skill2=-1
Skill2Mag=0
STR=0
PER=0
END=0
CHR=0
INT=0
AGL=0
LCK=0

1) as Timeslip already told, ID number is numer of perk from define.h (mostly it's (FRM - 29) too, bot not always)
2) start counting from 0, if your editor counts from 1, it's just (line - 1) :lol:
3) there are 2 skill entries : skill1 and skill2, they could be requirements or bonuses and type determines what actually they are

i have noticed if both skills are requirements, type = 2
if only one skill is used and it's requirement, type = 0
i'm not sure of other values, you must try it...

Is there any way to make global script loaded on game start ? It runs succesfuly if i load game but... And loading global script from DAT would be cool :P

How i use this program?

I want the player starting with Black Jacket, then i edited ddraw:

;MaleStartModel=hmmaxx
;MaleDefaultModel=hmmaxx
;FemaleStartModel=hfprim
;FemaleDefaultModel=hfjmps

but when i start the game nothing happen =/

Mario_Dweller said:
';' means comment, remove those ';' from lines u use

Now works! thanks! :)

Edit:

Hey Timeslip, can u add an option to enable Pipboy in the start of the game? This would be much cool! 8-)

1.15 is up. The only changes are:

Mario_Dweller said:
Is there any way to make global script loaded on game start ? It runs succesfuly if i load game but... And loading global script from DAT would be cool :P
Thought I'd already fixed that one. :oops:

It's definitely fixed now, anyway. There's no chance of loading anything from DAT any time soon though.

Zaius238 said:
Hey Timeslip, can u add an option to enable Pipboy in the start of the game? This would be much cool!
Sure. I added a set_pipboy_available function too, if anyone feels like making a mod in which your pipboy gets stolen or breaks or something.

Back