How'd you get your username?

Lol, It started when me and my friend were making E-mails for online video games... We both based ours off of things that were in our View range. He saw a gun, so his was gun related. I looked over and saw 2 NES cartridges, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Spy Vs Spy. I just put the two together and its been that since. It is alot better than my old one tho... Invader JiM was terrible

My username is pretty self-explanatory. FO is obviously Fallout and "Vet" is actually a twofold reference. First, I've played and beaten both FO1 and FO2 several times, therefor I consider myself a veteran of the series. Second, I have been a fan since the original Fallout game's release just about (I was *slightly* late in discovering the game, but not by much--Fallout 2 wasn't quite out yet!). So, I'm one of those old school fallout fans--also making me, in my eyes, a veteran of the series (and it also kinda shows my age, LOL).

I did briefly consider using the username SergeantDornan, but I decided against it, deeming FOvet to be a superior username :)

Last edited:
I recall that it have more than 15 years. I wrote it before using internet as a pun.
Sano - Sanosuke Sagara (Rurouni Kenshin)
naos - hidden pun for naze (shitty)

The Shitty Sanosuke. (that got his ass kicked by Saito on the first volume i read)

BN told me my username was the worst, so I offered my current User name, and that's what he changed it to. :cool:

*Obviously "Gizmo" was taken early at NMA, but Gizmo hasn't logged in for years [afaik]; My original user name was 'Gizmo.'

Gizmojunk is the name of some accounts where I store Fallout related media and fan-art.

Last edited:
It's an abbreviation of 4 early usernames I used on and off. Sat in class, new idea, "zghe" "ehgz" etc, "zegh" had a nice space-evil-alien ring to it, sortof cheesy ":V"
8578 are just numericals for "zegh" according to whatever, extremely pretentious, I know, but I got used to it, and I still like the space-evil-alien-cheese ring to it :V

It's an abbreviation of 4 early usernames I used on and off. Sat in class, new idea, "zghe" "ehgz" etc, "zegh" had a nice space-evil-alien ring to it, sortof cheesy ":V"
8578 are just numericals for "zegh" according to whatever, extremely pretentious, I know, but I got used to it, and I still like the space-evil-alien-cheese ring to it :V
To be honest, makes me think of pirates, not space aliens.

No, really. Pirates! =D When I read your name, I always pronounce it in my head like "Zeff", so that's why. =)

To be honest, makes me think of pirates, not space aliens.

No, really. Pirates! =D When I read your name, I always pronounce it in my head like "Zeff", so that's why. =)

Same shit really :D You could think of corrupt perverted cops as well, "Zed" from Pulp Fiction. I think it's the Z :D

My name was bestowed upon me by the celestial gods when they realised that I hate Hakunin's useless face.

Either that or it was the only thing I could think of.

BN changed it from Gizmo. [...to my current, at my suggestion.]

—note the '.'; said it was "the worst username he'd ever saw".

See... Gizmo was of course already taken years before I arrived, but had been dormant for years, so I took Gizmo. /with a dot.

I actually got my username when I killed another man with the same name.

Back