I don't think Legendary weapons should be in the game.

Do you think legendary's should be in the game?

• Total voters

NotAcasul

meanie
In Fallout 4, shitty legendary's plague the game.

"Oh boy a troubleshooters metal arm!" - No one ever

The only thing legendary's do is encourage the player to grind and kill the exact same enemy over and over.

There should be instead unique weapons with legendary effects placed in the according dungeon.

Just my opinion, please don't stab me.

I voted yes and no. I like unique weapons that are modified to have higher rates of fire or damage, like the Medicine Stick or the Survivalist's rifle, but magic freezing flamers of ultimate energy are fucking stupid on every level.

Some legendary weapons are interesting and I'm fine with them. Others, like the freezing flamer or the gamma gun that does extra damage to ghouls are pretty stupid.

puts a lore on it simple, why there is unique weapon in first place.

If it's a weapon told about from you know..legends then it's okay depending on the circumstances. When every other weapon is a damn legendary it's stupid and annoying. Do these people know what the word even means? Not even fucking close, it becomes even more gamey and Borderlandsy which isn't a good thing.

It's funny when even the so called legendaries are even worse the the non-legendary weapons you can craft better parts for.
Oh no that's not even the worst part, it's the magical enchanted fairy weapons that have things like radiation damage, freezing damage, etc. Why can a flamer ALSO freeze? Bethesda just insists on slapping you with stupid.

Oh yeah let's not forget how many times I've looted a legendary weapon...from a goddamn mole rat...A MOLE RAT!!!

Here's what I think might of happened:

Employee 1: "So what ridiculous feature can we add to weapons?"
Employee 2: "Uhh how about make legendary weapons a feature?"
Employee 1: "Oh you mean like Borderlands?"
Employee 2: "You just read my mind, lets make it in the most gamey way possible!"
Employee 1: "Haha and let's put enchantments in there to make weapons like the "Freezing Flamer" just incase there's still some believability left."

Last edited:
Unique weapons are fine and a weapon of legend could also be fine.
But the way they handled "legendary" weapons is not fine.

FNV and even FO3 got this stuff right.
Even Fallout 2 had a few unique weapons.

Here's what I think might of happened:

Employee 1: "So what ridiculous feature can we add to weapons?"
Employee 2: "Uhh how about make legendary weapons a feature?"
Employee 1: "Oh you mean like Borderlands?"
Employee 2: "You just read my mind, lets make it in the most gamey way possible!"
Employee 1: "Haha and let's put enchantments in there to make weapons like the "Freezing Flamer" just incase there's still some believability left."
:roffle:
If I remember correctly in FO4edit they're actually referenced as enchantments, probably leftover from Skyrim but still a bit of irony there.

I think unique weapons being extra good are fine, and even a good thing to include in your game. My bigger problem with the Fallout 4 weapons is that a lot of the legendary weapon effects make no sense. Like "does more damage at night" or "freezes your target" or "does more damage to wounded/healthy opponent" are things that might belong in a fantasy game but not Fallout. Hell, things like "adds stagger chance" or "does bonus fire damage" should probably be a property of ammo, not of the gun.

So a unique weapon with bonus damage, fire rate, magazine size, critical modifier, etc. are fine as those can be abstractions of "it's a really well-made weapon" and its uniqueness underscores the difficulty of making one.

But a baseball bat that freezes people is the kind of nonsense that will actively take some people out of your game, so that sort of stuff should be avoided.

only a few of the effects are interesting or fun, and the fact that any legendary enemy can just drop a randomized legendary weapon takes away from the uniqueness of the actual uniques.

Oddly, Bethesda did exactly what I thought they should have done instead in Fallout 4 itself; have the unique weapon effects be part of an actual mod that doesn't occupy the legendary slot, making it visually interesting and giving at least a cursory in-game explanation as to why these effects exist.

Krem's Tooth or whatever it's called and Lorenzo's Gamma Gun both make use of this, yet other unique weapons such as (ugh) "Final Judgement" do not. A wasted opportunity, really.

Yeah, legendary items are pretty dumb. Maybe some kind of legendary weapon mod (and by legendary I mean just one) would work.

:roffle:
If I remember correctly in FO4edit they're actually referenced as enchantments, probably leftover from Skyrim but still a bit of irony there.

Seriously? Wow, what an amazing excess of lazyness.

The whole thing of Legendary Weapons in a Fallout game is kind of stupid and pointless.
Unique weapons I get, or special mods on weapon. But Legendary just turns the game into a typical shooter. I would admit, Fallout 4 is better than half the games out there, but considering that this is a Fallout game, it just has so many mechanics that don't work.
Legendary clothing for example is just absurd. Plus there's the whole thing with Legendary Enemies, something which Fallout shouldn't have.
Does anyone remember when a harder enemy meant something?
Now every other raider is a bullet sponging mini boss ><

Back