I don't think Legendary weapons should be in the game.

Do you think legendary's should be in the game?

• Total voters
I have to wonder, did these magical fairy weapons exist before the nuclear party war or after? If before then how did that work? If after then the radiation must of mutated those and the clothing. It's fucking ridiculous how "Oh look a scientist's lab coat let me just try it on! Oh I feel +1 Intelligence smarter temporarily!".
Well, robots can mutate so why not weapons and clothing?

I'm kinda torn on the +1 Perception on hats from FONV. In a desert having a hat on does actually make it easier to see farther, but if there was a "spotting/awareness" skill it could go either way.
The only way for it to make sense is if your PER decreases by 1 when facing the direction of the sun and hats/shades negate that debuff.

They really could've given Legendary enemies better abilities than an instant-regen. Raiders should go berserk on Psycho and Jet, Gunners could use Med-X to reduce damage or use stealth boys, robots could go into an overclocked state, and Super Mutants could hulk out to deal massive melee damage.

Some enchantments are Ok, for example if a weapon that isn't usually automatic is automatic that could kinda be that the weapon was sort of tweaked a bit, or just minor bonuses, or even ones based off of targets HP(Could be part of the design)

The Flaming, Freezing or Explosive ones are just plain f*cking stupid. Horray, exploding bullets!, even the ones that target specific creatures, or do more damage at night are a little stupid.

What's really shitty is the Shem Drowne Sword. A sword from the Revolutionary War that deals Radiation damage. WTF is up there?

After playing Automatron on Survival, Legendary weapons have royally fucked up the weapon balance of the DLC. Trying to get through the hordes of shitbots without an explosive weapon may as well be impossible. And the new DLC weapons aren't even that useful compared to the regulat ones you can find in the base game, let alone the Legendaries. It's almost like tossing in half-assed mechanics from another series without any forethought just because they're popular was a bad idea.

Random drops could be fun if it's done right. I don't mind if I find a sturdy hammer or a broken handgun. In Dead Money, there's cosmic knife and cosmic knife clean. It's okay if it makes sense in its variations. Legendary weapons are magic weapons. There's no explanation how it works. No matter how irradiated they are, items will never be mutated like creatures. However, it's possible in STALKER universe, but it's impossible in fallout universe.

I like them. But the fact a bunch of them don't make sense and are basically enchanted weapons you can't enchant is stupid.

I got a 10mm pistol with a explosive enchantment. I also actually got the Freezing enchantment of my Flamer.

I'm also trying to grind Deathclaws for my Burning Cryolater.

Wait a min, there are weapons in the game that heal your enemy?
I think the radiation dish gun (whatever it's called) will heal ghouls.

Some people even get a ghoulslayer enchantment on that weapon, so it heals them twice as much.

Edit: It's called a gamma gun

Well, that makes kinda sense. But I never understood this huge focus on radiation and ghouls anyway. I mean they do have no issue with radiation. But in previous Fallouts I never had the feeling like radiation = ghouls. Now it seems all you have to do is to stand next to an X-ray apparatus and become a ghoul after a few hours ...

In general, no. Most of the effects are magic and nonsensical. A few of them can be considered different ammo types like Explosive and Incendiary, but most are just plain abortional and don't belong.

Once both Borderlands 3 and The Elder Scrolls VI have been released, the majority of Fallout 4's fanbase will scurry away, and the game will be left barren once more. The crowd that likes the loot-shooting, wacky characters, colourful designs and (bad) humour will flow away with Borderlands 3, and the crowd that likes being able to mod the game and having a nice open world to just mess around in with a few different factions will leave with the next Elder Scrolls.

After that, I believe they'll change the focus off the loot-shooting (with it, legendary weapons) to whatever becomes popular at the time. Who knows what that will be? It would be pretty hilarious if Cyberpunk 2077 sets off good RPGs being the norm just as Fallout 5 comes out.

Y'know, if you don't like legendaries you can just get a mod to remove them. Not even being a dick here, I'm just saying so because it's exactly what I did after I killed a legendary radroach only to find that it was hiding a never ending fatman up it's ass, for the 19th time. I mean, how in the hell am I expected to accept and make sense of the fact that this somehow mutated robot I blew up has dropped a flaming sword that turns people into ice cubes?
I am so surprised and delighted to have found a thread where people are actually intelligently discussing this instead of spouting things like "if you don't like it then don't pick them up and stop whining" that I created an account just to say this lol.

"Just ignore the mechanic!"

Except that mechanic affects almost every aspect of the game itself, Legendaries are the reason everything is an enemy infested ruin, they are the reason why there aren't any unique weapons, everything in this game is a randomly generated piece of junk, even the quests. We can't just "mod that", and it's something that will affect any and all future Fallout games. Not even FO3 went that far with it's absolute disregard for the Fallout series' core principles.

Back