Obsidian Announcement on 6th of December

These types of trailers don't really do much for me anymore. I'll just wait for gameplay presentations before i make a judgment.

What makes you think he's talking about aesthetics? Mass Effect: Andromeda, which is a recent game, had colonists, cyronics, evil corps (maybe not, except Cerberus), uncharted space and stupid spaceships. Even Fallout 4 had some of that.
Lol there is nothing similar to Downs Syndromeda here.

combat looks like a huuuge improvement from new vegas but sadly rpg mechanics really don't translate well into the first-person perspective. i mean for example how he shot that sniper right in the head with a revolver (9:40) and the guy just shrugged it off. i don't know if that's just me but it really bothers me in first-person rpgs. also, it looks like people in this game run with that weird, unnatural manner just like in 3d fallout games which makes it really hard to aim. still, i wasn't all that interested after the teaser but after watching the gameplay, the game looks fun

No romance/sex. Yep, that's what I thought as well. Another -1 pts for the game.

It definitely plays like FO4. Even the crosshair is identical.

Does this game even have a CC screen?

And they dare to show the game play on XBox? Already started shilling for MS? Fuck'em.

Immortal companions... -1 pts.

Floating damage numbers... -1 pts.

Last edited:
The gameplay video made me a little more hopefull than the trailer. Seeing that dialoage system feels so great.

Every one knows that Mass Effect Andromeda invented Space Colonies and the concept of cryonic sleep for intergalactic travel, nobody can use those because Andromeda invented them. /s

RPG-like dialogue system being the only redeeming feature is a reason to despair.

I did get a little bit of a DA:O vibe from the gameplay footage. Possibly due to combat music and two companions.

At this point I won't be surprised if there's no character customization in the game.

Key Features

• The player-driven story RPG: In keeping with the Obsidian tradition, how you approach The Outer Worlds is up to you. Your choices affect not only the way the story develops; but your character build, companion stories, and end game scenarios.
  • You can be flawed, in a good way: New to The Outer Worlds is the idea of flaws. A compelling hero is made by the flaws they carry with them. While playing The Outer Worlds, the game tracks your experience to find what you aren't particularly good at. Keep getting attacked by Raptidons? Taking the Raptiphobia flaw gives you a debuff when confronting the vicious creatures, but rewards you with an additional character perk immediately. This optional approach to the game helps you build the character you want while exploring Halcyon.
  • Lead your companions: During your journey through the furthest colony, you will meet a host of characters who will want to join your crew. Armed with unique abilities, these companions all have their own missions, motivations, and ideals. It's up to you to help them achieve their goals, or turn them to your own ends.
  • Explore the corporate colony: Halcyon is a colony at the edge of the galaxy owned and operated by a corporate board. They control everything... except for the alien monsters left behind when the terraforming of the colony’s two planets didn’t exactly go according to plan. Find your ship, build your crew, and explore the settlements, space stations, and other intriguing locations throughout Halcyon.

Dynamic traits system? I like the sound of that, not just a checkbox to tick on creation but playing the game can give you new ones depending how bad or good you are.

And from the Video I see the return of the "Stupid" dialogue options. Also, I have seen the dialogue choice go up to 5 at a time. Feels good.

Fallout 4 fanboys didn't get my "negativity" at its launch either and even personally attacked me for it. Didn't matter in the end. Anyone can have an opinion, but some have better judgement than others.

Well, then I'll just hope your judgement is flawed this time around. ;)
Is @Norzan stated, I'll wait for actual gameplay.

Haven't played a single game where romance was handled like it should be. Most of the time it's "Hey, i just met you two days ago, let's fuck.".

Back