Obsidian Announcement on 6th of December

All I wanna see is the character creation screen now, that's the only thing that might keep me interested.

From the trailer we see better art direction and human models than FO4, from the website we even see that it has skill checks and in depth dialogue, there are some screens that even imply Space travel. I wasn't expecting a full conference detailing the game, it's obvious we would get just a teaser and it confirms both Tim Cainn involved and them intending to follow onto what New Vegas did. I am not gonna tell you to be excited but you are jumping to conclusions despite of what is being shown.

From the trailer we see better art direction and human models than FO4, from the website we even see that it has skill checks and in depth dialogue, there are some screens that even imply Space travel. I wasn't expecting a full conference detailing the game, it's obvious we would get just a teaser and it confirms both Tim Cainn involved and them intending to follow onto what New Vegas did. I am not gonna tell you to be excited but you are jumping to conclusions despite of what is being shown.

Sure.

I just did not get used to the artistic style yet. But I'm not saying I did not like it, the humor even sounds funny.

If it's a "1st person view only" game then I'm not interested. Probably not gonna buy it either until it comes to GOG.

Also the guys at Obsidian must be patting themselves in the back at the luckyly well timed "FROM THE ORIGINAL CREATORS OF FALLOUT and THE DEVELOPERS OF NEW VEGAS" tagline. Todd must be biting the sleeve of his child sized leather jacket in fury.

If you look, you can see NV in what little they've shown. The mantis-like enemy's attack is very reminiscent to the mantis enemy in NV, along with skill checks, dialogue choices, alluding to major choices, a retro aesthetic, and possibly different factions or groups to work for. The humor, retro space aesthetic and use of primary colors reminds me a bit of Futurama, if anything. Already it looks a hundred times more interesting than any of Bethesda's sad attempts at Fallout. I'm going to wait for a proper reveal of the game and some reviews, but I'm cool with what I've seen so far.

I think it looks great and I think it will keep Bethesda on their toes when they finally get around to showing us Starfield.

Does starfield have any chances against the outer worlds?

Have to see if it even matters at all which is better. Or if both are shit.

The trailer to TOW wasn't very good. Just a run-off-the-mill FPS game with unfunny jokes. The only reason I'm even mildly interested at this is because of the people behind it and that it was only just revealed and we don't know much.

If I didn't know it's Tim/Leo/Obsidian, I would've brushed this off as just another thing not to play.

If you look, you can see NV in what little they've shown. The mantis-like enemy's attack is very reminiscent to the mantis enemy in NV, along with skill checks, dialogue choices, alluding to major choices, a retro aesthetic, and possibly different factions or groups to work for. The humor, retro space aesthetic and use of primary colors reminds me a bit of Futurama, if anything. Already it looks a hundred times more interesting than any of Bethesda's sad attempts at Fallout. I'm going to wait for a proper reveal of the game and some reviews, but I'm cool with what I've seen so far.

Hope so :)

It does remember Futurama.

you awake from hibernation on a colonist ship

601.gif

This thing obviously has nothing to do with Asimov's Foundation series or anything similar. Just a few shared names.

I truly hope the CC is better than this...

637.jpg

Last edited:
"The Outer Worlds is a new single-player first-person sci-fi RPG from Obsidian Entertainment and Private Division."

I wanted it to be good, but this definitely isn't for me, just like CP. I'm done with it.

Hmmm....I am unsure what to think. This could either be a lot of campy, Borderlands with more RP, style fun *or* it could be lacking. I'm game for a shot but I'm going to wait to see some gameplay first. It *could* actually be intense and they were just showcasing some of the good ol' humor. I'm at least intrigued.

From the site, I'm not sure what it pulls more from. I see elements of Borderlands, Bioshock, Fallout, or maybe even Deadspace. Honestly, it could be excellent if the RP is right enough.

Last edited:
IMHO the old guy at the start of the trailer really looked like Rick.

Edit: I was wrong, he's a mixup between Rick and the 12th doctor

Last edited:
Classic Fallout: P&P inspired, turn based combat, Post Apocalyptic Retro Futuristic Western
Outer Worlds: FPS, real time combat, Retro Futuristic Sci-Fi Western

A pity it's FPS. But to be honest, I have been waiting for a company to make a quality FPS, RPG to show Bethesda's how's done. While showing players what a real RPG is.

I hope Outer Worlds will finally be an IP that will compete with Bethesda's games. Because Bethesda has been alone in the "open world "RPG" development" for decades now. Without competition, companies will just shit on consumers and make low quality products.

Because Bethesda has been alone in the "open world "RPG" development" for decades now. Without competition, companies will just shit on consumers and make low quality products.

Well, not really. Bethesda's name is certainly the biggest for now, but games like The Witcher 3 have proven they don't hold the monopoly anymore and could be dethroned anytime soon.

Back