Obsidian Announcement on 6th of December

The Foundation is hard sci-fi, not really retro.
While those illustrations are definitely retro style. I think it would be very hard to make a Foundation universe game and use those retro style illustrations.

It could be the era some time after Three Week's War when the Earth's culture regressed.
On Earth, the closing of the galactic frontier has led to a cultural turning inward. With the present bleak, and the future bleaker, the people of Earth retreat into their storied past. A nostalgic veneration of the past, called medievalism, becomes an important component of Earth's culture. Historical recreations, which died out during the Imperial era, experience a revival of interest. Ancient cultural artifacts such as the Iliad, the Bible, the Qoran and the Arthurian cycle become popular. However, the veneration of the past halts abruptly at the birth of the Space Age. If the Spacers deliberately forget about Earth, the people of Earth deliberately ignore outer space.
I think Caves of Steel era is more likely because there's that Spacer gun advertisement as well. Or some time between these two.

That would clash with itself though.
If they were using the art-style to be as if a medievalist would have made it, or appeal to a medievalist in the universe... Then why would it be mentioning "It's the Spacer's Choice". Medievalists wanted nothing to do with Spacers, robots and all of that "futuristic" stuff.

Also the pistol design is really not the type I first think of, when I think The Foundation.

If they were using the art-style to be as if a medievalist would have made it, or appeal to a medievalist in the universe... Then why would it be mentioning "It's the Spacer's Choice". Medievalists wanted nothing to do with Spacers, robots and all of that "futuristic" stuff.
I don't know, maybe that's a "twist" they've put in to the actual books. I have a feeling that they are making something similar to Arcanum.

This could just be a game that was influenced by foundation but not based on it. Just like how fallout how took stuff right from movies. Like the suit from mad max and the robot from lost in space. Dogmeat from a boy and his dog.

if that game really does have a 50's aesthetic, it's going to be amusing to see the "real fallout's fans" say that Obsidian copied Bethesda.

With the even *newer* Bethesa fuck-up, I'm seriously thinking that tomorrow's showing could not be any better timed if it were actually planned.

Even I'm curious about the showing. And I am never curious about new game news/releases/whatever anymore. :lmao:

Even I'm curious about the showing. And I am never curious about new game news/releases/whatever anymore. :lmao:
Mind you, the announcement will be buried by the usual VGA stuff. So you'll have to endure that

I'll be keeping an eye out for the announcement too.

Along with any DMC 5 trailers and the live performance of Devil Trigger.

jjsjjsw.png

Bethesda? Hope not, unless is for say that in the future Obs will make a new Fallout on the West Coast.

I will not be watching it because that is exactly the time I have an appointment. Not that I would be watching it anyway. I just wait for someone else to trim the fat and show me what this Obsidian game is about :lmao:.

I'm really excited too. I really hope this is the successor to new vegas and that this will an action RPG like NV. I also hope we actually see some gameplay and not a CGI cinematic trailer.

I'm really hoping for a spiritual successor to NV, though this time with a proper dev time and decent funding.

Back