People dislike Fallout 2?

Sure. Same thing for me. I replay the 2 well more than the 1.

In fact, I do not remember to finished F1 with a level above 14, 15. F2 I usually end up at level 28~30.

I like to imagine it as FO1 having a kind of L10 "ideal" that you are encouraged/expected to surpass, thus having you at 13-15 before the end "I totally surpassed 10!!!", and FO2 upped this to 20, with then the encouragement/further expectation of grinding to 25-30

I like to imagine it as FO1 having a kind of L10 "ideal" that you are encouraged/expected to surpass, thus having you at 13-15 before the end "I totally surpassed 10!!!", and FO2 upped this to 20, with then the encouragement/further expectation of grinding to 25-30

I think due to the enclave being so ridiculously powerful, even compared to mutants, the level requirement for a combat character is a heck of a lot higher, simply to obtain enough HP.

Why people dislike Fallout 2 (those who do, at least) can be summarized by this scene from Monty Python.

I think due to the enclave being so ridiculously powerful, even compared to mutants, the level requirement for a combat character is a heck of a lot higher, simply to obtain enough HP.

Advanced Power Armor MKII, tons of stims, character focus on AP and AP usage, Gauss and/or Pulse Rifle, wipe the floor with the Enclave!

Advanced Power Armor MKII, tons of stims, character focus on AP and AP usage, Gauss and/or Pulse Rifle, wipe the floor with the Enclave!

You can't get mk2 until the oil rig though...By that point mk1, or even T51b will work.

I used eyeshot crits.

You can't get mk2 until the oil rig though...By that point mk1, or even T51b will work.

I used eyeshot crits.

Oil rig is the only place with high concentration of Enclave. Anywhere else you'll only run into these random groups of four. Navarro can be tough if you bum-rush, but cakewalk if you approach tactically. The elevators are almost a cheat, since they allow you to retreat underground and pop up another place, health restored, and ready for more.
The turrets can be a bit of a pain, but the Gauss Rifle is excellent against those cus of its very long range and hefty punch

To be fair, Navarro is probably the last place I clear out, before heading off to the oil rig, I am very likely L20++ (although approaching 30 is far from necesary if you deal patiently with them)

Fallout 2 has unlikable characters, a two-dimensional villain, gameplay that feels like even more of a slog that Fallout 1, and a story that isn't so much a story as it is a plothole the exact size of Belgium. Fallout 2 is a disgrace to everything Fallout 1 was and, with the exception of a few QoL improvements, is worse in nearly every way.

Oh, and the final boss fight is unavoidable. You have to fight Horrigan. You can give yourself an edge in the fight, but you cannot outright avoid Horrigan.

Fallout 2 has unlikable characters, a two-dimensional villain, gameplay that feels like even more of a slog that Fallout 1, and a story that isn't so much a story as it is a plothole the exact size of Belgium. Fallout 2 is a disgrace to everything Fallout 1 was and, with the exception of a few QoL improvements, is worse in nearly every way.

Oh, and the final boss fight is unavoidable. You have to fight Horrigan. You can give yourself an edge in the fight, but you cannot outright avoid Horrigan.

Mind you, it blows Fallout 1 out of the water. The Enclave at the end of the day are not mutated monsters but people with real goals, drives, and ambitions.

1b0058d0799b14eba7d82346da68ab57

Mind you, it blows Fallout 1 out of the water. The Enclave at the end of the day are not mutated monsters but people with real goals, drives, and ambitions.
The Master felt like he actually gave a fuck about people. He had depth as a character and is a villain the franchise has had a hard time topping, with Caesar maybe beating him out. The Enclave? At the very least, their leadership and major characters are little more than moustache-twirling nuclear 'Murican Hitlers with about as much depth as the gameplay in Skyrim. At the end of the day, yeah, they both think they're the good guys and exhibit grey morality, but the Master does it so much better.

Furthermore, when you explain to the Master why his plan won't work, he actually gives up on the plan. You don't get that same opportunity with the Enclave. Yeah, there's an in-universe justification, but from a narrative perspective, it feels so damn forced.

Eh, the fact the Enclave for all the Nazi comparisons are very much modern American government figures makes it valid as satire in my opinion which the Master's army does not, IMHO.

Also, while you and your loved ones dying is a bad idea, the Enclave's plan would free the world from its hellish existence.

Eh, the fact the Enclave for all the Nazi comparisons are very much modern American government figures makes it valid as satire in my opinion which the Master's army does not, IMHO.

Also, while you and your loved ones dying is a bad idea, the Enclave's plan would free the world from its hellish existence.

I'm not judging the Enclave or the Unity as satire, I'm judging them as characters, and as characters, the Enclave is inferior to the Unity and especially the Master.

I disagree because I think the social satire and world building value of the Enclave is far more than the Master who is cartoonish but for the fact you can convince him to back down.

Without that, I think he'd just be another monster.

It might just be me being young and a dumbass, but I couldn't ever get into the original Fallout games other than 2 the one I got most mileage and fun out of was 2 and I've only heard people say good things about it. I've noticed a lot more people disliked the first game than the second.

I dislike Fallout 2 as much as I dislike Watch Dogs 2, as these two have some similar personal traits. A products of it's time in a worst meaning with memes and agendas of it's time, following modern (by it's time) game mechanic trends (grinding in a sandbox environment), changing the tone and atmosphere by 180 degrees, San Francisco also presents, in comparably cringy way.

I dislike Fallout 2 as much as I dislike Watch Dogs 2, as these two have some similar personal traits. A products of it's time in a worst meaning with memes and agendas of it's time, following modern (by it's time) game mechanic trends (grinding in a sandbox environment), changing the tone and atmosphere by 180 degrees, San Francisco also presents, in comparably cringy way.

Who liked Watchdogs 1!?

Who liked Watchdogs 1!?
No one? No one talks about WD1 directly either here.

Or you're trying to say that WD1 was as meme-tier and bright game as WD2 is? It's retarded to say that to defend and put Fallout 2 out of this equation, furryguy.

No one? No one talks about WD1 directly either here.

Or you're trying to say that WD1 was as meme-tier and bright game as WD2 is? It's retarded to say that to defend and put Fallout 2 out of this equation, furryguy.

I'm saying that its not like WD1 was better than WD2.

XD

At least Fallout 2 is a good game mechanically, at best its Fallout 1's peer, at worst its still a good game.

Back