People dislike Fallout 2?

And duh my ratings system is unique
I would say the word broken fits more or less.

Btw how did you feel about alien isolation? One of the best games in recent memory imo.

There's no objective quality for a game's goodness but it's enjoyability.
Well that's just not true. A bad thing is still a bad thing regardless of how much you love it. I love the howard the duck movie. And I most definitely would not call it good nor would I give it a 10/10. Fun/10 =/= 10/10.

Well, that' a thing, I believe if you love Howard the Duck, you should rate it highly rather than feel constrained by the bullshit of some metric of what makes a good movie.

Well, that' a thing, I believe if you love Howard the Duck, you should rate it highly rather than feel constrained by the bullshit of some metric of what makes a good movie.
Well that would be lying wouldn't it? The movie is awful. Plain and simple. The fact that I enjoy it on such a high level does not make it objectively good. And review scores are meant to more objective rather than subjective. You can highlight whether or not something is fun but the numerical score is supposed to be objective.

Well that would be lying wouldn't it? The movie is awful. Plain and simple. The fact that I enjoy it on such a high level does not make it objectively good. And review scores are meant to more objective rather than subjective. You can highlight whether or not something is fun but the numerical score is supposed to be objective.

That is literally everything wrong with reviews and what I hate in them. No offense to you. But it's why I find review scores fucking useless.

To each their own.

I don't want to know about graphics or gameplay as "good" but whether they made the experience enjoyable or not.

That is literally everything wrong with reviews and what I hate in them. No offense to you. But it's why I find review scores fucking useless.
I think the best reviews are a combination of both. I don't think reviews should be 100% subjective but I don't want them to be sterile and 100% objective either.

So what did you think of alien isolation?

I think the best reviews are a combination of both. I don't think reviews should be 100% subjective but I don't want them to be sterile and 100% objective either.
Exactly. Reviews should really find a sweet spot to balance subjectivity and objectivity. For example, you can state that you personally enjoy something and had fun with it, but also consider that compared to other stuff that's similar to it, it can be either better or worse because [insert reason here].

Exactly. Reviews should really find a sweet spot to balance subjectivity and objectivity. For example, you can state that you personally enjoy something and had fun with it, but also consider that compared to other stuff that's similar to it, it can be either better or worse because [insert reason here].
Nitpicking comedic reviews can be wildly entertaining. So that would be the third type of review.

The problem with fallout 2 is its too big, too campy, and too dumb. There is a lot of bad. There's is, however, a lot of good as well. Whether or not the good outweighs the bad is debatable. Whether or not its a good fallout game is debatable. I go back and forth a lot on that one. But at worst it's still a great game, imo.

True Story:

When I was a kid (around 12 years old), me and a cousin found some rusty old bicycle parts that were in an old warehourse in the property I used to live. My dad had cleaned the storehouse and threw those bicycle parts away.
I asked him if we (me and my cousin) could try and assemble a working bicycle out of them. He agreed and told us that we could use his old tools to assemble it and to ask him for parts if any were missing.
After we had placed some wheels, oiled the chain and mounted the seat, we were ready to try it out despite we had no brakes or tires (there were none in the parts we had available).
It run pretty good considering we couldn't really brake (so we could only ride slowly), we couldn't turn very well (if we tried, the metal wheel frames would skid on the pavement and we would end up falling on the ground) and once my cousin tried to do a wheelie and the front wheel detached from the bicycle and he crashed badly and hurt his arm. My dad came home from work later and gave us a lecture about safety and being responsible and not ride bicycles that do not have all the parts. He then decided that thing was too dangerous and took it to the scrapyard the same day.

I had many bicycles over the years and I don't remember any of them except for my first ever one and that old broken one. While it was a deathtrap it was really fun.
As bicycles go, I give it a 9/10 because it was a lot of fun :ok:.
I think that if people use numerical rating systems, there is nothing stopping them from rating the fun in a numerical form too. If the game is really bad but it is fun to play, the reviewer can just assign all the low ratings to their specific parts and then have a fun factor rating that is high.
Otherwise there is no point in having a review of the game except for "Is it fun? Yes/No", because that is all that the final score means.

Now back on topic:
Fallout 2 is my favorite game, but I definitely see how others might not like it, it has quite a few flaws, problems and stupid stuff. I don't mind the stupid stuff, I complain about the flaws and problems, but in global it also has a lot of great things that compensate for the bad for me.
It is just like Graves said up there. ;-)

That means The Room is a fucking masterpiece.

You should watch it if you haven't. You'd really enjoy it.

While it was a deathtrap it was really fun.
As bicycles go, I give it a 9/10 because it was a lot of fun :ok:
1126.gif

That means The Room is a fucking masterpiece.

You should watch it if you haven't. You'd really enjoy it.

If you think that, you should rate it what you feel.

I, again, highlight I am aware how other people did it and DELIBERATELY DID THE OPPOSITE.

It's why I don't go to IGN or other sites because I only trust indie reviews.

I kinda have to agree with CT a bit.

I play a few games I rate as 'trash', because they're fun.

But I rate games on their mechanics, story, etc.

Fallout 3 can be fun, Borderlands can be fun, Starcraft 2 can be fun.

But they're also trash.

If you think that, you should rate it what you feel.

I, again, highlight I am aware how other people did it and DELIBERATELY DID THE OPPOSITE.

It's why I don't go to IGN or other sites because I only trust indie reviews.

I don't think anyone with any sense would trust IGN or the other big sites.

The Room isn't a masterpiece, I was being sarcastic. It is still enjoyable though, so I fully understand your point. Repeat, I UNDERSTAND YOUR POINT.

I still wouldn't rate The Room as 8/10 though, no matter how much I enjoyed it.

I kinda have to agree with CT a bit.

I play a few games I rate as 'trash', because they're fun.

But I rate games on their mechanics, story, etc.

Fallout 3 can be fun, Borderlands can be fun, Starcraft 2 can be fun.

But they're also trash.

Fallout 4 can be fun.

Back