People dislike Fallout 2?

Did I have complaints? Yes.

However, it's still a game about being a cyber-vigilante in a pseudo-cyberpunk city set in the Present Day. I wanted Aiden Pearce back. I just wanted him back with an actual personality and more of a focus on the fact he's a selfish antihero.

My Watch_Dogs review

The Subversiveness of Aiden Pearce

My Watch Dogs 2 review

I'm one of those few reviewers who liked the original more despite liking both.

What about how the developer blatantly lied to everyone who bought the game, and ended up actually leaving the stuff which they showed IN THE FILES which RUNS BETTER THAN THE ACTUAL GAME!?

What about how the developer blatantly lied to everyone who bought the game, and ended up actually leaving the stuff which they showed IN THE FILES which RUNS BETTER THAN THE ACTUAL GAME!?

Yeah, that was bullshit. However, that's not going to be in the review because I judge the game I play rather than the game they promise.

There's a lot of bullshit in advertising.

It might have been a 10 out of 10 if it had a better character arc, ending, and graphics.

That's like your memetic characteristic, isn't it?

8 out of 10 is a game I really enjoyed.

10 out of 10 is a game I think is great.

But 10 out of 10 isn't anywhere near to something I think should be only given out once in a lifetime.

:)

Sadly, Watch Dogs 2 only got a 7 out of 10.

I really liked it but it got boring after awhile.

Last edited:

But 10 out of 10 isn't anywhere near to something I think should be only given out once in a lifetime.

:)

Sadly, Watch Dogs 2 only got a 7 out of 10.

I really liked it but it got boring after awhile.

*Pats and licks*

CT, you're adorable.

Yeah, that was bullshit. However, that's not going to be in the review because I judge the game I play rather than the game they promise.

I can sort of understand that, but if I had been one of those people who ordered say, Alien Colonial Marines or No Man's Sky, I would definitely mention what the game should have been in my review.

Your rating system is... unique.

*Pats and licks*

CT, you're adorable.

Phipps I hope you're up to date on your shots.

I should point out I *WAS* one of those unfortunates who ordered Colonial Marines and I actually wrote a review I ended up trashing because I couldn't finish how MUCH I hated that game. While the false depiction of it was bad in prior advertisements, it was an entire SPECTACULARLY shitty game all by itself.

1/10

I even have some taglines from the review, "The worst thing to happen to the Aliens franchise since everything after Aliens."

"Newt was lucky to have died before this."

"You would not think it was possible to fuck up a game based on the franchise which virtually every shooter in space in based on but they have succeeded beyond my wildest expectations."

"Gearbox created one of the greatest sandbox games of shooting aliens on a hellworld where evil corporations rule. Then they made this."

"The game Bill Paxton is too good and a serious of an actor to have been in." (RIP Bill)

And duh my ratings system is unique, it's mine. I became an independent reviewer because I hated the way other game magazines and sites reviewed their game. It was too focused on technical issues versus overall fun and enjoyment factor.

Last edited:
The numbers typo being corrected, what's the practical difference to take from "a game I really enjoyed" and "a game I think is great"?

The numbers typo being corrected, what's the practical difference to take from "a game I really enjoyed" and "a game I think is great"?

Generally, if it's immersion in the world to the point I genuinely care about it and want to know more as well as care about the "people" inside it which requires me to believe they're real--at least for the duration of the dragon.

Dragon Age: Origin, Mass Effect 1 & 2, Skyrim, the Witcher 2 and 3, and Fallout: New Vegas are among the few I give 10s.

@CT Phipps You are a writer, you should know even better that numerical/alphabetic ratings doesn't work and a lazy way to review something and what really matters is the review text itself. Why don't you just ditch this stupid rating system altogether?

@CT Phipps You are a writer, you should know even better that numerical/alphabetic ratings doesn't work and a lazy way to review something and what really matters is the review text itself. Why don't you just ditch this stupid rating system altogether?

Because I want people to have a sense of how much I liked it. But yes, again, I reject the more formal structure of reviewing by number.

It's just a straight review of 1-10 of how much I enjoy things.

Because I want people to have a sense of how much I liked it. But yes, again, I reject the more formal structure of reviewing by number.

It's just a straight review of 1-10 of how much I enjoy things.

So hypothetically if a game is really crap but you somehow really enjoy it, does that get an 8/10?

So hypothetically if a game is really crap but you somehow really enjoy it, does that get an 8/10?

A game can't be really crap by my standards since the purpose of a game is to be enjoyed. There's no objective quality for a game's goodness but it's enjoyability.

I actually got so sick of the constant deconstruction of games, I made a 400 or so reviews about "Is it FUN or not?"

Fallout 2 to me is just a huge meme. That being said, it's my second favorite Fallout.

Back