Redeeming qualities of the Enclave?

The Enclaves are the grasping remnants of the old pre-war American government.
Given that they're 50% responsible for the Great War, they're not really standing
well in anyone's eyes. I'm sure any wise wastelander would hold serious contempt
for the Enclave, for what they've done to the world, more particularly North America.

If the Enclave had tried to atone for the sins of the past, maybe they'd be redeemable. But they're repeating their same exact mistakes, and expecting a different result. No, they're not redeemable.
I fuck with the Enclave, though. Their armor is badass.

The Enclaves are the grasping remnants of the old pre-war American government.
Given that they're 50% responsible for the Great War, they're not really standing
well in anyone's eyes. I'm sure any wise wastelander would hold serious contempt
for the Enclave, for what they've done to the world, more particularly North America.

If the Enclave had tried to atone for the sins of the past, maybe they'd be redeemable. But they're repeating their same exact mistakes, and expecting a different result. No, they're not redeemable.
I fuck with the Enclave, though. Their armor is badass.

They don't need redemption, only victory. Victory over the horror which inhabits their lands. You can also side with the TRUE visionary of Fallout 3. Yes, you'll die but it's a worthy sacrifice to end the horror inhabiting the Capital Wasteland.

USE THE FEV! HELP JOHN HENRY EDEN!

To bring PEACE and JUSTICE to the universe as well as eliminate Autumn's traitors.

a-new-age-gf3bye.jpg

Yes, both want the same thing, but the one who pushes the button, will be the one who will have control over the water ...... no?

Not that it matters at all, because:

99720129.jpg

1 concrete
4 steels
1 gear

And Project Purity is now obsolete.
How to get clean water in Fallout 3: build a giant mass purifier that costs hundreds of thousands of caps to build and maintain, not to mention more money being poured into distributing it across the wasteland.
How to get clean water in Fallout NV: use a glass pitcher and surgical tubing with some dirty water. Or fill up dirty Nuka bottles/milk bottles with a talking sink.

They need water in the capital wasteland. Lots of it.

They already have water. Lots of it.
Nobody beside James and the two water beggars complain about it.
There is a huge overpopulation in the CW and nobody is starving or dying of thirst.
The purity project is supposed to cater for a need that isn't expressed in the actual gameworld, which render the whole conflict a moot point.

Compare with the jet in the second Fallout, in which you actually see the population suffering from it, and get to know why the supplier is so eager to spread it. So you have actual reasons to get invested in finding a cure, or helping the supplier to produce more of it.

Last edited:
Water aside, before the BoS and LW kill off the Enclave, the Enclave had the resources and manpower to try and create a secure state. They were able to operate all across the Wasteland.

Although there is an outpost of power armour Enclave troops that somehow were killed by freaking Raiders.

They already have water. Lots of it.
Nobody beside James and the two water beggars complain about it.

Which is a lie. You also have to repair the water purifier of the Megaton people. Also, you don't need to have people complaining about what is a self-evident problem IN A ADIOACTIVE DESERT.

There is a huge overpopulation in the CW and nobody is starving or dying of thirst.

The overpopulation of a few ramshackle communities?

The purity project is supposed to cater for a need that isn't expressed in the actual gameworld, which render the whole conflict a moot point.

RADIOACTIVE DESERT.

Compare with the jet in the second Fallout, in which you actually see the population suffering from it, and get to know why the supplier is so eager to spread it. So you have actual reasons to get invested in finding a cure, or helping the supplier to produce more of it.

You don't need to be told they need water when it's a radioactive ruin that's a desert. I mean, seriously, you need it spelled out for you that a barren empty wasteland with almost no plant life needs water?

This is not me mocking you but I'm genuinely confused at why you think that wouldn't be overexplaining.

Water aside, before the BoS and LW kill off the Enclave, the Enclave had the resources and manpower to try and create a secure state. They were able to operate all across the Wasteland.

Although there is an outpost of power armour Enclave troops that somehow were killed by freaking Raiders.

Raiders are superior beings to the average human due to their abandoning of weak Pre-War morality. They are wild and free, killing and maiming like the Great Old Ones.

How to get clean water in Fallout 3: build a giant mass purifier that costs hundreds of thousands of caps to build and maintain, not to mention more money being poured into distributing it across the wasteland.
How to get clean water in Fallout NV: use a glass pitcher and surgical tubing with some dirty water. Or fill up dirty Nuka bottles/milk bottles with a talking sink.

You realize this is a real issue in Africa which afflicts millions and that when they do build giant massive water purifiers that thousands benefit? You're coming off a bit like those guys who think BB-8 rolling ball design was stupid and impossible when a real-life version exists.

You realize this is a real issue in Africa which afflicts millions and that when they do build giant massive water purifiers that thousands benefit? You're coming off a bit like those guys who think BB-8 rolling ball design was stupid and impossible when a real-life version exists.
You realize that the water problem in Africa is because the water is not sanitized so it contains deadly viruses and bacteria and also because Africa is a huge landmass without plumbing in a large part of it. That is why there is a water problem, people have to walk for hours and hours to get some water and it might contain dangerous viruses and bacteria.
In Fallout 3 the water is irradiated (radiation kills viruses and bacteria) and all the plumbing seems to work perfectly, you can drink water from every sink, toilet, fire hydrant, water tower, river (etc) you find in the game. Also in a game where it's easy and cheap (it costs 20 caps, the same as a Nuka Cola, Vodka, two bottles of Scotch/whiskey/wine/dirty water, etc) to just buy radaway from a doctor (even Moira can sell them), All you have to do is drink the water you need and after a day or two pop a radaway and you're fine (you can drink 10 dirty water bottles which give +5 rads each and then use a radaway with medicine skill lower than 10 to get rid of those 50 rads, if you have 10 medicine you get rid of 60 rads all the way to 150 rads gone if you have 100 medicine). Not to mention that any doctor in the wastes can remove all the rads from your body with a handfull of caps or the use of the My First Infirmary.

So comparing the water problems from Africa to the water "problems" of Fallout 3 is like comparing the sun with a lighter. :shock:

Last edited:
As mentioned before, the Enclave was a cool ultimate evil organization in Fallout 2 because their existence was rather unexpected just as the Super Mutants and the Master were in Fallout 1, a bigger than wasteland life threat.
But in general they were not as well written as the Master and the Unity and its goals, they were just the xenophobic fascist descendants of the old men who ran the industrial-military complex and who sought to control the United States and what parts of the world they were interested in for their own gain.

Other than remnants like the Remnants in Fallout New Vegas, scattered groups of soldiers, scientists, and technicians there should not have been much of the Enclave left.
If we go by Fallout New Vegas which I prefer the remnants such as Navarro and perhaps a few other bases were dealt with by the NCR army and the Brotherhood of Steel.

Fallout should move on and allow new antagonists/opposition such as the Caesar's Legion, Dr Presper and his followers, the Ghouls from the Reservation, the Daughters of Hecate, and Ulysses to take their place and be the people or organizations that the player has to take down or convince to stand down.

I liked the idea of the Synths from Fallout 4 but the Institute was basically a different version of the Enclave with some elements of the Big Mountain Think Tank spliced in.
I know they did not set out to conquer the Commonwealth but they had no problem with experimenting on the population of the surface and send in their look alike Synths to replace people for no clear reasons.

Enclave power armor can come back (if properly explained, and no, pre war prototypes don't count) but the Enclave is dead and gone. Deal with it.

Fallout should move on and allow new antagonists/opposition such as the Caesar's Legion, Dr Presper and his followers, the Ghouls from the Reservation, the Daughters of Hecate, and Ulysses to take their place and be the people or organizations that the player has to take down or convince to stand down.
Looking at the way you mentioned it, were you referring to Van Buren? Because in New Vegas, Caesar's Legion is certainly not your regular 'antagonist/opposition that the player has to take down or convince to stand down'. Join the Legion, and the NCR will become the antagonist/opposition. That's why I really love New Vegas, there's no clear antagonist/protagonist faction. In retrospect, Fallout 2 kinda sucked considering Fallout 1 managed to evoke the feeling of humanity and good intention in the Master, thus making us question if the Master is really an antagonist.

Looking at the way you mentioned it, were you referring to Van Buren? Because in New Vegas, Caesar's Legion is certainly not your regular 'antagonist/opposition that the player has to take down or convince to stand down'. Join the Legion, and the NCR will become the antagonist/opposition. That's why I really love New Vegas, there's no clear antagonist/protagonist faction. In retrospect, Fallout 2 kinda sucked considering Fallout 1 managed to evoke the feeling of humanity and good intention in the Master, thus making us question if the Master is really an antagonist.
Totally can agree with you brother, a good story writing must always have an antagonist, but black and white is so unnecessary, I myself too liked that "grey" area when it comes to chosing sides, something that makes you struggle in making a decision. Not many games do that.

I'll eat my shoes if the Enclave gone forever. A quick look through the Bethesda's forum and one can verify that threads asking for their return constantly appear there. Like, ALL THE TIME.

How could our modern Shakespeare; Emil Pagliarulo; would resist this chance? And maybe this time They will also have a giant robot to fight with Liberty Prime.

Big%2BBattle.png

(Fallout 5)

Bethesda will probably join forces with Masamune Shirow to appeal to the japanese market and add tachikoma to Fallout 5.
Imagine a Japanese fleet disembarking on the USA shores and pouring Japanese soldiers and highly advanced armors, weapons, cyborgs and of course tachikomas. Sounds cool and fun, right?

A tachikoma model for those who don't know what it is:
TachikomaRED1-500x500.jpg

Back