Say something positive about the USA

As I was accused of being totally negative about US, figured I'd make this thread. So, what's positive about US.

First thing, the nature and the countryside (which isn't yet destroyed) is pretty amazing in many ways. And not just like the big stuff like Grand Canyon etc. but like, everything. The east coast or eastern half of US too, the nature, the flora and the fauna, Appalachia etc. Just amazing areas.

Edit. And to add, just the vastness, from Vermont to Florida and Alaska and Hawaii and Arizona. Such a huge and varied area with different nature types etc. Zegh could probably tell more about the biological and historical details of the land areas.

Last edited:
I've actually been trying to improve my burger beef and hot dog recipes, not sure if it's that great. I sometimes make pulled pork stuff, it's really good and filling. Sometimes they put two different meats into a burger, like there's a beef & something else like pulled pork. That can be great but isn't necessary IMHO. Bacon & beef patty is good also.

You can wash your car in your driveway without having to pay a fine.

You can paint whatever you want on your house color or whatever

You can do whatever its cool.

America is better in every way compared to most other places except for anything that has to do with government or regulations.

That and our architecture sucks in most places. Public areas "Government" can be really run down but it's not bad.

In those categories we're more like an eastern European country.

@MutantScalper I’m just gonna admit it. I was wrong when I said that you hated America entirely. That being said...

Maybe it’s only applicable to nerds like myself, but I *LOVE* this country’s history, if only from the standpoint that it’s just... fascinating. American history and mythology are almost intertwined, with the myth of the brave frontiersman being given flesh in the form of historical figures like Daniel Boone or even Theodore Roosevelt. And the Revolution, the ACW, War of 1812, all of it is just so damn interesting, and each war is a landmark for the precedent it sets (less than positively, in the modern day).

The ACW’s outcome of ending slavery in America, for example, is one of the most landmark and amazing fucking endings to any war, any story, in human history, and it’s both impressive and satisfying to know that thousands of people were freed as a result of the plight of the Union and its leaders.

Or the Revolution, the War of American Independence, in which an enclave of well educated plantation owners (in Jefferson’s case), inventors (among other things, in Franklin’s case), militia leaders in the French and Indian War (in Washington’s case), and otherwise educated gentlemen came together to break away from the largest empire on earth and create their own form of representative democracy, in a political experiment of a magnitude not seen since the formation of the Roman republic. Carried by French intervention and funding and a network of spies, they broke free in a series of losing battles followed by incredible wins. And the wins, oftentimes, weren’t won by the French; the capture of hundreds of Hessians in the dead of winter was done by grassroots militiamen with the aid of Continentals, for example. The Revolution also shows the power of the American spirit, that stereotypical “spirit of ‘76”, that allowed the continental congress and leaders such as Nathanael Greene and Washington to persist even after debilitating defeats like Benedict Arnold’s treachery and the British capture of Philadelphia.

And the War of 1812, which had both positive and very negative outcomes, forming the American identity, while at the same time starting the trend of “manifest destiny” immediately after the Louisiana Purchase.

I could go on, but you get the point. Also, I may seem like a vehement Patriot here, but tbh I’m in favor of a military republic more’n modern American 2 party bullshit. But I respect history, more’n anything else in this world. And American history is storied despite its shortness; since this country’s foundation we have been at war almost constantly. And that’s both bleakly terrifying as well as utterly fascinating.

New Hampshire, Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, Colorado.

All great places.

Kentucky's pretty nice apart from all the meth. Well our summers are retarded. Turns your pants into Niagara Balls. And the humditity holy shit.

In KY we have Mammoth Cave. In the mountains of Appalachia there's all kinds of tourist attractions, specifically in Gatilinburg, TN. That's were the Ripley's aquarium is and a slew of other museums. Afterwards you can rent a cabin and have a nice view of the mountains.

I literally forgot we had mountains. Most of the Kentucky I know is just endless hills.

77298266.BdHdwdll.041607005.jpg

We don't have to pay to use public bathrooms.

I don't know what San Francisco's fuckin problem is.

Sometimes I ask my yank friends, how do they feel living in US? Do you feel like you're not in your ancestral home place? :D You got a lot of places which are not that old really over there. Or when you visit your ancestral home lands in Europe or where ever, do you get like a special feeling? What's your special connection place on this planet? :D

The cities. It's a weird thing for me to say since I hate large cities, but there is something about the urban architecture in the US that fascinates me. Those elevated railroad/subway tracks in New York, for example.

Back