So has any good come from Fallout 4 in the modding community since launch?

Shaodeus

Still Mildly Glowing
Have there been any mods released like maybe a new version of Dust or some sort of nature that would make my purchase of the game not a complete waste of my money?

Someone is working on a vore mod for it. :)
flower_2.gif~c200

There are a few good mods but nothing that will make Fallout 4 stop being Fallout 4. If you don't like Fallout 4 there is no mod that will make you enjoy playing it as far as I know >_>.

There have been some good ones like Xander's Aid, but things like Dust will take years to make. If memory serves dust was only released something like last year?

Have there been any mods released like maybe a new version of Dust or some sort of nature that would make my purchase of the game not a complete waste of my money?
Considering this game ruined the entire franchise I doubt anyone, including modders will be interested in it years from now - so I doubt you will see those truly amazing mods that take months and years to make like with New Vegas or Fallout 3.

And if you do see big mods like that, they'll probably be stolen by someone or copied by Bethesda and repackaged as DLC like Autumn Leaves or whatever allegedly happened with that.

Considering this game ruined the entire franchise I doubt anyone, including modders will be interested in it years from now - so I doubt you will see those truly amazing mods that take months and years to make like with New Vegas or Fallout 3.

And if you do see big mods like that, they'll probably be stolen by someone or copied by Bethesda and repackaged as DLC like Autumn Leaves or whatever allegedly happened with that.
Yeah agreed, I wonder what their next Elder Scrolls will be like, will it even have skills and choices?

There have been some good ones like Xander's Aid, but things like Dust will take years to make. If memory serves dust was only released something like last year?
Yeah, Dust 1.0 was released a little over a year ago, and 2.0 was updated a couple months ago. BUUUUUUUT

Yes, naugrim is actively making a Fallout: Frost mod for F4, and you can check progress in this subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/fodust/

He updates progress weekly, the madman! Although you should wait until it's done to even consider buying the game. Even then, try and get the game on sale or wait until a price drop.

besides Revolver mods, Space Marine Power Armor (FOR THE EMPEROR), and other hilarious shit Alchestbreach finds for his vids, no, not really. Most of the mods for Fallout 4 are pretty shit.

Edit: OH WAIT, the Dual Wielding mod is a fucking godsend when you're playing Unarmed, doesn't feel so immersively broken to play it, feels more logical, since there's absolutely no downsides of using both hands if you're going in melee combat, and using one hand would actually be detrimental to your combat efficiency.

Wasteland tamer mod was badass, too. Along with the Deathclaw horns that you can set up on your head and shit to make you go full tribal, just missing a upper-skull of a Deathclaw to have a badass mask.

Is there a mod that gives the game good writing? I mean can I kill Preston Garvey and shove a settlement up his ass?

Oh this song, how could Bethesda have learned nothing from New Vegas, how could they fuck up the game this badly?

You just stick with fo3 and FNV mods. Theres still some action there e.g my mod i've made fallout atlanta you can check it out in my signature

Yeah agreed, I wonder what their next Elder Scrolls will be like, will it even have skills and choices?
Maybe, or maybe not.

But hey, you'll be able to make some really awesome medieval style contraptions when the workshop DLC are released!

Well i'm sure you can find something on the bounty that is Bethesda.net! It has a whopping 3,135 mods! Perhaps the Harambe Companion is exactly what you game was missing? Well, if not, then you are shit out of luck because 90% of the mods on that site are about that gorilla, jesus christ.

Its still just utterly surreal to me how wank the game is, I didn't think it was going to be good or anything. But I expected at least a decent action adventure experience, but it was as bland as office coffee that has been microwaved and stood in a dusty corner for a week.

Ah well, at least a new Planescape should be coming out before long

So that I can feed Piper with a hot meal.
I like the way you think, I want to see all of "Fallout" 4's Companions suffer and die. Preferably watch Marcus cut them down with his big minigun, sending them straight to the hell of burrowing maggots where they will be devoured by worms and disease, a thousand years shall they suffer!

Back