So has any good come from Fallout 4 in the modding community since launch?

Not sure what kind of mods anybody expect besides things like nude mods, even if by some miracle a good one came out what would be the point in installing the game just for one mod? The shilling in this thread is incredible, you're better off playing New Vegas if you want good mods. Hell there's more mods for New Vegas than Fallout 4 will EVER hope to have.

Well there is that one mod that puts the son of Colonel Hsu into Boston after the events of New Vegas, Captain Sock.

Well when you say there is no exaggeration, then say well no duh it's exaggeration, it doesn't look good on you.
Alright, fair enough. But, you haven't answered my question: What's the point of pointing out those exaggeration? There's a message in this thread, hell there's a message in those exaggeration: That Fallout 4 is shit, and no amount of mods could ever redeem it. There's no point in buying it just for mods, and to an extent there's no point in asking for good mods just to justify $60 (maybe even $90-$120) spent flushed down the drain, that's it. What's done is done. What's your point of pointing out those exaggeration? To reduce the value of the messages conveyed by the replies to this thread?

And no, because most of those mods came out years later, I'd give it time. But the one's that are out like Xander's Aid are pretty good, especially considering the time in which they've come out. I mean really though, a total conversion mod in less than a year? That's funny.
Meh. You're underestimating the power of modders. We have all the tech in the world to make really fucking good mods in less than a year now. Hell, before GECK even came out there's already mods coming out on the Nexus, and like I mentioned naugrim04 is making the Dust version for Fallout 4 for quite sometime now. The problem lies in Bethesda's shitty fucking engine, and the fact they held back the GECK from coming out Day 1 with the game's release, AND all that shitty restriction put on the GECK and their engine (like four-only option for dialogue wheel and cutscenes tied to it, animation requiring third party application, and the hardcoded perk page that's fortunately kind of worked around but still really difficult for modders to work upon) on top of that, all simply to accommodate mods for console, and fuck PC audience because console is where the money's at. Imagine if Bethesda:
  1. Use different/better engines. Hell, anything but their shitty engine.
  2. Put no restriction to it whatsoever
  3. Release the GECK/whatever name for modding toolkit if they start using actually new engine Day 1
We should have anything good like a month since release. But, NOPE! Gotta bring the shitty engine to 2015, put restriction to it, and hold it like 6-7 months.

Oh, and like you said, Xander's Aid just came out and it does looks interesting. What time is it? Not even a year after the initial release of Fallout 4, mate! Like I said, you're underestimating the power of modders with passion. Imagine all of those 3 points actually happened, I guarantee you the author for Xander's Aid most probably would have release it like 2-3 months ago, and naugrim04 would have released the Dust version for Fallout 4 anytime now.

None that alter the base game in a huge way. Then again, those would also take more than one year to make, so not sure what you would expect.
Xander's Aid came out 10 days ago. This ain't even a year since release.

Fallout 4 is shit, no amount of mods could ever save it, and you know it. And whoever drain $60-$90 with this shit down the toilet drain should redeem themselves by buying Underrail and Age of Decadence full price.

I like the way you think, I want to see all of "Fallout" 4's Companions suffer and die. Preferably watch Marcus cut them down with his big minigun, sending them straight to the hell of burrowing maggots where they will be devoured by worms and disease, a thousand years shall they suffer!

Can someone please make a random encounter mod for Fallout 2 where you run into all of Bethesda's terrible companions getting mowed down by Frank Horrigan?

Man...if he goes through with this I can't help but lose some respect for the guy.

I just think that Bethesda's burned the modding community enough recently it doesn't seem right that one of the most prolific modders would still keep making mods (basically for them).
I really doubt that he will, he's more likely to finish Thirsk Meadhall and Wrath of the Nord on Skyrim, he's not a Fallout 4 fan. As he said, the more he tried modding it the more he hated it

I don't remember, wait...
Yeah, what... that?
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/Images/15503/?

That was his original plan but he eventually became so burnt out and jaded with Fallout 4 that he put it all off indefinitely. He talked about how he modded FNV because he loved it and felt passionate about telling stories within that setting but that the more he tried to mod Fallout 4, the more he realised it didn't evoke any of that. The magic just isn't there.

That was his original plan but he eventually became so burnt out and jaded with Fallout 4 that he put it all off indefinitely. He talked about how he modded FNV because he loved it and felt passionate about telling stories within that setting but that the more he tried to mod Fallout 4, the more he realised it didn't evoke any of that. The magic just isn't there.
This has been exactly my experience since going back to Fallout: New Vegas after Fallout 4. New Vegas is arguably the best Fallout game ever made, and even if you disagree with that, it is undeniably the best modern Fallout game.

Fallout: New Vegas destroys Fallout 4, and I can't even think about playing Fallout 4 again after seeing how completely awful it is in direct comparison with its predecessor. It's like Bethesda didn't even play New Vegas. Fallout 4 is just an awful, unimmersive pile of garbage with no interesting writing, dialogue, or characters and a complete rip-off scam of a Season Pass. Fallout: New Vegas has amazing writing, immersion, characters, dialogue, and role-playing and the DLC is amazing. Playing it after playing Fallout 4 has made Fallout 4 look even worse. It's even more hilarious that New Vegas accomplished all of this in less than 2 years, vs. the 7 it took Bethesda to diarrhea out Fallout 4.

It's no surprise that the Fallout 4 reviews on Steam rated "most helpful" are ones that simply link to the New Vegas store page or say "go play New Vegas instead."

I just don't understand why Obsidian made such an amazing game with amazing writing in less than 2 years while Bethesda took 7 years and made the laziest piece of garbage possible. And if this sounds like an exaggeration then I highly suggest to go play Fallout: New Vegas now, after you have seen Fallout 4, and you will see how much more content it has. There are so many amazing quests and interesting dialogues and even the weapons are more interesting.

So of course modders aren't interested in Fallout 4. The game needs to actually be good for people to want to spend hours working on it for free. And modders are some of the most hardcore Fallout fans, and Fallout 4 was definitely not made for Fallout fans.

Last edited:
Alright, fair enough. But, you haven't answered my question: What's the point of pointing out those exaggeration? There's a message in this thread, hell there's a message in those exaggeration: That Fallout 4 is shit, and no amount of mods could ever redeem it. There's no point in buying it just for mods, and to an extent there's no point in asking for good mods just to justify $60 (maybe even $90-$120) spent flushed down the drain, that's it. What's done is done. What's your point of pointing out those exaggeration? To reduce the value of the messages conveyed by the replies to this thread?
I find the exaggeration to be funny, because it looks like people are making out their opinions to be facts.

Meh. You're underestimating the power of modders. We have all the tech in the world to make really fucking good mods in less than a year now. Hell, before GECK even came out there's already mods coming out on the Nexus, and like I mentioned naugrim04 is making the Dust version for Fallout 4 for quite sometime now. The problem lies in Bethesda's shitty fucking engine, and the fact they held back the GECK from coming out Day 1 with the game's release, AND all that shitty restriction put on the GECK and their engine (like four-only option for dialogue wheel and cutscenes tied to it, animation requiring third party application, and the hardcoded perk page that's fortunately kind of worked around but still really difficult for modders to work upon) on top of that, all simply to accommodate mods for console, and fuck PC audience because console is where the money's at. Imagine if Bethesda:
  1. Use different/better engines. Hell, anything but their shitty engine.
  2. Put no restriction to it whatsoever
  3. Release the GECK/whatever name for modding toolkit if they start using actually new engine Day 1
We should have anything good like a month since release. But, NOPE! Gotta bring the shitty engine to 2015, put restriction to it, and hold it like 6-7 months.

Oh, and like you said, Xander's Aid just came out and it does looks interesting. What time is it? Not even a year after the initial release of Fallout 4, mate! Like I said, you're underestimating the power of modders with passion. Imagine all of those 3 points actually happened, I guarantee you the author for Xander's Aid most probably would have release it like 2-3 months ago, and naugrim04 would have released the Dust version for Fallout 4 anytime now.
Xander's Aid is cool, but it isn't a total conversion mod in any sense, and what you have been talking about previously, such as DUST, is a total conversion. Xander's Aid is good, and has a neat world space, but it isn't on par with previously made total conversion mods.

Fallout 4 is shit, no amount of mods could ever save it, and you know it. And whoever drain $60-$90 with this shit down the toilet drain should redeem themselves by buying Underrail and Age of Decadence full price.
See there it is again; making out an opinion to be a fact.

See there it is again; making out an opinion to be a fact.
"You don't like Fallout 4? Well that's just your opinion man!" - yea, his and pretty much everyone else that enjoys Fallout RPGs. It's the lowest rated Fallout game on Steam and lowest rated Bethesda GS game on Steam for a reason. Being tedious about the definition of "opinion" doesn't change that lol. Even the Season Pass is Mostly Negative with only 22% positive reviews recently and 29% positive reviews overall LOL.

It's no accident that the "Most Helpful" reviews are all Negative/Not Recommended and many recommend simply going back to New Vegas.

Last edited:
Dayum, the two worst things comes together. Never fulfilled promise and the fact that potential lifesavior for FO4 is not gonna touch this game.
Which leaves with question. Is this game for real bad even modders don't want to touch it? For FO3 we got Cube Experiment, The Institute, Quo Vagis and that's what's came first in mind. And FO3 is considered worse than ass cancer as just a game, without touching any other Fallouts, according to @Ben Soto .
Damn, at least Ion Storm knew their Invisible War is literal ass cancer and didn't bother the community with SDK for their game.

Last edited:
Back