So has any good come from Fallout 4 in the modding community since launch?

Didn't Contraptions DLC introduce some kind of holding thingie? Where they strap their head and hands into it? Place one of those, put Preston in it, lock it so he can't get out, put some kind of flaming trap next to him and cook him up real good.

Didn't Contraptions DLC introduce some kind of holding thingie? Where they strap their head and hands into it? Place one of those, put Preston in it, lock it so he can't get out, put some kind of flaming trap next to him and cook him up real good.
I might just reinstall the game to just kill all of the shitty characters

Yeah this is another downside to fallout 4 too many characters are set to essential

Not only that, but there are no consequences related to killing those that ARE killable.

I'm usually one to not massacre characters randomly, but reaching a last-drop moment, I gunned down one of the "atom cats" vendors, and the rest of them were fine with it. In full view, no reaction. No reaction.
Same is true for "the minutemen" in your first settlement. Shoot anybody, shoot Preston, right in the mouth, and he will gurgle bullets while giving you more quests. Fuckin psycho...

I know that the guards in the main city react, because I tested them, shooting up some random civilians, so... city guards seem to react, but not faction peers

Why? 75% of them are "essential". Bethesda would make one God-awful dungeon master....

The party would just beat the shit out of bethesda.
Nope you cant kill him. Nope sorry. I need her for some shitty plot device but feel free to kill anyone else except everyone on this giant list

The no karma system either so its like maybe you're good guy for doing that , you don't know

I had my base at The Castle, and i shot every single vertibird that came through, and for every kill i placed a little fence pole in a corner.
It ended up looking like a damn war memorial, and do you know the best of it?
I WAS ON THE BROTHERHOOD. And ever, not a single moment, i didn't get any kind of response.

Well i'm sure you can find something on the bounty that is Bethesda.net! It has a whopping 3,135 mods! Perhaps the Harambe Companion is exactly what you game was missing? Well, if not, then you are shit out of luck because 90% of the mods on that site are about that gorilla, jesus christ.

I still don't get why the Institute would create a synthetic gorilla. Were they planning to create a synthetic zoo or something?

Anyway, it sounds like most modders are not interesting in making any content for Fallout 4 that involves storylines or quests. Well at least not many of them.
Other than the Fallout Texas project I heard about that switches to this engine I don't think there is going to be many if any total conversions at all.

I don't see any exaggeration at all. Everything here is real, the reality.
90% mods are about a gorilla huh? 90% of 3,135 is 2821.5, and since most mods for F4 are either texture, graphic, or crafting related, I'm gonna have to go out on a limb a say that's exaggerated, just a tiny bit.

And there are quest mods, you know, under the quest tab. Guess it eludes some people though.

Also any suicide comments either are exaggerated, or are honestly sad.

90% mods are about a gorilla huh? 90% of 3,135 is 2821.5, and since most mods for F4 are either texture, graphic, or crafting related, I'm gonna have to go out on a limb a say that's exaggerated, just a tiny bit.
It's an obvious exaggeration. What's sad about it? Are you taking it seriously? What's the point of pointing it out?

And there are quest mods, you know, under the quest tab. Guess it eludes some people though.
Anything on the level of someguy2000 yet? Something like Project Brazil? I know there is Frost, the Dust version of this game, but even Dust isn't exactly a mod that's on the level of Fallout-worthy like some of the someguy2000's, Project Brazil, and even the classical Fallout's Total Conversion mods like Fallout 1.5: Resurrection.

I'm going to ask an easier question now: are there any of the quest mods that fully get rid of the base game's dumbass dialogue wheel and stupidass 'cutscene' format? Also, going past 4 choices?

Anything on the level of someguy2000 yet? Something like Project Brazil? I know there is Frost, the Dust version of this game, but even Dust isn't exactly a mod that's on the level of Fallout-worthy like some of the someguy2000's, Project Brazil, and even the classical Fallout's Total Conversion mods like Fallout 1.5: Resurrection.
There isn't Frost, actually. It's still being developed and will probably be released near October or November of this year. Also, I would definitely argue Dust is "Fallout-worthy". Dust is the logical continuation of NV's story, and it does it really well. It uses the original worldspace to craft a new narrative, which I would argue has it's own merits versus crafting a new worldspace. It's not in the same format of stuff like Project Brazil, but that doesn't necessarily detract from it's "Fallout-worthiness".

Why does everyone want fallout 4 mods anyway, there plenty still coming out for FNV and FO3. Heck I'm even making one

Why does everyone want fallout 4 mods anyway, there plenty still coming out for FNV and FO3. Heck I'm even making one

Most likely to justify their purchase of Fallout 4 and to get something at least out of the game.
The vanilla game and the DLCs so far have been rather disappointing for some gamers, especially those who had hoped it would have been more like Fallout 3 or Fallout New Vegas.

But mods can still not fix the fundamental flaws of this game, that would require a massive overhaul as well as modifications of the original code.

Personally I think it is wiser if the modding community skipped on Fallout 4 and focus on Fallout 5 (and the earlier Fallouts) in case Bethesda actually listened to the criticism and learned.

Also, I would definitely argue Dust is "Fallout-worthy". Dust is the logical continuation of NV's story, and it does it really well. It uses the original worldspace to craft a new narrative, which I would argue has it's own merits versus crafting a new worldspace. It's not in the same format of stuff like Project Brazil, but that doesn't necessarily detract from it's "Fallout-worthiness".
Correct me if I'm wrong, but while I agree it's a logical continuation of NV's story, it didn't get much dialogue, interaction, reactivity, and C&C of a Fallout game. I've only saw AlChestBreach's LP of Dust up until episode 23, and based on those episodes I barely see any big dialogue, and you either kill everything, kill only when necessary, or don't kill at all, with solely one and only one goal: get out of the Mojave alive. It's purely survival simulator, so basically what naugrim04 promised you would experience in the mod. So, if that's the case, then I'd beg to differ, it's not Fallout-worthy on the levels of other mods like someguy2000's, Autumn Leaves, and maybe Project Brazil.

It's an obvious exaggeration. What's sad about it? Are you taking it seriously? What's the point of pointing it out?

I'm going to ask an easier question now: are there any of the quest mods that fully get rid of the base game's dumbass dialogue wheel and stupidass 'cutscene' format? Also, going past 4 choices?
Well when you say there is no exaggeration, then say well no duh it's exaggeration, it doesn't look good on you.

And no, because most of those mods came out years later, I'd give it time. But the one's that are out like Xander's Aid are pretty good, especially considering the time in which they've come out. I mean really though, a total conversion mod in less than a year? That's funny.

None that alter the base game in a huge way. Then again, those would also take more than one year to make, so not sure what you would expect.

Back