So has any good come from Fallout 4 in the modding community since launch?

Oh, not this tired old "opinion" nonsense again.

Yes, I guess all we really have is our opinions and yes we're talking about something which can only really be judged along subjective lines. But, guess what, mate? The only currency available to us when scrutinizing art are our opinions.
I realize that, but it doesn't make the statement any less true.

I realize that, but it doesn't make the statement any less true.

When someone says something along the lines of:

"Fallout 4 is utter garbage and anyone who wasted their money on it is a retard."

What they are really saying is:

"I believe it to be true that Fallout 4 is utter garbage and anyone who wasted their money on it is a retard."

That first part of"I believe" is implied.

It really doesn't matter though because you get what he means. Once you start going down this rabbit-hole about opinions as facts blah blah blah, you immediately get yourself lost in the weeds. It's a line of thinking that serves no practical purpose in a discussion like this. If you start seriously applying it, all of a sudden nothing anyone says means anything and the entire exercise is moot.

Last edited:
That was his original plan but he eventually became so burnt out and jaded with Fallout 4 that he put it all off indefinitely. He talked about how he modded FNV because he loved it and felt passionate about telling stories within that setting but that the more he tried to mod Fallout 4, the more he realised it didn't evoke any of that. The magic just isn't there.
Well, that's even more reason to give up FO4 to begin with. A lackluster base game and lackluster DLC (unless Nuka World turns out to be an app that causes all copies of FO4 to commit mass seppuku) while the promise of quality conversion mods being non-existent at best. That and the way Bethesda.aids handled console mods (I doubt the stolen mods issue would fade anytime soon for prominent modders). If there is a lack of Fallout 4 mods in the near future even after Nuka World, not even Bethesda could ignore the problems FO4 had.

I see Zyax is still hard at work apologizing for FO4 again on NMA while being snide to everyone who tries to disagree rationally... And using the 'opinions are subjective' trick... It's still their opinion of FO4 and no amount of pointing out exaggerations and opinion-based comments would make them change it.
Talk about an exercise in futility...

When someone says something along the lines of:

"Fallout 4 is utter garbage and anyone who wasted their money on it is a retard."

What they are really saying is:

"I believe it to be true that Fallout 4 is utter garbage and anyone who wasted their money on it is a retard."

That first part of"I believe" is implied.

It really doesn't matter though because you get what he means. Once you start going down this rabbit-hole about opinions as facts blah blah blah, you immediately get yourself lost in the weeds. It's a line of thinking that serves no practical purpose in a discussion like this. If you start seriously applying it, all of a sudden nothing anyone says means anything and the entire exercise is moot.
Isn't the exercise of constantly discussing something you dislike pointless? And from what I have seen the "I believe it to be true that" doesn't apply to some people here, or on the other side of the fence, at all.

Sure, sure if applied in its entirely it makes everything out to be pointless, but that's the truth of discussion about subjective topics.

Isn't the exercise of constantly discussing something you dislike pointless? And from what I have seen the "I believe it to be true that" doesn't apply to some people here, or on the other side of the fence, at all.

Sure, sure if applied in its entirely it makes everything out to be pointless, but that's the truth of discussion about subjective topics.

Genuine discussion and debate is never pointless.

I really don't get what your end-game is with all of this. A lot of what you've posted in this thread is not conducive to an open and honest exchange of ideas. It just seems like you're here to get snarky and vent your frustrations.

If you want to have an actual discussion, then come equipped with a good argument, not this petty shit. Case in point, the whole objective/subjective opinions angle you were going for. It just comes off as a blatant distraction from your lack of an argument.

I can't speak for everyone here, but I promise you that if you come at this with a genuine desire to a have a civil discussion, a lot of people will meet you halfway. Even if you don't change their mind and they don't change yours, you will, at the very least, have each other's respect.

Genuine discussion and debate is never pointless.

I really don't get what your end-game is with all of this. A lot of what you've posted in this thread is not conducive to an open and honest exchange of ideas. It just seems like you're here to get snarky and vent your frustrations.

If you want to have an actual discussion, then come equipped with a good argument, not this petty shit. Case in point, the whole objective/subjective opinions angle you were going for. It just comes off as a blatant distraction from your lack of an argument.

I can't speak for everyone here, but I promise you that if you come at this with a genuine desire to a have a civil discussion, a lot of people will meet you halfway. Even if you don't change their mind and they don't change yours, you will, at the very least, have each other's respect.
At what point do I seem upset or frustrated? And why does everything need to have an end game? I'm genuinely curious. I've said my piece before, then you "challenged" me on a single part of what I said, when all it was, was a refute of what someone else was saying, who was acting on what they said, and in no way implied it wasn't a fact.

I've said several times now that the big mods that people are waiting for are going to take time, and that there hasn't been enough time to make them yet, and that these kinds of threads just jumped the gun on assuming that there will be no good ones. Yes, good things have come out of the modding community around Fallout 4, and now a bunch more people get to have mods as well, sounds like a good thing.

I'm still amazed that there are people that can somehow play Fallout 4 for hours, a game that's just so anti-fun to me, so uninteresting soul sucking and boring I just cannot relate to this in any way.

I can sort of get people liking Fallout 3, since it could be at least a bit fun to run around the map for a bit and just dicking around while avoiding the awful story. But doing that was also just dreadfully droll in Fallout 4

I'm still amazed that there are people that can somehow play Fallout 4 for hours, a game that's just so anti-fun to me, so uninteresting soul sucking and boring I just cannot relate to this in any way.

I can sort of get people liking Fallout 3, since it could be at least a bit fun to run around the map for a bit and just dicking around while avoiding the awful story. But doing that was also just dreadfully droll in Fallout 4

I haven't even played it and I've been bored by it.

Fallout 3 was probably somewhat enjoyable when it first came out, if just for getting back into the Fallout universe after having to wait for eight years for a new game.
But even then probably a lot of players already started to experience their doubts. The world exploration could be entertaining but the quests were average and the writing was really bad.
And when Fallout New Vegas came out it pretty much made Fallout 3 completely irrelevant. (at least for me)

Fallout 4. Well, I agree that keeping discussing how bad it is is probably becoming repetitious as constantly the same subjects on why people feel it is bad are being brought up.
But I have no problem with people talking about their dislike as it is sort of venting their frustration and in general they don't hurt any one with it.
Don't forget that for a lot of people Fallout takes a special place in their minds and the fact that a new official entry is so bad does not just disappoint them as gamers in general but also as fans of the universe.
It is not as if we want Fallout to fail. We want it to be good, enjoyable, memorable, and give us topics to discuss or imagine about.

These may be subjective to everyone but I think it is obvious to even Bethesda fans that Fallout 4 is not at all as smart of as well put together as the founding titles of the franchise were.
Having a lot of stuff and being able to do a lot of stupid and random things does not equal quality.
Fallout 4 did not even try as much to improve on its predecessor but rather tried to compete with titles like Minecraft and Borderlands.

I don't want to mod for fallout 4. Is it as good to mod with e.g

You need to put in voice acting early ; What i mean by this is you can't leave dialogue choise and find a voice actor later tbh it does't even matter for a mod if you dn't have a voice actor you can still add tons of choise ect as deos't take to much away from the game
Quest are harder to make with out the dialogue, It can become genric really quickly
Harder to make buildings and change textures its actually quite simple in FNV to change
I would also scripting is easier for FNV than fallout 4 although that just might be personal preferences

In genral FNV or FO3 geck is better to use than the creation Kit mainly down to the dialogue. I really perfer being able to control more via dialogue choses ect you just don't get this with falllout 4. Although it does;t seem like it you can create so much through the dialogue and you don't even need voice actors to begin with !

Fallout 3 was probably somewhat enjoyable when it first came out, if just for getting back into the Fallout universe after having to wait for eight years for a new game.
But even then probably a lot of players already started to experience their doubts. The world exploration could be entertaining but the quests were average and the writing was really bad.
And when Fallout New Vegas came out it pretty much made Fallout 3 completely irrelevant. (at least for me)

Fallout 4. Well, I agree that keeping discussing how bad it is is probably becoming repetitious as constantly the same subjects on why people feel it is bad are being brought up.
But I have no problem with people talking about their dislike as it is sort of venting their frustration and in general they don't hurt any one with it.
Don't forget that for a lot of people Fallout takes a special place in their minds and the fact that a new official entry is so bad does not just disappoint them as gamers in general but also as fans of the universe.
It is not as if we want Fallout to fail. We want it to be good, enjoyable, memorable, and give us topics to discuss or imagine about.

These may be subjective to everyone but I think it is obvious to even Bethesda fans that Fallout 4 is not at all as smart of as well put together as the founding titles of the franchise were.
Having a lot of stuff and being able to do a lot of stupid and random things does not equal quality.
Fallout 4 did not even try as much to improve on its predecessor but rather tried to compete with titles like Minecraft and Borderlands.

That last paragraph is I really like! They did not try to create a fallout game but tried to aplease certain gammers. Even though the shooting mechinic is good I feel the game falls back on that to hard. Rather than try for better writing they wanted to more things for people to shoot.

Back