Tell me about "your" Fallout game

Less, yet more. One of the things that's bugged me in Fallout 3, New Vegas, and 4 is that the areas the games take place in are real places, and yet the distances involved are shortened by a lot in order to facilitate not taking three hours to get from place to place. Bethesda games also have a tendency to suffer from the issue of their "cities" not feeling as such. In just the most basic sense of area covered, the cities often feel simplistic and not even on the scale of a realistic small town.

What I would like is a setting where things are spread out more again, where the important regions are their own hubs like they were in the first two Fallouts. When you leave a hub, you move to the world map, and you get the time passing and where your path takes you. This also brings back how random encounters worked, you get a smaller, more generic bit of wasteland that you're moved to and the encounter commences. This would also allow for there to be real cities again without having to try and shrink them so they fit in the overarching world map. I'm thinking Novigrad in The Witcher 3 sized locals. Novigrad was huge, but it also wasn't the only place you were, there was wilderness a hike away. That's the sort of scale that Fallout would benefit from.

This could also bring back a thing that I adored from Fallout 2, real caravans. You could choose to go to your next destination on your own, but why not get paid to do it instead? Sign on as a caravan guard and have that extra cash with you when you reach your destination, or show up battered, bruised, and get yelled at for having the gall to have survived where the rest of the caravan didn't.

In terms of factions, I'd like to see something a bit like Vault City again. Either one of the control Vaults, or a Vault that just had a successful experiment that went on to begin rebuilding pre-war society. I'd like to see how a successful Vault that didn't get assimilated by another wasteland power ends up going. Though, I guess Shady Sands/NCR was a Vault community as well, just not in the same way Vault City was. I'd also like a major faction that has been building itself from the ground up that has begun it's own industrial revolution. Instead of just scavenging or copying old world tech, have them be fully industrial in their own right, independent of some sort of shortcut. Sort of what the Pitt was working towards.

Unless it's on the west coast, absolutely no super mutants. Absolutely no Enclave under any circumstances. No Brotherhood of Steel. If there absolutely has to be members of an established faction, make them far out NCR rangers, Great Khans, even Legion. Except for the Khans, the old factions should be minor if they appear, and the Khans can only be major if this hypothetical game takes place in Wyoming/Montana.

Less, yet more. One of the things that's bugged me in Fallout 3, New Vegas, and 4 is that the areas the games take place in are real places, and yet the distances involved are shortened by a lot in order to facilitate not taking three hours to get from place to place. Bethesda games also have a tendency to suffer from the issue of their "cities" not feeling as such. In just the most basic sense of area covered, the cities often feel simplistic and not even on the scale of a realistic small town.

What I would like is a setting where things are spread out more again, where the important regions are their own hubs like they were in the first two Fallouts. When you leave a hub, you move to the world map, and you get the time passing and where your path takes you. This also brings back how random encounters worked, you get a smaller, more generic bit of wasteland that you're moved to and the encounter commences. This would also allow for there to be real cities again without having to try and shrink them so they fit in the overarching world map. I'm thinking Novigrad in The Witcher 3 sized locals. Novigrad was huge, but it also wasn't the only place you were, there was wilderness a hike away. That's the sort of scale that Fallout would benefit from.
Bethesda hates any kind of abstraction. Daggerfall was like that but Bethesda has to cater to morons that complain about immersion and not being able to go anywhere without consequence thus level-scaling. Level-scaling is such a stupid mechanic. I wish that I could trick people to thinking that a game has level scaling, have it revealed that enemies get stronger based on the in-game calendar, and make the final boss become unkillable if too much time has passed with the villain chastising the main character for wasting his time catching butterflies.

Fallout: Lonestar

Texas is in turmoil. The Rangers who are comprised of ranchers and merchants are up against the Authortiarian Dictatorship of "The Crown" who believe the only path to peace is if everyone is controlled by one government. The Crown wishes to destroy the Ranger's libertarian ideals and claim all land for the state, and it to be leased out in a Feudal System.

The game will begin as you 'The Traveller' riding horseback through a few miles from the Texan town of 'Littlefield' , two other people are with you but not many details will be given. The objective of this opening is to teach you the basics of the game. You will be thought how to make your horse sprint and jump. You are then attacked by highwaymen and are gestured to dismount and begin firing, this sequence will go on for a few seconds. But ultimately you will be shot and black out. You will then awaken in little field clinic and the game goes from there.

The Rangers are a libertarian union of various townships, land owners and counties with their capital in Lubbock , the game takes place around Lubbock. They travel,trade and herd Brahmin on the horses and horse riding is a very important part of this game as you will often have to travel long distances. It is not an uncommon sight to see "Drovers" herding packs of Brahmin through the plains. Perhaps you can also do this as a way to earn caps, " Twenty caps a day, and all you can eat." The Rangers fight in light infantry skirmish formation.

The Crown is a faction set up in 2270 by King Warren Smith and is a Monarchy . Although slow in growth initially, they now encompass most of Eastern Texas and western Louisiana. Although Warren Smith is now dead (the game takes place in 2290) his son King Hercules Smith is now the King. The government owns all the land and operates a feudal system. There is much poverty on their land as the peasantry is barely fed only so to keep them working. They fight in an orderly manner, using updated pre-war battle tactics.

This game centres around the Crown's Desire to Expand and the virtues of total freedom versus Monarchy , essentially freedom against security. A major strategic point in which a major battle takes place in is 'Lubbock Solar Plant' which is a large plant which attracts and compresses sunlight and in doing so creates over 300 MW of electricity. Lubbock itself is a town of farmers and ranchers selling their wares, and is a popular place for Caravan Traders to stop at the Taverns it's bustling with activity. And the final battle in the game is either the 'Battle of Lubbock' if you side with The Crown, or the 'Push East' which is essentially a massacre of Crown troops by the horseback Rangers who take advantage of their quick mobility to seize the more fertile eastern land.

Fallout: Lonestar

Texas is in turmoil. The Rangers who are comprised of ranchers and merchants are up against the Authortiarian Dictatorship of "The Crown" who believe the only path to peace is if everyone is controlled by one government. The Crown wishes to destroy the Ranger's libertarian ideals and claim all land for the state, and it to be leased out in a Feudal System.

The game will begin as you 'The Traveller' riding horseback through a few miles from the Texan town of 'Littlefield' , two other people are with you but not many details will be given. The objective of this opening is to teach you the basics of the game. You will be thought how to make your horse sprint and jump. You are then attacked by highwaymen and are gestured to dismount and begin firing, this sequence will go on for a few seconds. But ultimately you will be shot and black out. You will then awaken in little field clinic and the game goes from there.

The Rangers are a libertarian union of various townships, land owners and counties with their capital in Lubbock , the game takes place around Lubbock. They travel,trade and herd Brahmin on the horses and horse riding is a very important part of this game as you will often have to travel long distances. It is not an uncommon sight to see "Drovers" herding packs of Brahmin through the plains. Perhaps you can also do this as a way to earn caps, " Twenty caps a day, and all you can eat." The Rangers fight in light infantry skirmish formation.

The Crown is a faction set up in 2270 by King Warren Smith and is a Monarchy . Although slow in growth initially, they now encompass most of Eastern Texas and western Louisiana. Although Warren Smith is now dead (the game takes place in 2290) his son King Hercules Smith is now the King. The government owns all the land and operates a feudal system. There is much poverty on their land as the peasantry is barely fed only so to keep them working. They fight in an orderly manner, using updated pre-war battle tactics.

This game centres around the Crown's Desire to Expand and the virtues of total freedom versus Monarchy , essentially freedom against security. A major strategic point in which a major battle takes place in is 'Lubbock Solar Plant' which is a large plant which attracts and compresses sunlight and in doing so creates over 300 MW of electricity. Lubbock itself is a town of farmers and ranchers selling their wares, and is a popular place for Caravan Traders to stop at the Taverns it's bustling with activity. And the final battle in the game is either the 'Battle of Lubbock' if you side with The Crown, or the 'Push East' which is essentially a massacre of Crown troops by the horseback Rangers who take advantage of their quick mobility to seize the more fertile eastern land.
This idea might have borrowed too much from Fallout: New Vegas.

OK, so this is my idea.

You are a soldier serving in the 44th marine division at Anchorage.

At the beginning of the game, the Enclave comes down in pre-war vertibirds and drops you a suit of pre-war Advanced Power Armor, as well as a huge stash of pre-war jet. Because of this, you are able to survive an incoming grenade, that kills the rest of your squadron.
(Press X to mourn your fallen comrades)
It's at that point that General Chase comes, and insists you help him assassinate the president of china. You agree, but first, your going to need some allies, so in a rocket-ship you fly up to an alien spaceship, and ask the aliens for help, they agree to be your allies if you slay the monsters on there ship. The aliens from that point forwards become a source of infinite radiant quests.

You then go to assassinate the Chinese president. No stealth or expertise is required, instead you just shoot your way through tons of Dragons on your way to him, but you soon realize that the nukes are about to be launched at America, so you have to disobey General Chase's orders to go stop the nukes.

It's at that point you come across the final choice of the game. You can choose to be executed to make up for your war crimes, kill General Chase allowing you to walk free, but also meaning the US is bound to lose the war, or pretend you were actually a mercenary this whole time and demand payment.

If you pretend to be a mercenary, General Chase decides to give you a house in Boston, and a place in Vault 111, and then it is revealed that on the battlefield, among your division, everyone else had died. The news stories start to refer to you as "The Sole Survivor"

Fallout : Quests in New York.

Set 65000 years after the apocalypse, the Vault Man/Woman emerges from vault 222 because everyone is down with the flu. On the surface he finds no humans capable of speech and as a result must find the 36 quest dispensing robots that tell him the locations of vaccines. However on his journey he finds a settlement named "the Circle". It's located in a pre-school and its leader, T-0D the caretaker robot tasks you with finding out what happened to your mum, who came by at one point.

So you're searching for your mother, who has joined the Brotherhood of Steel. However every member of the Brotherhood of Steel is also down with a mysterious flu much like the one in your vault. Because of the flu everyone's voice sounds the same, except for your mother's- she is voiced by Susan Sarandon. You find out that you're immune and the Elder- Milo Isaac Lyons sends you on a quest to find the old NY hospital.

You find the hospital, but it is crawling with large green creatures that you deduce must be trolls. These trolls are obsessed with violence and have turned the MRI scanner into a vat of goo wherein they turn humans into trolls. You must destroy this vat (with VATs, which now lets you 1 shot kill anything) and retrieve the blood extractor (it's a syringe by the way).

When you extract your blood, the Brotherhood base it attacked by the trolls from earlier- seeking revenge. You narrowly escape, and meet your mother, who arrived back from a patrol. She is scripted to die and will say how pleased/disappointed with you she is, depending how on many quests you have done. Elder Milo Isaac Lyons (we'll shorten that to Emil) sends you on a mission to find the source of the mutants. It turns out a ghoul named Dr Heinz has been creating the mutants.

He explains that the Brotherhood must be destroyed because they're anti-mutant. He gives you the cure for your flu, explaining that he made it to wipe out the Brotherhood. In the biggest choice in gaming since choosing your name on Runescape, you can either save the Brotherhood or your vault. However even if you side with Dr Heinz, you are forced to kill him anyway- as revenge.

There is a pre-rendered cinematic that changes depending what your final choice was.

This is old and I stopped messing with it but here are a few ideas. I know @The Dutch Ghost has a few too.

http://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/fallout-motor-city.197709/

*oops the link didn't post. Haha.

This is a work of art. ;-; Brought me to tears; Awesome job.

Which sucks for me, because I'm drafting a fallout in the same setting. Different themes and factions, thank god. But still, nothing scarier than pouring your heart into something only to find someone did it first.

That said, my project is a little too underdeveloped to show currently. Hopefully it'll be done by the holiday times and I can show it here

Last edited:
I've always had interest in a Fallout New Mexico, where we can see more about the Legion and their territory and also how they handle things. I also want it to focus on tribes and tribals as well. I don't know what is it about tribals in Fallout I like, but they seem so interesting to me.

Also another Fallout I want is one set in Chicago, since I live there.

I only have three ideas:

Fallout Denver (working name). A follow up to Fallout New Vegas in which you are an adventurer/prospector in Denver, a Pre War city that has drawn in many others seeking their fortune and where the NCR seeks to establish a colony. (there is a of talk about secession and becoming their own city state because the NCR is draining Denver for resources to support a failing economy back home)
Caesar's Legion would return but their female rivals: the Daughters of Hecate from the canceled Van Buren and their soldiers, the Hounds of Hecate would also appear, and there is a growing confrontation between the two armies.

The player would explore Denver but also nearby locations such as Colorado Springs, a Pre War city suffering from high radiation levels because of the nearby Crater (formerly NORAD or Cheyenne mountain that suffered multiple bunker penetrating ICBM impacts), and Boulder that is run by the Followers of the ATLANTIS, a group of transhumanist soldier/traders that are led by the Pre War AI ATLANTIS, Poseidon's answer to ZAX.

The end goal of the game would to discover the secret of the nature reborn in the region. Something has been restoring the environment and biosphere in the Colorado Region and all major factions wish to control this resource for themselves. (NCR wants to use it to deal with the famine at the West Coast and have a powerful bargaining tool. The Legion wants it to improve conditions in their own territory and deny it to the NCR, and the Daughters see it as being their own sole right and property)
This source would be revealed to be the Nursery, the 'nature Vault' run by DIANA.

I would probably drop this idea as it is based to much on dropped ideas for Van Buren. I respect the original material and do not want to imitate its creators (to much).

Rather I would like to do my own thing which is Fallout Texas:

Taking place the former territory of Texas, though I have not decided if it would use a map system with world spaces such as Fallout 1, 2, and Tactics, or a big map like Fallout 3, New Vegas, and 4, which has been isolated from the West by a great radioactive no man's land.
This isolation has allowed the region to give rise to its own factions, organizations, and governments, but even before the start of the storyline this isolation is coming to an end as travel between the Texas Wasteland and the West is becoming more common. (for example, a number of Super Mutant refugees has settled in the Texas Wasteland)

The player is a former slave, having escaped his/her Legion master (or Angel master if I drop all the FNV stuff) with help from the New Texas Rangers.
The Legion/Angels caught the player were they invaded and ransacked the player's home settlement for an unknown reason as the player's home is far from the Legion's/Angels' main territory.

While searching for a safe place the player learns that his/her home was destroyed by the Legion/Angels in order to capture a person who was hiding there while searching the local Poseidon Energy ruins for a pre war artifact.
The player can then set out to find and confront this person in order to learn why he came to the player's home and why the Legion/Angels were so determined to get him.

Eventually this leads to a larger questline in which the player does not only affect the politics and future of settlements and factions, but also the Texas Wasteland itself, discovering from before the great war that could make someone as powerful as the old governments and corporations.

The player would interact with governments such as the Lone Star Confederacy and the System, factions such as the technology and science obsessed Followers of the ATLANTIS, and their ideological opposed Angels of the Apocalypse who seek to unite humanity under a radically twisted form of Christianity, the New Texas Rangers and the Black Fist who runs organized crime operations, and the machine intelligences of Robot City.

A game with an almost same theme called Fallout Lonestar had some great ideas I liked such as the Mexican Cartels that before the great war switched from drug smuggling to oil smuggling.
I wonder what came of that project?

And last, Fallout Detroit (working title):

Not much on this one yet. So far my main thoughts on its background is that before the great war Detroit enjoyed its second 'economic miracle' when manufacturing came back to the US after most of the economies in Asia collapsed due to the resource crisis and the "America First" mindset.

Detroit was the place where the new fusion powered cars were build when the first fusion cells become commercially available. During the Resource Wars this is also were Powered Armor as well as various vehicles, weapons, and munitions were manufactured.

And last, Detroit was also one of the places from which the invasion and annexation of Canada was spearheaded.

I would like to settle this place with its own unique factions, organizations, and governments. There would no Brotherhood Of Steel chapter here for example.

Here's a shitty idea off the top of my head.

The main character is a captured 'mutie scum', being taken in for FEV experimentation by some Enclave/Supermutants(So the player can decide whatever the hell his/her backstory is).

You're about to get 'dipped', when all shit breaks loose, and some 'hero' starts murderfucking the Enclave/Mutants, allowing you to escape.

The game would start a little like fallout 2, in which you're put against impossible enemy odds (Lets slap in at least one deathclaw you need to either A: lock in a room with skills, B: Sneak past, or C: using skills, pile enough landmines to kill it)

You escape into the wastes, free to do whatever you please, head whereever you want, you have no quest markers.

The only thing you see as you escape, is the 'hero' wandering off into the wastes, you can choose to follow him if you want, which leads to some giant questline about trying to contact him, which probably has a load of sidequests similar to the 'find dad' quest in FO3.

Some plot elements would be some 'friendly' Enclave guys, who managed to escape the base, and simply want to escape their past, inteligent deathclaws (Because fuck you Bethesda, its about time we get another goris!), and assisting the major town ensure its own independence and safety (similar to NV).

The 'main' storyline would probably be something as grand as Fo1-2, in that you would return to your hometown, to find it destroyed and ruined, and from there, you'd have to find out who did the attack, and through a load of effort, sabotage them internally, destroy them with utter firepower, or finally, make peace with what they did, and leave them be.

I have a few basic ideas

1. Fallout: Seattle. It would be a game that would focus mainly on the expansion of the Great Khan Empire across the Northwest, as suggested in that one ending for New Vegas. The NCR would be basically nonexistent in the area except maybe a few long range scouts.

2. Fallout: Chicago. Chicago is probably the best city in the Midwest to set a Fallout game. It has a long history of mob violence, which could play into local gangs. Is the home base of the Midwestern BoS, a faction that has been pretty reclusive since the end of Tactics, and its located pretty centrally in the Midwest, giving easy access to Detroit, Milwaukee, Indianapolis, and St Louis as possible DLC locations.

3. Fallout: Miami. Would be a large paradigm shift compared to past Fallout games, with the overwhelming majority of the population being non-feral ghouls, with humans and the oppressed minority group.

4. Fallout: New Orleans. If there is any city that best represents the south, it would be New Orleans. It would be cool to see a Fallout game set in a heavy swamp area. With New Orleans possibly being the home of some southern republic.

5. Fallout: Ronto. After taking the Capital Wasteland in Fallout 3, and The Commonwealth in Fallout 4, as well as The Pitt sometime after Fallout 4, The Brotherhood of Steel sets their sites on the last major city of the post-war North-East. The Canadian city of Toronto. Only to find that Ronto has been taken over by descendants of the pre-war military soldiers who occupied the city. forming their own BoS like entity, except far more draconian and overbearing then even the MWBoS are.

Places I don't want to see in future Fallout games
-LA or San Fran. Both have been part of the NCR for decades now, and should be heavily civilized/developed at this point. There is really nothing to do in either besides walk around and gawk as something resembling a functional city.

-Salt Lake City. According to New Vegas, it was entirely leveled by nukes. And the White Legs destroyed New Canaan up in Ogden. so there is nothing up there.

-Denver. According to New Vegas, its nothing but packs of wild dogs. Basically no one lives in the area according to Lanius, and a game where you do nothing but shoot dogs for 200+ hours would be boring.

-Tuscon or Phoenix. According to Raul, Two-Sun was seemingly just a small town with a raider problem, and Phoenix is barely mentioned in NV at all, which would suggest its lack of importance as well. Given how bad the raider problem was in Arizona before the Legion started, I doubt they formed anything of note there.

Also, I just hate the Legion, and find them utterly boring. Even if they were collapsing, and faction warfare was happening, it would just be Fallout: 50 Shades of Legion.

Last edited:
Also, I just hate the Legion, and find them utterly boring. Even if they were collapsing, and faction warfare was happening, it would just be Fallout: 50 Shades of Legion.
Just when you think you can't possibly disagree with someone anymore, they surprise you like this.

Caesar is an authoritarian badass that has forcibly united 87 tribes and is seen as a God to them. Lanius is painted as a brute, obsessed with crushing anyone who opposes him, however when you meet him you can talk him down. Vulpes is said to be the man behind the intrigues into the Mojave- from utilizing pre-war weaponry in Searchlight to wiping out NCR and powder ganger presence in Nipton.

After losing the first battle at Hoover Dam they reorganize and change their tactics- using guerilla warfare and saving the bulk of their army for the final attack. They make alliances with other factions only to betray them when they've outlived their usefulness.

I could go on, but what exactly is it that you find boring about them? Genuine question.

I find that the Legion makes a nice change compared to enemies like the Super Mutants/Unity, the Enclave, and the Calculator's pacification robots.
Doesn't mean I want them back as a full antagonist in every Fallout game but I take them over the recycled Super Mutants from Fallout 3 and 4, and the Enclave from Fallout 3.

If anything I found the Synths despite their interesting sounding premise rather boring enemies.
I like the Synths, I just wish they were better used.

If anything I found the Synths despite their interesting sounding premise rather boring enemies.
I like the Synths, I just wish they were better used.
I think they could've been handled better with a much more capable studio. The problem is Bethesda just went with a good concept and didn't bother with consistency at all. They are controlled by voice commands- so they have receivers- so why do they send people out to get them? Why aren't they built with teleportation devices? Why do they make servants with the capability of gaining consciousness? Why do they allow negative thoughts of the Institute? Why don't they keep their robot servants as gen 2s and reserve the human-like gen 3s for infiltrators? How do they get the materials to make synths? Why do they continue to make the inferior gen 1 synths?

Would I have them in "my" Fallout game? No; they're too advanced for Fallout. Before 3 and 4, AI needed super computers that were huge to house them- not some 6ft mannequin.

I could go on, but what exactly is it that you find boring about them? Genuine question.
Basically everything.

They are a large slave army that, according to Sawyer, has no real civilian structure behind it. They are nothing but a large roving raider gang who play dress up as Romans.

There is no such thing as Legion cities, Legion philosophers, Legion farms, Legion.... anything, but the basic military we see in New Vegas. And Caesar is the only one with any real connection to the source culture the Legion is based off of. So no one in the Legion really knows anything about their own culture beyond what he tells them.

Legion lands are just small towns like Goodsprings watched over by Legion commanders. They have absorbed, our outright murdered, literally everything that isn't them, meaning theres no inter-factional conflict left to explore there, and corruption in the Legion is basically non existent according to Sawyer. So there is not even any intra-factional conflict to explore either.

The only thing the Legion serves is as a foil for the NCR, and we already explored that topic in New Vegas.

There is really nothing left to do with them, besides killing Caesar and having the various Legion commanders all fight each other for the throne. But "civil war" stories like that just lead to every faction being the Legion, with some minor variant per commander, and that doesn't make for a very diverse or interesting set of choices really.

Even if the Legion does beat the NCR, takes over New Vegas, and Caesar achieves his Legion civilization. Then what? Again, because of everything above there is no inter, or intra, factional conflict left to explore. We know from New Vegas and Honest Hearts that the northwest is nothing but wilderness and ruins, and the only thing for the Legion to possibly fight is the Midwestern Brotherhood, but neither Bethesda nor Obsidian seem very interested in directly toughing the Midwest.

They are controlled by voice commands- so they have receivers- so why do they send people out to get them?
Why aren't they built with teleportation devices?
Why do they make servants with the capability of gaining consciousness?
Why do they allow negative thoughts of the Institute?
Why don't they keep their robot servants as gen 2s and reserve the human-like gen 3s for infiltrators?
How do they get the materials to make synths?
Why do they continue to make the inferior gen 1 synths?
-They aren't controlled by voice commands. The only voice command synths have is the reset code. But that still requires you send someone out to speak it to them to reset them. They have no receiver on them.
-So they can't just use the teleporter to escape willy nilly, and the teleporter takes a lot of power to use, and The Institute has a large power problem. Also, giving all of them courser chips just means that its far easier for a group like the Railroad to capture a synth, extract the chip, and thus gain access to The Institute. which is an obvious security problem.
-They didn't. Synths gaining consciousness was a pure accident, and The Institute has been trying to correct it for some time. No one made Skynet to to be able to think for itself.
-Synths aren't supposed to have emotional thoughts like that. We see in The Institute coursers interrogating synths, and threatening them with being reset after they display emotions.
-Because Gen 2's are primitive, and despite years of upgrades, they still have really bad problems of being limited in articulation, and processing power, cuasing them to walk into walls and stuff.
-Synth material is made using the DNA base of Shaun mixed with FEV. the FEV essentially replicates the organic material used in synths.
-They don't ocntiue to make inferior Gen 1 synths. All the Gen 1's we see are left overs from before the Gen 3's were made. There is even a terminal or two in The Institute that talks about how all Gen 1's are gong to be assigned surface duty once then full Gen 3 roll out begins, essentially as a means to get rid of them.

Last edited:
There is no such thing as Legion cities
Wrong. They have a capital- Flagstaff.
basic military
raider gang
They have ranks, and structure. More than most raider gangs. However they also have ideology- they're more of a unified tribe than a "gang".
Legion lands are just small towns like Goodsprings watched over by Legion commanders. They have absorbed, our outright murdered, literally everything that isn't them, meaning theres no inter-factional conflict left to explore there, and corruption in the Legion is basically non existent according to Sawyer. So there is not even any intra-factional conflict to explore either.
So what I'm gathering is that you think Legion controlled territories would be a boring setting for a Fallout game. I understand why you'd think that, as you've rightly pointed out lack of conflict and corruption.

However your reasoning for why they themselves are boring is weak. You've spent a few paragraphs rephrasing "uncivilised" "basic army" etc.

You have explained your point I somewhat agreed on.
But I said
what exactly is it that you find boring about them?
Because you said
Also, I just hate the Legion, and find them utterly boring
Your wording makes it sound as if you're talking about them as a faction. If that's the case, why do you find them boring?

Wrong. They have a capital- Flagstaff.
The Flagstaff thing was made up by Prima for the game guide. Its never mentioned in-game, and directly contradicted by what Sawyer has said about the Legion being all military.

If Flagstaff does exist as a Legion Capital, it would be nothing more then a really large war camp akin to the Fort.
However they also have ideology- they're more of a unified tribe than a "gang".
Everyone has an ideology. Raiders have an ideology of get high, and kill everyone who isn't me, and take their stuff.

The Legion's ideology is also rather meaningless because no one in The Legion follows Caesar's ideology, they only follow him. when he dies, all that vanishes.
If that's the case, why do you find them boring?
Because of exactly what I said.

They have nothing to them beyond what we already saw in New Vegas. There is nowhere to take them.

Last edited:
If Flagstaff does exist as a Legion Capital, it would be nothing more then a really large war camp akin to the Fort.
Based on what? Your assumption? Sawyer said they have no "civilian structure", although I remember a source saying that civilians live in peace whilst the Legion fights the NCR- their lands could be smaller lands with their own stories and interesting people, they were just conquered by the Legion. I doubt every single person living under Legion territory is a grunt obsessed with war or a slave.
Everyone has an ideology. Raiders have an ideology of get high, and kill everyone who isn't me, and take their stuff.
ideology
ˌʌɪdɪˈɒlədʒi,ɪd-/
noun
  1. 1.
    a system of ideas and ideals, especially one which forms the basis of economic or political theory and policy.
And anyway can you really call it an ideology for groups like the fiends who are high all of the time?
The Legion's ideology is also rather meaningless because no one in The Legion follows Caesar's ideology, they only follow him. when he does, all that vanishes.
Based on what? A few anti-Legion characters in game? Look, you're making these assumptions as if they were fact.
They have nothing to them beyond what we already saw in New Vegas. There is nowhere to take them.
They could take it further. Show the aftermath of NV if a canon ending was decided. Show Legion explorers venturing east. Caesar loyalists vs. Lanius. Its inevitable destruction if Lanius is allowed to spearhead and attack the NCR head on.

I suppose I see where you're coming from, I'm all for new factions and groups and not recycling the same ones. As someone that liked the concept of the Legion and thought they were handled well, it would be nice to see them in a future game- maybe in a minor role.

Back