The dev team thinks of everything

Magnus, I'm assuming you are trying to do pretty much exactly what the one reviewer said they were doing (PC gamer?), but even they said it becomes increasingly impossible. Now imagine if Bethesda was competent at making an RPG and actually did present multiple interesting paths to completing quests without having to go about in completely roundabout ways (making the bad AI do it). They could have made that area to showcase creative branching choices depending on how someone built their character rather the static crap that it is.

I should have known when Todd said during interviews that "one can get through most of the game without killing" as one of his many sweet little lies.

It did bother me that there was no way to confront the flooded quarry guy with what you found on his computer. It also bothered me that the Mirelurks wouldn't kill the guy, only knock him out and then go after me (but at least they didn't make him immortal). But what happened is that I found my own solution. After I let the mirelurks chase me all the way up to the sentry bot at USAF Olivia (bye bye crabbies), I parked Codsworth nearby and managed to go into the woods and piss off a Radscorpion. I pulled it all the way back to the quarry, and it had zero qualms about stinging the guy to death (that is, it stopped stinging him when he yielded, but the poison still killed him), for which I got 200 xp and completed the quest. Then I went back for Codsworth, who took out the thing all by himself ("Another bug to bash!").

So, I had to use my brain a little in order to get the desired outcome, instead of going with a predetermined path that the developers had laid out (after all, even if they had given me a diplomatic option the results still would have been something they decided for me), and I don't think games like Mass Effect or Dragon Age would have let me do that, even if they are better written and have more depth to them.

The article also failed to mention two things. One of them is Codsworth with his buzzsaw, and the other is the aforementioned giant programmable sentry bot, whom I have named Lord Fusion Death Megatron 5000. That thing survives two car explosions in a row and keeps trucking to wherever I told it to go (I have no idea where Revere is, but it's probably there now, surrounded by corpses). Here's how I got to Diamond City without firing a single bullet:

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 2015-11-16_00034.jpg
    2015-11-16_00034.jpg
    359.8 KB · Views: 610
  • 2015-11-17_00002.jpg
    2015-11-17_00002.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 610
  • 2015-11-17_00006.jpg
    2015-11-17_00006.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 574
  • 2015-11-17_00007.jpg
    2015-11-17_00007.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 616
  • 2015-11-17_00012.jpg
    2015-11-17_00012.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 578
Last edited:
If your companion kills things it's automatically not a pacifist run.

Yeah... that's kind of being a hypocrite and claiming something you're not. Pacifists are against VIOLENCE in general?
I do love violence, so it's going to be a boring game for me if I can't kill anyone. All right then, I'm a conscientious bystander, not a pacifist. I still haven't outright attacked anyone, and I'd say that's damn impressive considering everything is trying to kill me.

Yeah... that's kind of being a hypocrite and claiming something you're not. Pacifists are against VIOLENCE in general?
I do love violence, so it's going to be a boring game for me if I can't kill anyone. All right then, I'm a conscientious bystander, not a pacifist. I still haven't outright attacked anyone, and I'd say that's damn impressive considering everything is trying to kill me.

Still kind of... I don't know... low to use someone else instead.

Still kind of... I don't know... low to use someone else instead.
Yeah I never claimed to be of high moral fiber. Still, Codsworth is an absolute berserker if his quotes are anything to go by, it's not like he doesn't want to do this. He actively storms into combat while I go hide, and even if I call him back he still tears people apart if they so much as sneeze in his direction. Mirelurks? "Crab cakes for dinner, maam?". Radstags? "What a DISGUSTING BEAST! *hack*". Raiders? "Ah, now this is my cup of tea! *decapitate*". Quite the handy butler to have.

I should also mention that my computer is an abacus and runs at 20-30 fps, and that I am terrible at shooting games, so I like having someone else do the fighting. What I really dig about this game is exploring the world and all the crazy stuff they put in it, the combat and story and everything else is really not that important to me. I'm trying to get up on the rooftops in the city at the moment, it's proving difficult. Might have to research that jetpack at some point, though it will be with another character.

Last edited:
Screenshot-Original.png

What is going on here? Another one of their stupid "oh look, those skeletons died in an interesting way what an interesting backstory there must be". So are these meant to be skeletons from before the war? There hasn't been a slight fucking BREEZE in over 200 years to knock them over?? Why is this upsetting me so much?

Just write a real story and stop bothering with bullshit like this.

What is going on here? Another one of their stupid "oh look, those skeletons died in an interesting way what an interesting backstory there must be". So are these meant to be skeletons from before the war? There hasn't been a slight fucking BREEZE in over 200 years to knock them over?? Why is this upsetting me so much?

Just write a real story and stop bothering with bullshit like this.

That doesn't bother me so much. If you really must justify what they are doing there just claim some Raiders on Jet thought it would be funny to prop them up on that bench.

But I agree the story and writing are the worst I have seen in years.

Back