Things you like from Fallout 3

Yeah I mean this is the most autist tier complaint which on some level I get but on another level it is semantic bullshit. What caused the Point Lookout Mutants? What caused the Scrags? What caused the...https://apjjf.org/2012/10/26/Robert-Jacobs/3776/article.html

latest

The answer is whatever the individual dipshit writer wants to toss in for the specific creature origin. Super Mutants are only super because they get vatted. Other mutants are everywhere and just as Super. Like Ghosts.

In case you don't know I am fine with mutants in Fallout 3. It's the lack of roleplaying I did not like.

Yeah I mean this is the most autist tier complaint which on some level I get but on another level it is semantic bullshit. What caused the Point Lookout Mutants? What caused the Scrags? What caused the...https://apjjf.org/2012/10/26/Robert-Jacobs/3776/article.html

latest

The answer is whatever the individual dipshit writer wants to toss in for the specific creature origin. Super Mutants are only super because they get vatted. Other mutants are everywhere and just as Super. Like Ghosts.

In case you don't know I am fine with mutants in Fallout 3. It's the lack of roleplaying I did not like.

IIRC point lookout mutants was inbreeding and radiation (doesn't explain why they're as tough as supermutant overlords but I digress).

Scrags...What are those again?

Slags it was. My bad. In Fallout 2.

Oh and apparently there was FEV research in every state with 76 being the latest one.

71k8TZD9g-L._AC_SX522_.jpg

The aesthetic is pretty much what the series has going for it right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Slags it was. My bad. In Fallout 2.

Oh and apparently there was FEV research in every state with 76 being the latest one.

71k8TZD9g-L._AC_SX522_.jpg

The aesthetic is pretty much what the series has going for it right now.

The ghost farm guys!

I mean they were sealed underground, so their 'mutations' are a result of natural evolution, pale skin, vulnerable eyesight to light, etc.

The ghost farm guys!

I mean they were sealed underground, so their 'mutations' are a result of natural evolution, pale skin, vulnerable eyesight to light, etc.
Personally I just thought airborne FEV was involved. It made the Slags natural evolution increase

Oh 76 is amazing with how Super Mutants show up. WestTek kicks over a drum of FEV into a the local reservoir to see what would happen, it just so happens the bombs fell like less then a day later. Later on the President of The United States of America who isn't the real President of The United States of America would go on to make more Super Mutants somehow, so a computer would let him Nuke Red China who had just been Nuked.

Personally I just thought airborne FEV was involved. It made the Slags natural evolution increase

Their rate of mutation/evolution is indeed pretty outlandish by our standards, but then again it's a game based on the 90's perspective of the 50's perspective of the future after a nuclear war.

Does FEV 'really' have to be so common, when 1's plot was that it was alllllll in one place?

Maybe after FO1 exploding the vats it could be common on the west coast, but the east too ala FO3-4?

Oh 76 is amazing with how Super Mutants show up. WestTek kicks over a drum of FEV into a the local reservoir to see what would happen, it just so happens the bombs fell like less then a day later. Later on the President of The United States of America who isn't the real President of The United States of America would go on to make more Super Mutants somehow, so a computer would let him Nuke Red China who had just been Nuked.
Holy shit really?

Fucking hell, couldn't they have just reused one of the batches they'd already written? Why Bethesda, why?

Fallout 76 is Fallout World. It’s a MMO theme park of Fallout stuff. Surprised the NCR and Legion weren’t making appearances in some form just to say, “Hey! Remember these?!”

I don’t know how you could take any story or “lore” of it very seriously. Buy your ticket, take your ride. Maybe buy a soda if you’re thirsty.

Fallout 76 is Fallout World. It’s a MMO theme park of Fallout stuff. Surprised the NCR and Legion weren’t making appearances in some form just to say, “Hey! Remember these?!”

I don’t know how you could take any story or “lore” of it very seriously. Buy your ticket, take your ride. Maybe buy a soda if you’re thirsty.

76 is actually unironically better than 4 but obviously that's not a high bar to clear

Holy shit really?

Fucking hell, couldn't they have just reused one of the batches they'd already written? Why Bethesda, why?
Oh it's great dude. So the Enclave made more Super Mutants, I forgot how, so they can get the DEFCON to trigger their nuke access. It doesn't work, so then they release tiny commie spider bots and giant fucking Bat Dragons that infect people with the crispy raider mind hive virus that you are somehow immune to before you do the quest to become immune to it. This is because the Enclave sit on a Infinite Nuke Factory and plan to Nuke the already Nuked China. See this Enclave is a splinter group because they lost their cellphone provider and can't call the Oil Rig despite being tapped into an extensive monitoring network that spans the globe and have access to space based artillery platforms. I guess the BOS are keeping the one phone line busy. They later all die when they pick a fight with their Super AI that controlls an army of robots after they kill over half their own numbers because they thought nuking china after it was already nuked to be redundant.

People wrote this.
Surprised the NCR and Legion weren’t making appearances in some form just to say, “Hey! Remember these?!”
Fallout-76-NCR-Ranger.jpg

They do, but only if you pay FIDDY BUCKS!

It's just a skin. they want you to spend an ungodly amount of time getting armor that is worth putting under it.

It's just a skin. they want you to spend an ungodly amount of time getting armor that is worth putting under it.
Pretty much the Fortnite model. Most MMO's make you grind or go through tough dungeon runs to get the best gear or the gear you want. In Fortnite you just pay for skins and that model seems to work. Especially with dumb kids. I know because my 9 year old cousin just wants Fortnite skins for Christmas.

Wait so they included cosmetic-only items?

Isn't that entirely immersion breaking and should otherwise be avoided in an IMMERSIVE MMORPG?

Imagine if in FO1-2 you could get a 'deathclaw suit' for 50 IRL bucks lol.

Wait so they included cosmetic-only items?

Isn't that entirely immersion breaking and should otherwise be avoided in an IMMERSIVE MMORPG?

Imagine if in FO1-2 you could get a 'deathclaw suit' for 50 IRL bucks lol.
Fallout stop being immersive around the time of Fallout 4. Fortnite is popular and makes a shit ton of money and goddamn it Bethesda wants in on that action. Lore and immersion? Who cares? So long as snot nosed 12 year olds spend hundreds of dollars of their parents money on skins! That is all that matters!

Fallout stop being immersive around the time of Fallout 4. Fortnite is popular and makes a shit ton of money and goddamn it Bethesda wants in on that action. Lore and immersion? Who cares? So long as snot nosed 12 year olds spend hundreds of dollars of their parents money on skins! That is all that matters!

Of course FO4 is not immersive ("Oh my vault dweller magically obtained several new vault pieces he can build, despite not being able to the day before! I wonder what changed..."), but at least it had no purely cosmetic items for the protagonist. Armor was armor, clothing was clothing, etc.

Except for the 'ballistic weave' which allowed for fedoras stronger than any actual armor...

I seem to recall you needing to buy in game currency for your character to wear pajamas and loungewear.

Reminds me of by the time I first left this forum, the big discussion was "Why Creation Club isn't paid DLC." Looks like that's been thrown out the window.

I seem to recall you needing to buy in game currency for your character to wear pajamas and loungewear.

Reminds me of by the time I first left this forum, the big discussion was "Why Creation Club isn't paid DLC." Looks like that's been thrown out the window.

People were arguing the creation club wasn't paid mods/DLC?

Lol...

I mean the fucking thing was mostly armor sets (both lore and non-lore friendly), and guns (also...Lore and non-lore friendly)

Don't you want your Doom(tm) BFG(tm)-9000(tm) gun in Fallout!?

Back