Where can I buy Fallout 1 or 2?

A super easy way to get FO2 (or even FO1) is to go to amazon.com. I bought mine there! Once you download it to your computer (choose the maximum installation size) you never need the disc again! If you give me permission to send you some files (like hacks or whatever) shoot me a message....

I'd recommend a Google search for 'white label fallout collection'. The 3-in-1 disc has served me well over many years. At £1 it was 1 of life's better investments.

You are a lucky guy. Back at the time, you needed 4-5 cd to run Fallout Tactics. Now there is a patch that allow you to play without those.

Damn. I just bought the Fallout Classic Collection (which forced Tactics on me even though I really didn't want the shit), but everything was on a single disc, FO1, 2, and Tactics. I also have the OG Fallout's, without the box set and OG manual though.

I got mine from Walmart, and the original Fallout discs from Amazon.

You are a lucky guy. Back at the time, you needed 4-5 cd to run Fallout Tactics. Now there is a patch that allow you to play without those.
I remember those days. I remember installing the original version of Doom from 5 diskettes on what I think was a 286 machine. I remember loading Spectrum games from audio cassettes. I even used to write games and code in those days.
Maybe 1 of these days i'll actually complete a Fallout game.

I remember installing the original version of Doom from 5 diskettes on what I think was a 286 machine.
I'm pretty sure Doom was far too demanding for a 286 to handle back then. I know my 486 ran it like a dream, but my 386 had a few difficulties with the game.

I remember installing the original version of Doom from 5 diskettes on what I think was a 286 machine.
I'm pretty sure Doom was far too demanding for a 286 to handle back then. I know my 486 ran it like a dream, but my 386 had a few difficulties with the game.
You could be right. I had a 286 and later a Viglen machine of some description that had some upgraded parts. I never knew exactly what it was but I got it before 486s were common and they were also out of my price range. The game had a noticeable delay every time it had to load a location. Curiously I still have the Doom diskettes. After that was a very long gap with PlayStations and no computer.

I still have my Doom CD, but alas, I don't know if I have any of the original disks (they were free with magazine purchases, or shareware, or the like). =/
I remember The Legend of Kyrandia required 4 entire 3.5 disks to install, which at the time made me think to myself "This game must be AMAZING!!!!!" Ah, memories.....

Good news. All three are back on GOG for 9.99 a piece, 3.33 for the next week.

Bethesda finally saw the DRM-free light after two plus years.

I got my copy of the first Fallout today, It was ordered from Amazon. I would post a picture of my setup, but I don't have a pic. I am running it on a 2001 HP Pavilion 513c with Windows Vista. It runs smooth as glass on it, even though the computer itself is just a little slow. My monitor, though, is some other brand. On amazon you can buy it new for 50 USD but used runs for like 5 USD.

I bought all three "classic" Fallout games a year or so ago on Steam. I could've sworn I owned the GOG release too, but I guess not. I'd personally go for the GOG release if I was buying Fallout, since IIRC, it comes with a lot of neat little extras and such.

Wow someone revived this thread that had been dead for almost one year :V.
Well I might as well post something useful then:

For anyone looking for places to buy the classic games:
Fallout 1 on GOG.com
Fallout 2 on GOG.com
Fallout Tactics on GOG.com
Gamebryo games:
Fallout 3 GOTY on GOG.com
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition on GOG.com

Steam also sells them:
Fallout 1 on Steam
Fallout 2 on Steam
Fallout Tactics on Steam
Gamebryo games:
Fallout 3 GOTY
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition

I personally recommend the GOG.com versions, some games contain some goodies (external files like soundtracks) that the Steam version doesn't have and the Gamebryo games are better, since they already come with LAA out of the box and they are all (all games) DRM free.:clap:

Many years back out of boredom I used to go to shitty old supermarkets and buy games. They always had a bunch of old games on sale or game packs buy 1 get 5. That's how I got my first retail copy of Fallout.

Attachments

• IMG_20210505_004603.jpg
    IMG_20210505_004603.jpg
    564.6 KB · Views: 405
I preordered Fallout 76 and got Fallout 1 and 2 for free (well, on a shitty launcher). It certainly made up for the bad taste left in my mouth from 76.

I won't lie to you I found an original copy of fallout 1 in fucking turkey. I was so surprised it costs like 10 cents in 'murican currency I just gottsta gottsta have it.
It was in a mall in the capitol

I won't lie to you I found an original copy of fallout 1 in fucking turkey. I was so surprised it costs like 10 cents in 'murican currency I just gottsta gottsta have it.
It was in a mall in the capitol

What a strange person. Us English people use Paxo Sage + Onion to stuff turkeys. If wanting to be trendy culinary wizards we use spiced sausage meat, apples , chestnuts and other nuts. If a guest has a nut allergy we open a tin of Spam.

A copy of Fallout ?? that's fucking madness.

Back