Where can I buy Fallout 1 or 2?

Hello,

I'd like to buy Fallout 1. I'm looking for an uncensored original US release (fully patched, no content changes, children intact, no third-party/community fixes, etc). What are my options?

Neither GOG nor Steam meet these requirements.

GOG distributes a european release.
Steam distributes some kind of a community modified hybrid (sfall, etc).

There's an option on Interplay's website to buy (download) a pack of the first three Fallout games. Does it contain Fallout 1 in the form I described above? If yes, do you need to use any specific software to install and run the games (like Steam), or is it just a standalone setup file (like GOG)? If no, are there any other options to get what I'm looking for (except hunting ebay)?

Hey guys, well its July 2012 and I never played FO1/FO2. Which versions should I buy and from where? I obviously don't want it to be censored, and I want to be able to mod it - and which mods should I install for a first play? For example, with FO3 first play I would use a hi-res mod but not apocalypse armory (that would be 2nd time).

Amazon, ebay, steam, best buy, it's not too hard to find. now they come together along with fallout tactics I believe.

If you want a fully uncensored version, just buy the game off Steam or GOG, and patch it as well as download a mod or two putting what you want from the NMA download section.

Gog.com

They also have games like Baldur's Gate & Planescape. Great website & relativity cheap.

You guys know that you can pick up the collection pack at Wal-Mart right? Its about 20 bucks and it includes

+ Fallout
+ Fallout 2
+ Fallout Tactics (They give you the choice not to install this though, thank god)

I have never trusted online gaming services like Steam. I would rather pay to get the actual CD of the games.

Plus if you ever re-boot your comp you don't have to worry about having to back the files up, or losing it and buying it on the online service all over again. Digital shopping ca be a bitch.

I got Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics from GoodOldGames, or gog.com

-EDIT-
BigBoss said:
I have never trusted online gaming services like Steam. I would rather pay to get the actual CD of the games.

Plus if you ever re-boot your comp you don't have to worry about having to back the files up, or losing it and buying it on the online service all over again. Digital shopping ca be a bitch.

I got mine form GOG because my old discs are lost. Honestly, it is a good deal there, because you can buy them for half the price that you find them in stores in today, and they are DRM free. Download and share as much as you like, do what you want with it. You can always go back and download it from your account again if your PC dies. Accounts on GOG don't tie to your PC in any way, so you can go back and download them again from your account free of charge on any computer. Steam kind of rips you off in that once you buy a game from them, it needs steam to run at all, and that pisses me off.

There is always the internet, but if you want the original i would search on Ebay/Amazon, yard sales etc.
I found a 3 pack 2 years ago in my local store for 20$. It included Fallout 1, Fallout 2 and fallout Tactics.

Yard sales for certain. My mother found Fallout 1 & 2 at a yard sale and bought them for me, even though I already had the Trilogy collection. Also found 3 and Brotherhood of Steel at yard sales. Got rid of BoS, though I wish I hadn't and had a hard copy of Tactics. Could have gotten me a /v/ingo square with those last week...

I bought Fallout 1, 2, and Tactics during a Steam sale. Only cost me $6.79. The graphics are a bit wonky--I don't mind the discoloration much but for those who that would be a deal-breaker to, I'm pretty sure there are mods on here to fix that.

If you're old fashioned like me and don't like dealing with all the on-line craziness, then you can get a hard disk copy at Half Price Books.

I didn't expect this thread can be seriously useful
Thanx beth :yuck:

I really wonder where can I get online download version of Fo1,2
after Fo1,2 erased from Steam and GOG.

I'd recommend a Google search for 'white label fallout collection'. The 3-in-1 disc has served me well over many years. At £1 it was 1 of life's better investments.

Back