Why I left Reddit for NMA (new guy)

At least I got to shoot Three Dog in the face for talking shit about me on the radio.
upload_2020-9-10_14-43-49.jpeg

I fucking hated that when I did that and Three Dog talked shit about me for doing it! Fuck you Three Dog and fuck you Bethesda for your poorly thought out questslines! This is why Mr. New Vegas will always be the best. He just reports the news and doesn't talk shit about my character or blame my character for other peoples mistakes and short comings.

I fucking hated that when I did that and Three Dog talked shit about me for doing it! Fuck you Three Dog and fuck you Bethesda for your poorly thought out questslines! This is why Mr. New Vegas will always be the best. He just reports the news and doesn't talk shit about my character or blame my character for other peoples mistakes and short comings.
Three Dog was terrible. It’s sad because I love his VA, but his actual writing is typical Bethesda retardation.

The chad solution is to just not listen to the radio because listening to 200 year old music that isn't classical is stupid.

as someone that tends to more lurk nma. i find them very civil. it's never as toxic as say rpg codex tends to be.

I fucking hated that when I did that and Three Dog talked shit about me for doing it!
When I played FO3, I had my character drop a dozen land mines around Three Dog's cot—and left.

Later I heard him blow up, and despite him being the only person in the building (that I could see), a woman came to the mic and announced his death —this was seconds afterward.

It still baffles my mind when some people that quest is any good when it isn't. The ghouls are clearly treated as the good side, and the people in the tower as cartoon villains, so there's really no moral ambiguity when the game goes out of its way to criticize you for killing the ghouls after they killed everyone in the tower.

That "gotcha" moment is also terrible because it's not the player choosing between two or more difficult choices with their pros and cons and then live with the consequences. It's the game blindsiding you with bullshit.

The quest could have worked if the game didn't treat the ghouls as saints and the people in the tower as saturday morning cartoon villains. Then there could have been consequences like some ghouls not wanting to join the people in the tower when you convince Roy to join both sides and then those ghouls causing trouble, leading to maybe another quest.

Last edited:
I only felt bad for Dashwood. Was a dumb quest for sure. Either/or as others have stated. I didn't actually mind most of them dying though. Some people didn't seem to care about having ghouls among them if I remember correctly, but there was no way of taking advantage of that. Basically if there are bigots they are to be lynched lol
Good one Todd! Coming from that gated community of yours :lol:

It's a very primitive take on racism. One piece as an entire arc built around the theme of racism and handles it far more intelligently. It's all about whether you were wronged or doing the wronging it's important not to instill your hatred into the next generation. And that having been oppressed if you then embody the hatred that was used against you turns you into the very thing you hate. The story even accepts that some people will never be able to forgive and that's ok. As long as they dont instill it into the next generation. The story understood that racism comes from the history of two peoples conflicts.

Fallout 3 was just like "ew they're stinky and look gross lmao"

That's not where actual hatred comes from.

Since we're in this thread, post the reddit version:

“Racism Removed” fuck people are weak.
It still baffles my mind when some people that quest is any good when it isn't. The ghouls are clearly treated as the good side, and the people in the tower as cartoon villains, so there's really no moral ambiguity when the game goes out of its way to criticize you for killing the ghouls after they killed everyone in the tower.

That "gotcha" moment is also terrible because it's not the player choosing between two or more difficult choices with their pros and cons and then live with the consequences. It's the game blindsiding you with bullshit.

The quest could have worked if the game didn't treat the ghouls as saints and the people in the tower as saturday morning cartoon villains. Then there could have been consequences like some ghouls not wanting to join the people in the tower when you convince Roy to join both sides and then those ghouls causing trouble, leading to maybe another quest.
Hit the nail on the head. My main problem is that the game throws in Herbert Dashwood and goes “BUT THEY’RE NOT ALL EVIL OOOOWWOOOOO WHATCHA GONNA DO” and it’s like... what? If you’re an asshole like me, who nukes Megaton to get the nicer house (with running water), then the Tenpenny Tower quest is even MORE retarded and juvenile in terms of its approach to bigotry.

If the quest changed depending on whether you nuked Megaton or not, and it turned into the player character potentially defending their home, that would’ve been cool. But no, shame me for killing Roy (who iirc is listed in the GECK with BAD KARMA, mind you)

Some good ol' boys that need to wash their peepee's.
I'm sure their pee pees (the hygiene of which I have no personal knowledge of) are at the very least intact unlike yours which I can only assume has been subjected to the surgeon's blade (or the Rabbi's?) causing you to, in an envious fury to comment poorly on the state of their pee pees. Unless of course you have known them and have obtained this information through sordid intercourse with each pee pee, then I would find your comment to be quite scandalous and ignoble of you to relinquish these details.

Back