Why is every new video game shit?

My grandkids all clubbed up their pocket money to buy me Fallout1 and 2 when I retired in 1999. I am deaf and blind so I now play the braille version with audio wired directly into my cortex. My great grandson sits with me as I play and hits me up with adrenaline directly into my heart if I go a bit wobbly.

Pfftt, Fallout.
I remember playing "After the War" in my old ZX Spectrum back in the day. Now that's a real Post-apoc game.

You gotta know you are old as fuck mentally when you think flaunting how old you are is a flex.

Finished Evil Within, it's not 'new' new but I mean it's recent enough and I thought it was pretty good. Story and setting is nonsense but Survival difficulty humbled me.

Oh and Control is really good as well.

The Evil Within was kinda shit imo. Also the art direction is kinda stupid, the way you stealth kill a zombie with a huge spike going through it's head is to stab it in the head with a dinkly knife? I guess the justification is that none of it is real and it's all the imagination of a mutant kid but it really makes the entire horror element just come off as juvenile and eye roll worthy after not too long.

You gotta know you are old as fuck mentally when you think flaunting how old you are is a flex.

If Mr Fuck was a schoolteacher reaching retirement age (say 65) ,the school children would consider him old, both mentally and physically.

If on retirement Mr Fuck sold his house to liquidate assets then go on holiday to say Columbia to party with the local ladies, then hang out with the dudes, snorting large quantities of coke he may be considered young.

If on returning home Mr Fuck went into a retirement home where other residents were 85+, Mr Fuck would be considered young both mentally and physically.

...and how young you are—to use 'flex' and 'clutch' as legitimate, adult words meaning other than to bend and to grasp.

*Age is the ultimate flex [so-called].

I do think this one is pretty good:
2nap.jpg

Someone, somewhere, will put this up in the theater marquee or poster display... for a brief while, until the manager catches it.

Last edited:
The Evil Within was kinda shit imo. Also the art direction is kinda stupid, the way you stealth kill a zombie with a huge spike going through it's head is to stab it in the head with a dinkly knife? I guess the justification is that none of it is real and it's all the imagination of a mutant kid but it really makes the entire horror element just come off as juvenile and eye roll worthy after not too long.
I just thought it was fun to kill figments of imagination. :shrug:

Imagine being so jealous of old people that you try to derail a gaming thread just to make "fun" of old people.

Kids these days have no respect. Back in my day, a good spanking would have fixed this! Grumble... Rant... *shakes fist at clouds*... *ouch my back*... *farts*... *gets tired and falls asleep from all the effort*...

Ok, now without joking. There's a game that is a "new-ish" indie game, it's a deckbuilding RPG that is totally different from any other deckbuilding game I ever saw/played. It's called Erannorth Chronicles and it's a wet dream for people who love "theory crafting", character making and/or min-maxing.
The game allows you to build thousands upon thousands of different characters and then go explore a world map, do quests, talk to NPCs, acquire home bases, etc. It's all in 2D and without any fancy animations (the game pretty much doesn't have animations, to begin with). It's also mod-friendly.

But yeah, if you like classic RPGs, deckbuilding and/or character building, this game should be perfect for you. Also, the dev keeps adding new stuff for free (ever since the game was released, he added so much new stuff that he more than doubled the base game content), and he also makes mods from time to time.

AAA games these days are mostly shit, so we really have to lean on indie games. There are some nice hidden gems out there, the problem is sifting through all the rubbish to find them.

Everybody on this forum must be terrified to play with another human bean.

I am terrified, what kind of people like any Halo game? And worse than that, what kind of people boasts about playing Halo?

Back