Why is every new video game shit?

I just finished Hi-Fi Rush, and that was really great. I was kind of amazed Bethesda was involved with something that polished, honestly. xD

Neon White was also a blast to play mechanically...if you completely fast forward through all of the absolutely cringeworthy dialogue.

give the kid a break, I've tried operating those thingies a few times and couldn't figure out, it's not as simple as it probably seems when the operational side of things is permanently entrenched into your mind

it's because i've used these instead all my life
Untitled.png

as for the op 95% of the 2004 games in the picture are literally sequels or derivatives

The thing about hand tools is that when you know what it's designed for, figuring it out should not be a problem. Anyone should be able to figure out a P38, whether or not they have seen one before.

The tricky stuff is when you have the tool, and have no idea of its use. That's a bit more forgivable.

whatchamacallit.jpg

Video games became the most lucrative [entertainment] industry on Earth is what happened...

...and rampant corporate consolidation commenced - just like every other industry. However, I am a staunch objector to the posited "decline of video games" and allusions to the 1983 crash, the indie scene is flourishing like the garden of eden. It's just that wherein before we saw creative freedom married to larger budgets that has become a relic of the past. So, we all want to see more games like Battlefield 3 and Chrono Trigger - naturally - but there might need to be a paradigm shift in where we expect to see those games from. after the Microsoft acquisition [or proposed acquisition] of basically every single consequential publisher games becoming more formulaic should be the expectation. Japanese studios are insulated somewhat so that is why you see Nintendo, From Software, etc holding their ground. The likes of Destroy All Humans 2: the remake is probably where you should set your eyes on moving forward aka the resurgence of the AA game sector is upon us - and most people are renouncing any hope for the return of the old AAA game scene

a light in the darkness

Attachments

• 20170128143257_1.jpg
    20170128143257_1.jpg
    395.1 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Morgan rarely makes sense when it comes to games. She is a zoomer after all.

Back