Cyberpunk 2077 - Coming out on the 10th

I got mad about the pickpockets in the den that I just walked around with pockets stuffed with lit TNT. it was raining kids in the old town tonight I tell you what.

I think we all blew up the children with pickpocketing haha.

I also liked to punch the little bastards once, then let either Marcus or Goris kill them, ded kids, no more pickpockets, and no child killer!

Poor man's Deus Ex was on the fucking money. The shooting and the stealth stuff is laughably bad compared to DXHR.

Yeah one of my first thoughts playing the game was "This is budget Deus Ex Human Revolution lol".

Did it SERIOUSLY also need 'magic guns' with elemental effects?

I wasn't kidding when I said it feels like this game is every game the developers liked and dramatically overcomplex. Maybe it wouldn't run like ass if they'd just stuck with the tabletop game rules or Human Revolution.

Don't care, my Critical Cowboy New Vegas build is amazingly broken and that is all that matters.

Another thing i've noticed and quite dislike is how EVERY fucking side mission is expected to be done stealthily.

Protip CDPR, the player doesn't have real 'choice' when NPC's constantly complain how you do things because you didn't go with a stealth run.

I mean its a dystopian world, isn't 'guns blazing' a legitimate tactic because the police only deal with people killing unarmed civvies?

Well, it is nearly unplayable for most with a XBox or PS4:

Given that I have a Playstation 4 Slim, I was less than pleased to find out just what a buggy mess it was.

It ran pretty smoothly for the first 12 hours or so then in the two places I got into heavy combat (one with a Cyberpsycho and the second on the Maelstrom mission), crashes became an incredibly pressing issue I only beat by save scumming.

Edit:

Oh, cool fact, Grimdark Magazine picked up my review: https://www.grimdarkmagazine.com/review-cyberpunk-2077/

Another thing i've noticed and quite dislike is how EVERY fucking side mission is expected to be done stealthily.

Protip CDPR, the player doesn't have real 'choice' when NPC's constantly complain how you do things because you didn't go with a stealth run.

I mean its a dystopian world, isn't 'guns blazing' a legitimate tactic because the police only deal with people killing unarmed civvies?

I feel like V also has very few in the way of voice options because I feel like we needed at least a Silly vs. Agressive vs. Profressional choice set ala Fallout 4.

"You wiped them all out!"

Aggressive: It shows how I treat people who stiff me.

Professional: The job is done, that's all that matters.

Silly: Don't blame me, blame my player.

I feel like V also has very few in the way of voice options because I feel like we needed at least a Silly vs. Agressive vs. Profressional choice set ala Fallout 4.

"You wiped them all out!"

Aggressive: It shows how I treat people who stiff me.

Professional: The job is done, that's all that matters.

Silly: Don't blame me, blame my player.

Yeah she always seems to be the same 'character' with minor voice changes.

I've noticed in general dialogue is hilariously simplistic, with only one or two choices most of the time, rarely three with the third just being 'more information' (which doesn't end up helping anyways).

fallout2-003.jpg

Not to mention that because the player and NPC talks, every fucking conversation feels like it must take...God damned ages to complete.

Okay I get it, patience and whatnot, but I feel like I have to read the subtitles, then spam C to skip most of it. Reading somehow ends up being the superior option.

I've started moving off of the Side Quests because while some of them are interesting, a lot of them are really shallow. I'm actually considering sticking to the main quest of the game now since a lot of this is based around just shooting up the place no matter what with very little interaction. However, the combat is more like Skyrim with guns rather than the Witcher's refined combat mechanics.

It also has a habit of killing off really interesting characters and leaving the game feeling more shallow.

Two of my favorite characters are Dexter and Evelyn.

1. Dexter is killed right after you are betrayed by him, closing off any sort of awesome revenge plot.

2. Evelyn suffers a fate worse than death despite being 100x more sexy and interesting than the other love interest in the game and having a cool Ada Wong-esque mystery.

God, you know what this game reminds me of?

Fallout 4.

From what I've seen so far the dialogue is very, very Fallout 4 in style. Although CP2077 isn't trying to be an RPG (I don't think, anyway) I still can't wait for devs to learn the lesson that voiced protagonists DO NOT WORK IN AN RPG. They barely worked in Mass Effect and it's been the modus operandi ever since.

From what I've seen so far the dialogue is very, very Fallout 4 in style. Although CP2077 isn't trying to be an RPG (I don't think, anyway) I still can't wait for devs to learn the lesson that voiced protagonists DO NOT WORK IN AN RPG. They barely worked in Mass Effect and it's been the modus operandi ever since.

It worked fine with Geralt.

Which is why it feels so damned weird he can have a wide variety of reactions to things but V can't.

What shocked me the most was how a Marvel product did so very poorly. To the point that it did not make it's money back. For the longest time it used to be that everything that Marvel shat out made them billions of dollars. Even a mediocre product like Captain Marvel made them a billion dollars. The fact that the Avengers game didn't just floored me. Makes me wonder if this is a sign of things to come for Marvel or if it was just a fluke.

Honestly, I'm not.
As soon as I heard it was going to be a live service, I knew People were going to turn away from it.

That and the game looks violently uninteresting

looks at all these old people in this thread asking to read a fucking videogame. You gonna have on your spectacles grandpa? Gonna wear some slippers and sip some tea? Herbal? Earl grey, hot? Hmmm? Some metamucil? Hmmm gonna have some hard candy and say things that were normal in your day but are considered really racist these days are you?

Voice acting is here to stay here, grandpa.
1: Gamers these days don't want none no reading in their games.
2: Limit the choices between yes, info, snark comment and a no(yes but later) Fallout 4 did this well.
3: Reading is for nerds.
4: see previous 3 entries.

looks at all these old people in this thread asking to read a fucking videogame. You gonna have on your spectacles grandpa? Gonna wear some slippers and sip some tea? Herbal? Earl grey, hot? Hmmm? Some metamucil? Hmmm gonna have some hard candy and say things that were normal in your day but are considered really racist these days are you?

2: Limit the choices between yes, info, snark comment and a no(yes but later) Fallout 4 did this well.
Fuck you! Earl grey and herbal tea is delicious.
Sad to say but the voice acting part is true. Many normie gamers hate reading text. They want their character to be voice acted becuase "It's so much more immersive!" I however consider it to be grating. Especially in a game like Fallout. Can't wait for the next Elder Scrolls main character to voice act Bethesda great and award winning dialogue.

I'm fairly certain Todd admitted somewhat directly that voiced-protagonist was a mistake.

Makes complete sense. Vast majority were repulsed by it and it is infinitely more expensive and takes way more effort than just having the player be silent. When you have it in your next entry, you'll be clapped on and shielded from other criticism for bringing back a feature that was unneccesarily removed in the first place.

Eh, Mike Pondsmith's cyberpunk is the cyberpunk amalgamation of all the various cyberpunk-y things at the time of release in the Eighties. This is an alternate history from our own that diverged in the Nineties let alone from our present day. There's a weird desire to make this the future of our world when it's the future of Pondsmith's world.

I'm just here for the crime fiction, sex, and violence.

That doesn't relate to anything I said at all?

I don't care if its a 80s Cyberpunk world. Hell that's great.

But the storyline, the plotline, within the game, is boring and trite. Did they have to make it a immortality drug thing again? Surely you can do a lot more with cyberpunk than that.

That doesn't relate to anything I said at all?

I don't care if its a 80s Cyberpunk world. Hell that's great.

But the storyline, the plotline, within the game, is boring and trite. Did they have to make it a immortality drug thing again? Surely you can do a lot more with cyberpunk than that.

I suppose the issue is....there's no immortality serum.

I have no idea what you're referencing.

There's a brain upload chip that contains the memories of Johnny Silverhand but brain uploads have been a thing in cyberpunk forever (Alt Cunningham was the first to become immortal this way in Cyberpunk 2020). The really hilarious thing is that V and everyone else is UTTERLY UNINTERESTED in the implications of this. No one really cares about getting the techonology and it's already on the market to the super rich.

Hehe, I don't mind voiced characters, its just that when every dialogue is as long as a MGS4 cutscene, we got a problem.

People saying there's hundred hours of gameplay probably are listening to around 30% dialogue or so.

Although I do like reading. X_X

The game is okay. Controls are run of the mill, no mission has me invested yet and firefights are usually a slog. Dialog/cutscenes are double what I like in both amount and length. I feel it's inbetween Mass Effect and GTA in a bad way.

The 80's influences really don't do it for me either. The city is still pretty, but also boring. I don't feel much drive to explore at all, which is weird for me.

Brain dance segments remind me of Remember Me's (heh) memory mixing story puzzles which I think was done better.

I have a hard time knowing what is happening in fights as there are so many effects and hud icons on the screen.

7/10 seems fair at this point.
The Witcher was better even though I wasn't a fan.

Back