Cyberpunk 2077 - Coming out on the 10th

So I finally gotten around to playing a few hours of Cyberpunk. My computer maybe an old gal but she is able to handle most that I throw at her although I hope to get a new PC in the next couple of months. Anyway, I started as a Nomad and the Nomad section ran fairly smoothly, even on high settings. It was when I got into the city is when I noticed a big hit in fps. I was surprised that my computer didn't crash on me because of it. I have the minimal requirements for the game but the city sections just take a massive hit even if I put the settings on low. It seems to me that the game was poorly optimized even though PC user are having less pains with this then console user. I also noticed a lot of bugs and the game truly is on par with New Vegas on its launch. I really do hope that CDPR fixes the issues with optimization and bugs as I have so far liked what I see and would like to see more.

Last edited:
So it turns out CDPR fucked up in a couple of ways.

Firstly it doesn't use SMT (AMD's version of hyperthreading), either by accident or legit corporate bias towards Intel, but some hex editting can make it work.

Secondly it uses 1.5 gigs of RAM MAX, and only a fraction of the GPU's memory by default, you must manually edit a file to allow the game to use more.

So it turns out CDPR fucked up in a couple of ways.

Firstly it doesn't use SMT (AMD's version of hyperthreading), either by accident or legit corporate bias towards Intel, but some hex editting can make it work.

Secondly it uses 1.5 gigs of RAM MAX, and only a fraction of the GPU's memory by default, you must manually edit a file to allow the game to use more.
Know how to manually edit the file? I am searching how but can't find anything.

Know how to manually edit the file? I am searching how but can't find anything.
Cyberpunk 2077\engine\config\memory_pool_budgets.csv

Open with notepad, notepad+, etc.

Change PoolCPU from whatever MB it has, to your RAM divided by 2 (16 becomes 8, etc), or alternatively whatever your RAM is minus 4 GB (for OS). (8 becomes 4).

Change PoolGPU from whatever it is, to the GB your GPU has in memory.

Edit: Altering both numbers to 0 (dynamic allocation of memory) also apparently works.

Cyberpunk 2077\engine\config\memory_pool_budgets.csv

Open with notepad, notepad+, etc.

Change PoolCPU from whatever MB it has, to your RAM divided by 2 (16 becomes 8, etc), or alternatively whatever your RAM is minus 4 GB (for OS). (8 becomes 4).

Change PoolGPU from whatever it is, to the GB your GPU has in memory.

Edit: Altering both numbers to 0 (dynamic allocation of memory) also apparently works.
Thanks man!

Well they just used a bunch of shitty dub-step instead of synth-wave.
Seen a lot of people crying about the music. Seems people have retroactively married synthwave to the genre. Yeah I like it too, but Vangelis wasn't using fucking synthwave in Blade Runner, that was Electronic Progressive Blues. Even Cyberpunk itself was more associated with the late 80's Punk Attitude and local club hair metal scene and with the Cyberpunk 2020 coming out in the early 90's Alternative Rock that was around pre-grunge was type of music associated with. Well this is 2077 so they claimed they wanted a more 90's feel. Did they accomplish it? well I haven't studied the sound track, but 90's Industrial Music like Nine Inch Nails would be an inspiration. I'd straight up rip off KMFDM myself.

Gotta love going into a faction's base who you just don't agree with, and not having the option to just shoot them all.

Was there a single NPC in FO1-2 which was unkillable?

I do have to give credit to CDPR writing. I cared much more about Jackie during the prologue and Act 1 then I ever did about the Sole Survivors dead wife and crouch fruit in Fallout 4.

I do have to give credit to CDPR writing. I cared much more about Jackie during the prologue and Act 1 then I ever did about the Sole Survivors dead wife and crouch fruit in Fallout 4.

I actually liked Jackie too, literally haven't liked another character in the game yet...

Edit: Can I say I am sick and tired of any game pulling the 'macguffin is going to kill you/you gonna die over time' plotline, when I can run around for literal months ingame without issue?

Last edited:
So, my boyfriend got me the special edition Cyberpunk 2077 game guide and while browsing through it I think I came across what I think is a easter egg or joke on The Last Jedi:
IMG_0185.JPG
I don't know but that does kind of look like Mark Hamill. By the way, Hideo Kojima is in the game. The guy is like the Stan Lee of cameos for video games at this point.

Screenshot_20201214-200735_Reddit.jpg

Style over substance is the tagline of Cyberpunk franchise, but i am not expecting something like this.

Conspiracy time, but this is the first in a lineup of games designed to run like absolute horseshit unless you have a card capable of DLSS.

Screenshot_20201214-200735_Reddit.jpg

Style over substance is the tagline of Cyberpunk franchise, but i am not expecting something like this.
I have to agree with this review. It does feel like an early access game. My PC maybe old but not that old. She can handle The Witcher 3 and TitianFall 2 just fine. It does feel very janky and buggy. Even on low settings the game constantly stutters and acts wonky in Night City even though my PC handles The Witcher 3 just fine on high settings. I may just wait until January when the next round of patches come and I have a more higher end rig before I delve into Cyberpunk again.

I have to agree with this review. It does feel like an early access game. My PC maybe old but not that old. She can handle The Witcher 3 and TitianFall 2 just fine. It does feel very janky and buggy. Even on low settings the game constantly stutters and acts wonky in Night City even though my PC handles The Witcher 3 just fine on high settings. I may just wait until January when the next round of patches come and I have a more higher end rig before I delve into Cyberpunk again.

After playing Metro Exodus just fine, and then seeing this game, made me sad.

I get I'm not running a top tier rig, but a factory overclocked 1660ti should not need to run a game on low to get above 60fps...

my ultimate cyberpunk game won't be this. It'll either be a EYE Divine Cybermancy sequel or a Blade Runner game that plays like LA Noire.

The Character Creator from 2018 had so much more options with customizing your character. The Character Creator here feels bare bones. In terms of your characters appearance, I hate to say it but Fallout 4 was better in terms of being able to customize your characters appearance.

Back