Cyberpunk 2077 - Coming out on the 10th

iaedmpq6jw461.png

Seems I'm not the only one to compare it to Fallout 4.

Except they have no Sarcastic option.

Mostly because ALL options are sarcastic.

iaedmpq6jw461.png

Seems I'm not the only one to compare it to Fallout 4.

Except they have no Sarcastic option.

Mostly because ALL options are sarcastic.

Yeah I've noticed that almost every choice is just "Yes" phrased differently.

No special "Say this to get extra reward/respect/ANYTHING" options, etc.

Also noticed that annoyingly there's no fucking way to tell what an option results in.

Typically an option needs to make sense, like "Gimme more money" gives you more money, and "Hey you did a good job, I like you, you're cool" makes people friendlier with you.

In this its like "*Refuse drink*" and it causes something completely unfuckingexpected like the hoe won't bang you or some shit.

A game overhyped to shit and being made by the same company that made arguably the most popular game in the previous console generation managed to recoupe its development cost very fast after release? Oh no, who couldn't have predicted that?

I'm fairly certain Todd admitted somewhat directly that voiced-protagonist was a mistake.

Makes complete sense. Vast majority were repulsed by it and it is infinitely more expensive and takes way more effort than just having the player be silent. When you have it in your next entry, you'll be clapped on and shielded from other criticism for bringing back a feature that was unneccesarily removed in the first place.
I don't recall he ever saying or even just implying that the voiced protagonist was a mistake. I know he said that the four option dialogue wheel was a bad idea, which is extremely funny because he said that after a bunch of Bethesda fans defend the dialogue system in Fallout 4.

You'd be surprised how many defend the voiced protagonist, saying it's more immersive and that all RPGs need to have full voice acting.

A game overhyped to shit and being made by the same company that made arguably the most popular game in the previous console generation managed to recoupe its development cost very fast after release? Oh no, who couldn't have predicted that?

I don't recall he ever saying or even just implying that the voiced protagonist was a mistake. I know he said that the four option dialogue wheel was a bad idea, which is extremely funny because he said that after a bunch of Bethesda fans defend the dialogue system in Fallout 4.

You'd be surprised how many defend the voiced protagonist, saying it's more immersive and that all RPGs need to have full voice acting.

His quote,

"We do like to try new things and we have some successes. I think the shooting in Fallout 4 is really good—I think it plays really well. Obviously the way we did some dialogue stuff, that didn't work as well. But I know the reasons we tried that—to make a nice interactive conversation—but [it was] less successful than some other things in the game. For us, we take that feedback. I think long-term"

Which is corporate dev speak for "This was a bad decision".

As for the people clapping along voiced dialogue, those same people are clapping at the return of "classic" style dialogue in 76. They were never married to the voiced protagonist, just Bethesda. The minority who aren't fanboys AND also liked the voiced protagonist is incredibly small.

Dialogue stuff as in the dialogue wheel. There's no implication of voiced protagonist being a bad idea from his point of view. He still brags about how many dialogue lines that the game has, and he wouldn't say that if he thought the voiced protagonist was a bad idea.

https://www.pcgamer.com/fallout-4-lead-todd-howard-dialogue-system-didnt-work-as-well/

Here's the entire thing for context. He also mentions how little choices the base game has and why Far Harbor got more because of the criticism the base game got.

I don't think I've had a single quest other than the 'obtain the drone' one, where the objective was anything but "shoot people in the face"...

What happened to quests like "Talk to the guys, bribe them, barter, etc"?

Edit: Kinda pissed off with how visual modifications are for the player.

Oh wow you can get new arms...And...That's it?...

While FO2 only has text to tell you, it had cool things with how the subdermal armor made your character angular and hunchbacked.

Why the hell couldn't we swap out our legs for shiny ones? Gold plated faceplates? Enhanced bones/exoskeletons that makes you eerily nonhuman? etc?

Last edited:
Agreed. I would like to choose the level of aumentations I get, if at all, and have it reflect in the game. Would be good for replay value and change the gameplay if they were trying to go rpg route.

The big problem with this game is that it tries to do hundreds of things gameplay wise and thus it has been unable to follow up on the things that would have been done better if they'd focused on a few. Imagine if they removed the Destiny looter and shooter elements and there were only a dozen types of guns in the game that all do the same level of damage. No bullet sponge aspects.

Then they could have focused on:

* Giving modifications for your appearance
* More time on alternate adventure paths
* Maybe more romance options
* Making the stealth not suck ass.

I'm sure that CD Projekt Red intends to add a bunch of free DLC to the main game like they did with the Witcher 3 ala the barbershops and so on but they first need to get this damn thing running properly.

Leave Borderlands game design in borderlands please.
They should also work on making the city fun to explore. As it stands it isn't for me.

I have not played the game. From the videos it looks like a hypothetical GTA XII, with a bit of La Noire and a [small] bit of Styx:Master of Shadows.

I don't quite get the crafting mechanics.

I have this purple blueprint, so I build one (presumably its my level), then a green item (2 tiers below) I find on the floor is superior in DPS?

Wut?

It seems the DPS formula/display is kinda bugged, sometimes I got two assault rifles with the same base/bonus damage (common ones w/o mods) but with different DPS.

modification stats are also bugged or something.

I added a "Plus 7 damage" upgrade to one of my guns and it added, shit you not, 1500.

Back