Fallout 4 Achievement list

Theory time, maybe the reason you can't join the Institute is because it's already been destroyed by the beginning of the game? I mean the trailers have shown "Rampaging Synths" so maybe the androids rebelled against the institute?

Theory time, maybe the reason you can't join the Institute is because it's already been destroyed by the beginning of the game? I mean the trailers have shown "Rampaging Synths" so maybe the androids rebelled against the institute?

Good theory, honestly.

The Railroad though, how much of a major faction could that be? Forgive my lack of knowledge here, but I don't remember a Railroad faction in Fallout 3. I will haft to research this now.

They were pretty minor in 3, with only one member appearing, and they seem to only focus on freeing androids from the Institute.

Yea I am thinking Walpknut's possible theory, honestly the more I think about it. Bethesda said they want to answer "Yes" to the player more in Fallout 4. Well if the Institute is a faction that we cannot join that is restricting, Bethesda isn't answering Yes enough lol.

So yea I think that is very possible, the androids are already running rampant, some of them. We do see androids on the loose in the gameplay trailers, both hostile and at least one possible friendly that looks like the Mysterious Stranger. It could be like the ghoul situation in any Fallout game, some are feral, some are not, but id think the Institute would have feral androids under control if they were still a faction.

I mean if you think about it, you can easily classify The Minutemen, Brotherhood of Steel and The Railroad as "good" factions. The Institute would be the only faction that would come off "evil", right?

I am hoping of course obviously that the BoS in Boston is the Midwest, so they will be more of a grey area faction.

Last edited:
What's with the Random Latin I wonder? In New Vegas the only quests with Latin where Legion Quests....

Ok so the "Nuclear Family" achievement shows the Vault Boy next to an old man, so it's probably your child who got out into the world long before you.

The Sihouttes of the Companions achievement shows a Protectron and 2 people with Cowboy hats or just big hats.

Last edited:
What's with the Random Latin I wonder? In New Vegas the only quests with Latin where Legion Quests....

Ok so the "Nuclear Family" achievement shows the Vault Boy next to an old man, so it's probably your child who got out into the world long before you.

Yea I definitely think you run into your child, and that he got out into the world long before you did. The achievements definitely point to this I think.

It's probably an allusion to the Brotherhood being a military faction.

Much like the Marines and their motto Semper Fidelis.

Also, we have at least one mission involving the Institute.

Can't have a mission titled "Institutionalized" and not have them there.

Nothing for hardcore mode...

Just gotta hope that the player is an android theory isn't correct. At the very least, then a hardcore mode can be modded in without it making no sense.

Nah.

Android theory seems too obvious a twist.

Plus, Hardcore mode was too hardcore for some.

Therefore, none may have it.

At least now.

They might patch it in later.

Like they did with horseback combat.

Looks it.

Of course Beth would bring back Liberty Prime.

Maybe this time he'll do what he's supposed to do instead of flying straight into the air.

Fuck that, please no Liberty Prime.

New Vega's hardcore mode was not that hard, in my opinion, it did help with immersion for me. So yes it was nice to have.

There was no hardcore mode in Skyrim despite cooking being in the game, so it doesn't surprise me they didn't include it in Fallout 4, hell the Vault cartoons seemed to imply we are back to everybody eating 200 year old junk food again....

So the chick in the Hunter Hunted achievement also appears on the Join the Railroad achievement. There is that, she is probably a companion too.

"Blind Betrayal" achievement gives me a little hope that maybe the factions won't be on rails like the Stormcloaks and Empire was in Skyrim. Once you officially joined the Stormcloaks or Empire you would were stuck with that choice. In New Vegas you had to get pretty far into the game before it was too late to switch sides, you even got warnings about your current status with a faction letting you know that you are getting close to becoming permanent with said faction.

Back