Fallout 4 Achievement list

Here is how I think the main story of Fallout 4 will go.

You wander around the wasteland looking for your wife/husband and kid(geez how original. Way to be different from your last Fallout game Beth. :roll:) You met up with your kid who is probably an old bastard and maybe even the villain.(Gotta have a plot twist)You are forced into the conflict with The Institute and are captured by them. There you learn you are an android or whatever.(Again more plot twist because everything from now and forever needs a damn plot twist or two! I blame M.Night.) They want to do something evil. You are forced to join the Brotherhood and/or The Minutemen in order to launch a final battle against The Institute. You get a Chekhov's gun to beat the bad guys. Stuff blows up, dramatic scenes, blah, blah, blah. You have a sappy final moment with your son who is probably dying in order to emotionally manipulate idiots and critics into thinking that the story was "deep" and "emotional". Then game over at lest until the inevitable post ending DLC is released.

I'm calling it!:mrgreen:

Last edited:
Here is how I think the main story of Fallout 4 will go.

You wander around the wasteland looking for your wife/husband and kid(geez how original. Way to be different from your last Fallout game Beth. :roll:) You met up with your kid who is probably an old bastard and maybe even the villain.(Gotta have a plot twist)You are forced into the conflict with The Institute and are captured by them where you learn you are an android or whatever.(Again more plot twist because everything from now and forever needs a damn plot twist or two! I blame M.Night.) They want to do something evil. You are forced to join the Brotherhood and/or The Minutemen in order to launch a final battle against The Institute. You get a Chekhov's gun to beat the bad guys. Stuff blows up, dramatic scenes, blah, blah, blah. You have a sappy final moment with your son who is probably dying in order to emotionally manipulate idiots and critics into thinking that the story was "deep" and "emotional". Then game over at lest until the inevitable post game DLC is released.

I'm calling it!:mrgreen:

Sounds reasonable.
And when the player finally meets his villainous son, Beth's mighty power of dialogue-wheel will come in.
Hate son "You're evil, and I hate you. We will not talk about this any more."
Love son "You're still my son, and I love you, but I can't even begin to tell you how disappointed in you I am. We will talk later about this."
Why, son? "Why did you do this? We will talk later about this."
Don't care about son "Whatever. Maybe we will talk later about this."

Is there an achievement for exclusively spamming the HATE NEWSPAPERS button in every single dialogue?
Because if there is, I will get it.

200 years is a long time to be asleep for a human, and the player character being a android brings a lot of questions.

But I don't know what androids are capable of other then looking and behaving like humans, some even thinking they are human. Can they have sex? Can they produce babies? Does food effect them? etc. Do they grow? I mean, their is some things that would need to be explained their.

Then again we are getting I would almost say too far into fantasy/fiction (even for Fallout) with a human being able to be asleep for 200 years and not age. Cryosleep or whatever, its a long damn time to be asleep for.

Last edited:
Morrowind was a LOT better in terms of art, at least. Its overall style was pretty damn cool, and the concepts it worked with were a lot more unique than anything Oblivion and Skyrim had to offer.
The same goes for the story, really. Skyrim and Oblivion were essentially about dudes who were born with somethingsomething godpower fate. Worse, in Oblivion you don't even play that dude, you're just some random henchman. Morrowind makes you work hard to become the Nerevarine, you're not just born like that (Ok, you were "born under a certain sign", but so were thousands of others). There's nothing inherently awesome about except the fact that you're the player character. Even the villains are self-made: They're just ordinary chimer who made themselves divine by tapping into the heart of a god. That's pretty badass.
The C&C was not all that great (although you couldn't just become the master of absolutely every guild and faction as easily as in the later games), but I felt a lot more involved and engaged in the story and the world than anytime in Oblivion or Skyrim.

You're Nerevarine in Morrowind, your heroic personality isn't defined by what you do in the present but who you were. You may need to earn that title but at the end you are Nerevarine most f***ing cool Mer ever lived. Also in Oblivion we're literary THE random dude. Why it's a problem that there was another NPC who was special? And he was just a tool, actions of the random dude were much more important.

PS:Torment and KOTOR2 only RPGs i know that choices of the player define what makes the main character a hero/villain. Let's accept we felt a lot more involved and engaged in the story and the world because we're young back then. It doesn't mean Morrowind didn't have better parts(story, setting) than Skyrim and Oblivion. However C&C, dialog, quest design were worse imho.

Last edited:
Worse than Oblivion? Is that even possible.
Quest desing of Oblivion was better than Skyrim too. Thief's Guild, Dark Brotherhood and few Daedric quests were much more different than usual "TES Dungeon Crawling 1.0".

At least some random NPCs were acknowledging our deeds in Skyrim/Oblivion though that's about it...

Maybe 10% of the content, there was some nice stuff here and there. But for the most part it was just runing after the quest marker which also lead to a hell lot of lazy writing and quest design in both Oblivion and Skyrim. I would agree with you, Skyrims quests are even more of an insult to your inteligence, particularly the thief-guild. But Morrowind was at least not holding your hand, the game required from YOU as the player to figure stuff out. I think that alone brings a lot of quality to the table. Morrowind doesn't have really better RPG elements compared to Skyrim and Oblivion, but the world didn't feel like it was made of plastik.

The biggest intelligence insulting quest in Skyrim is the Blood on Ice one. That one should go down in history as the worst designed quest ever.

Morrowind was a LOT better in terms of art, at least. Its overall style was pretty damn cool, and the concepts it worked with were a lot more unique than anything Oblivion and Skyrim had to offer.
The same goes for the story, really. Skyrim and Oblivion were essentially about dudes who were born with somethingsomething godpower fate. Worse, in Oblivion you don't even play that dude, you're just some random henchman. Morrowind makes you work hard to become the Nerevarine, you're not just born like that (Ok, you were "born under a certain sign", but so were thousands of others). There's nothing inherently awesome about except the fact that you're the player character. Even the villains are self-made: They're just ordinary chimer who made themselves divine by tapping into the heart of a god. That's pretty badass.
The C&C was not all that great (although you couldn't just become the master of absolutely every guild and faction as easily as in the later games), but I felt a lot more involved and engaged in the story and the world than anytime in Oblivion or Skyrim.

You're Nerevarine in Morrowind, your heroic personality isn't defined by what you do in the present but who you were. You may need to earn that title but at the end you are Nerevarine most f***ing cool Mer ever lived. Also in Oblivion we're literary THE random dude. Why it's a problem that there was another NPC who was special? And he was just a tool, actions of the random dude were much more important.

PS:Torment and KOTOR2 only RPGs i know that choices of the player define what makes the main character a hero/villain. Let's accept we felt a lot more involved and engaged in the story and the world because we're young back then. It doesn't mean Morrowind didn't have better parts(story, setting) than Skyrim and Oblivion. However C&C, dialog, quest design were worse imho.

Hm, I'd have to disagree with the Nerevarine. You literally become the Nerevarine, the only thing that you were born with is, well, your birth sign. The character is a blank slate, all we know is that he or she was in prison and born under a certain sign. There are failed Nerevarines who started out exactly as you, but you were simply better. It's kinda the whole point of the quest, really. And you're not necessarily a Mer, of course.
Yeah, the Oblivion PC was... Well, nobody. Completely useless, as reflected in the whole gameplay, which was just as useless. Not exactly the kind of "hero" I'd want to play in an RPG.
Morrowind had lots of C&C, though. If you decided to kill Vivec or any important quest character, well, tough luck. Looks like your game is going to be a lot harder, but it's still possible to beat. It's not much of a choice, of course, but it's at least something. Not to mention that you had several ways to do most quests. Unlike Oblivion and Skyrim, which had, in total, about one choice. And that's to back the Stormcloaks or the Imperials in Skyrim, really.

Anyway, Morrowind is absolutely a flawed game, still, and it has not aged well in terms of mechanics, but all in all I still feel that it's a lot better designed than the subsequent TES games.

The longest guy who cryoslept in Fallout decomposed shortly after being resurrected.

Fallout 2, Sierra Army Depot.

That's true, but it doesn't mean it can't be done successfully because it failed that time.

Of course. But if this time they don't specifically explain why it did not fail, it will be going against the already established lore that cryogenics are faulty if you stay in stasis for too long.

The longest guy who cryoslept in Fallout decomposed shortly after being resurrected.

That's true, but it doesn't mean it can't be done successfully because it failed that time.

Of course. But if this time they don't specifically explain why it did not fail, it will be going against the already established lore that cryogenics are faulty if you stay in stasis for too long.

Well one incident doesn't mean cryo fails every time, so while it's part of the lore it doesn't define it as having to have been that way with most/all.

Well one incident doesn't mean cryo fails every time, so while it's part of the lore it doesn't define it as having to have been that way with most/all.

It's the only known incident. There's no other cryo cases in the Fallout world that either appeared or were mentioned.

Fallout 4 can fix that though. They can add more lore to cryogenics since there is not much lore about it.

It's the only known incident. There's no other cryo cases in the Fallout world that either appeared or were mentioned.

Fallout 4 can fix that though. They can add more lore to cryogenics since there is not much lore about it.

Yes, that's what I'm saying.

Back