Fallout 4 - Wasteland Workshop Official Trailer

I do love Brian Fargo. Now if only we could get some Bethesda-bashing tweets from J.E. Sawyer, Tim Cain, and Chris Avellone. That would be such a delight to my soul.

Sorry, people in the real world can't act like you in public. They'd get made fun of.

Sorry, people in the real world can't act like you in public. They'd get made fun of.

Oh hey look, it's the little kiddo who thinks autistic is an a-okay insult to call people suddenly attacking me out of nowhere. Nice to see you again.

i learn to deal with fact of life. QQ about it each day like they do on this forum dont get u anywhere hell. Really anyone here should understand fallout as u want is death.

Is better to move on. hell Pillar is a excellent game to move to, excellent RPG with a solid DLC. (10 time better that Witcher 3 and it didnt win any award)
No no, you don't get it. We understand that the Fallout we want is dead.

And personally, I would move on fully if there was something of an equivalent to move on to. Since there isn't a cRPG out there that captures Fallout almost word for word I simply don't have anything to move on to.

Pillars Of Eternity for example is a great game. But it is fantasy and Baulders Gate influenced and that ain't a replacement for Fallout, it's a replacement for Baulders Gate.

We get it that Fallout as we want it is dead. We simply enjoy flinging shit at Bethesda because it amuses us. Yeah, it won't accomplish anything but I doubt anyone here is under the delusion that it would. Doesn't make it any less fun to take potshots at Bethesda and ripping their shit apart. Besides, it ain't the only thing we talk about here. We also talk about horses, Mrs Clinton and anal stuffing.

So you all bitch about it over and over and over yet "I will probably buy every fucking DLC just to see what it is and stuff but it really sucks amirite?"

Why does Bethesda keep making this shit DLC? Hmmmm....

*Goes and buys all the shit DLC*

:roll:
Well I haven't purchased ANY DLC and I uninstalled Fallout 4 already.

Untitled.png

I'm on to greener pastures... Incline :smug:

No no, you don't get it. We understand that the Fallout we want is dead.

And personally, I would move on fully if there was something of an equivalent to move on to. Since there isn't a cRPG out there that captures Fallout almost word for word I simply don't have anything to move on to.

Pillars Of Eternity for example is a great game. But it is fantasy and Baulders Gate influenced and that ain't a replacement for Fallout, it's a replacement for Baulders Gate.

We get it that Fallout as we want it is dead. We simply enjoy flinging shit at Bethesda because it amuses us. Yeah, it won't accomplish anything but I doubt anyone here is under the delusion that it would. Doesn't make it any less fun to take potshots at Bethesda and ripping their shit apart. Besides, it ain't the only thing we talk about here. We also talk about horses, Mrs Clinton and anal stuffing.

I've mentioned before that I want to being making games.
Well, the one game I'm planning at the moment which may take years until it sees any development is pretty much what I see as a replacement as Fallout.
Hell, I've even emailed Chris Avellone about how to get into the industry (guy came back with some pretty good tips which has led me to enter the New Vegas Modding scene)
But yeah, I hate to sound like a bitch, but I'm kinda taking ideas off you guys (such as what you like and dislike about any Fallout game).

So, I guess I'm trying to give you guys some hope.
Hopefully it happens.

I've mentioned before that I want to being making games.
Well, the one game I'm planning at the moment which may take years until it sees any development is pretty much what I see as a replacement as Fallout.
Hell, I've even emailed Chris Avellone about how to get into the industry (guy came back with some pretty good tips which has led me to enter the New Vegas Modding scene)
But yeah, I hate to sound like a bitch, but I'm kinda taking ideas off you guys (such as what you like and dislike about any Fallout game).

So, I guess I'm trying to give you guys some hope.
Hopefully it happens.

Go for it, we will be rotting for you. It doesn't matter if it is a first person/third person or an isometric as long as it resembles Fallout 1/2 or NV, I will gladly support it. There are plenty of threads to draw inspiration from, heck there is one where you can see how people imagine perfect Fallout game.

A general things that I think you should remember about would be:

-Lore Consistency, basically don't do anything Bethesda does.
-Choice and Consequence, like in NV or 1 or 2. Allow the player to lose. There is nothing worse than beating the game on the first try, without any obstacles or deaths.
-Part of the fun is actually "dying and repeat", now hear me out about this one. The way I used to play constantly NV was that I could never die, otherwise I would quit and start a new run. Then I realized I am taking this challenge way too seriously and that I have forgotten about the most crucial thing about games.
-GAMES ARE MEANT TO BE FUN. They don't have to be realistic, but they should be consistent. Sure, creating a run later on can be fun, but the basic idea is that base game has to be fun. Fallout NV was very good on this one. It allows the player to do whatever they want and however they want, depending on their skillset.
-Another point is "effort = progress". In Fallout 1, you didn't get power armour until very late into the game and in NV in order to have access to the most basic power armour, you had to do some dangerous quests for Brotherhood and it payed off in the end. Make the player earn all the good stuff on their own, part of the fun is becoming stronger and better, while retaning strengths and weakness of the character.
-Don't make the main character OP, unless you have to do a lot of stuff in a certain order and you can't make a mistake. So there is a possibility of becoming 10 across all SPECIAL, but it requires a lot of work and careful planning.
-The world doesn't revolve around the main character and it never should, unless they do some crazy stuff, like the courier.

Etc, there are many other things you can do and I wish you luck on that project of yours.

What a name Bethesda.. (for me it's ''Wandering Wh*res'' Lol)

P.S. Looks like CK/GECK will not be released this month/anytime soon...
Some modders are beta testing it at the moment, I have a friend who already made a mod using GECK but apparently he can't discuss anything about it, probably because Bethesda requires secrecy until it is out or something?

Hell Obsidian will never do another Fallout game..... so go and play other game like Pillars or Divinity.
Bethesda would be stupid NOT to have Obsidian make another game. New Vegas was well received and made a lot of money and publishers always want to capitalize on recent successes such as Fallout 4 by putting out another product soon after.

Fallout 4 was a huge sales success. Fallout is now a billion dollar franchise - it's mainstream. People who don't like Fallout are into fallout now. A spin-off is simply a good business idea given the history of success with New Vegas and how big the franchise is now.

I'm going to enjoy Fallout 4 for what it brings to the table, dislike it for what it has taken away, and look forward to future content and spin-offs.

Bethesda would be stupid NOT to have Obsidian make another game. New Vegas was well received and made a lot of money and publishers always want to capitalize on recent successes such as Fallout 4 by putting out another product soon after.
FNV made them money, but it also made their version of Fallout look even worse when Obsidian with less time and on their own engine made the greatest modern fallout and even arguably the best Fallout ever. Another Obsidian Fallout will do nothing for BGS' reputation and they surely don't need the money when their mindless fans are actually saying they will pay double for Fallout horse armor.

we will be rotting for you
Heheh That's what Fallout 4 is currently doing.

Sorry I just had to do that
I highly doubt they would, they don't want to get one upped again so I think that idea might be out of the question. Besides if I were in their shoes I certainly wouldn't want to work under the overlords Bethesda.

Businesses are in the business of making money.

If Obsidian makes a better Fallout again then it simply makes more money and brings more attention to the franchise - it has no bearing on who owns Fallout as a franchise. People can think what they want. It would be both petty and stupid and bad business to decide not to have another Obsidian Fallout game for fear of being "one-upped" again. That really should have no bearing on licensing them to make another Fallout game that will do nothing but bring more attention to their franchise and even gain some favor among the people that aren't happy with Fallout 4.

Given the success of New Vegas in bringing attention to Fallout, making Bethesda money, and getting Bethesda some positive attention from people who didn't like their version of Fallout, I see ZERO reason not to do it again.

When it comes down to it Bethesda allowed Obsidian and Black Isle people to make a Fallout game. New Vegas would not exist without them, and I'm hoping given its success, they will work with Obsidian to make another one.

Sigh. Now I'm thinking about how great the New Vegas characters were compared to Fallout 4. It's too bad Fallout doesn't have the fanatical modders of Elder Scrolls, otherwise we might even have New Vegas updated to the Fallout 4 level of gunplay and graphics similar to the SkyWind/Skyblivion projects. That would be truly amazing.

Last edited:
It's not just that though, Bethesda obviously want to change their business plan and, act like your usual triple A publisher. Fallout 4 is the closest thing to CoD they've ever made, next TES will be further streamlined and, then come the yearly releases; they can't allow Obsidian to threaten the integrity of their business plan by pumping out games that don't conform to their "easy to consume" standard. (Unfounded speculation)

It's not just that though, Bethesda obviously want to change their business plan and, act like your usual triple A publisher. Fallout 4 is the closest thing to CoD they've ever made, next TES will be further streamlined and, then come the yearly releases; they can't allow Obsidian to threaten the integrity of their business plan by pumping out games that don't conform to their "easy to consume" standard. (Unfounded speculation)
Fallout is a billion dollar franchise now. Historically, that means they go the way of Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, EA, etc.

However, the optimist sees this as an opportunity to branch out - lots of spin-offs licensed to people. Another New Vegas. More variety. Even a top-down isometric Fallout RPG.

So I'm trying to plug my ears, say "LALALALA I CAN"T HEAR YOU" and hope for the best in all this - that we'll see a Fallout Role Play Game someday.

At this point, I'm just hoping for Mutants Rising and, Van Buren to finish. Maybe I'll make a couple of modules for J.E Sawyer's Fallout P&P, but that's all I hope for from the Fallout franchise from this point on.

I'm hoping that from the precedent set by Fallout Shelter, in which a Fallout spinoff game can be made that isn't another Elder Scrolls clone in gameplay, Obsidian can be allowed to make a Fallout game like the originals or Wasteland 2.

I don't think Fallout Shelter establishes a good precedent, rather I believe it's a sign that Fallout's going to be exploited for cash more with each progressive sequel, beating a dead horse for money.
:falloutonline:

Better off hoping for a spiritual successor than staying behind waiting for an old corpse to reanimate. I wouldn't want Obsidian to do another Fallout anyways, due to that shitty Gamebyro engine I had a hard enough time trying to enjoy New Vegas with the framerate fluctuating constantly on a high-end rig so it made my experience less than desirable.

Back