Fallout 76 announced!

If you prioritised it, you could totally have a game set 20 years after the bombs that featured all these desperate bands and what not and really go into their mindsets and how each of them survived in their own way. There wouldn't have to be any "factions" exactly, but there could be some ideas and themes to explore. But the priority of this game is rather focused on gameplay; specifically the settlement building aspect of Fallout 4. Plus, the fact that its multiplayer in nature means there really can't be anything like player choice or anything you might find in a proper RPG experience.

If what are the rumors are saying are true than I don't have much hope for it. However, the branch of Bethesda that's developing it is different to the normal current Bethesda as it's based in Austin. The new Fallout will also be their first game and their take on the series in general. So maybe it will have some redeeming value even if it is a rust clone? A 70's themed Fallout would still be interesting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bethesda_Game_Studios_Austin

Edit: It's a free to play studio

I'm exited to learn more about this game. If the rumors are true and it has multiplayer I'm not actually against that. I've been wanting coop in Fallout since the beginning. I think Fallout co op could work well in isometric style or 3D FPS. I just hope that they don't sacrifice story for the sake of multiplayer but as these things tend to go, that'll probably be what happens. You can make a good story in a co op RPG format. I hate to use this game as an example because the game is kind of considered a failure (and for good reason) but SWTOR kind of succeeded at this, though it had some really serious problems as an MMO. The original Neverwinter Nights is probably a better example to use but that game also had a lackluster story in it compared to Baldur's Gate 2 and KOTOR. Are there any other examples of co op RPGs with great stories that anyone can think of?

If the rumors of co-op are there, I may be interested, just to see if they pull it off if nothing else.

If it goes full MMO I'm out.

I have no idea why but for some reason in all of the talks about this game no one has pointed out that they are all using pip-boy 2000's instead of the 3000 which we've seen in all of the Fallout games developed by Bethesda and Obsidian.

I have no idea why but for some reason in all of the talks about this game no one has pointed out that they are all using pip-boy 2000's instead of the 3000 which we've seen in all of the Fallout games developed by Bethesda and Obsidian.
I've seen it mentioned but thought it was obvious.

I've seen it pointed out a bunch of times.
Don't really care all that much.
It's not supposed to be wrist mounted but whatever, they want a cookie for getting the pipboy right? 10 years too late for that Bethesda.

[edit]

Are we getting a new Fallout 76 subforum by the way?

I've seen it pointed out a bunch of times.
Don't really care all that much.
It's not supposed to be wrist mounted but whatever, they want a cookie for getting the pipboy right? 10 years too late for that Bethesda.

[edit]

Are we getting a new Fallout 76 subforum by the way?
Dunno, if it's basically just an elaborate Fallout 4 mod there's not much of a point to it... We'll decide after the E3 show.

It's missing a few buttons though.
pip_boy_2000_v_2_by_equilerex.jpg
Screenshot_2.png

Well the pip-boy 2000 actually was wrist mounted it just didn't look that way. This is what is says in the guide for the original fallout

The RobCo PIPBoy 2000 (hereafter called the PIPBoy), is a handy device that you wear on your wrist

I'm fine if Fallout 76 is multiplayer, but it would have to be optional, and you don't need to be in co-op to beat the game

I'm fine if Fallout 76 is multiplayer, but it would have to be optional, and you don't need to be in co-op to beat the game
I agree with this 100%. Offline story with optional multiplayer would be fantastic.

My only worry is Bethesda having some monthly subscription for online.

If it is an online shooter as rumored, this may explain Bethesda's emphasis on Rage 2.

Perhaps they'll be aping Rage 2's potential gameplay and mechanics for Fallout 76.

Yeah, like Horse Armor tier DLC or paid mods. Bethesda learned their lessons from those fiascos and never did that kind of shit again.
Not helped that they seem to get away with that shit frequently. People seem to ignore or forget Bethesda's shit after enough time has passed, though the ESO monthly subscription one was one that did get remedied probably by Zenimax Online.

Back