Preston Garvey, arguable the most annoying Fallout character ever, spawns dozens of related memes

Let's not pretend like being tedious and annoying was an intentional design decision.

Yes, I played the game... that's how I know Preston is an annoying ass rancher. The first time I played I said, "Yes" and became Minute-Man-Married to the cunt for the whole playthrough. That's how most people figured it out. No backsies. He's also required to unlock settlements if you want to use them.
yea, we could discuss whether tediousness was intentional or not. whatever is true, its still working well in that aspect. also, if you say yes to first stalker you came across, dont be suprised by sudden buttsechs

Last time I checked a General does not go around doing field work, a general orders his/her troops to do the field work.

It is hard to believe the Minuteman survived that long without the player since as soon as they meet the player has to save their asses, gets promoted to General and from then on has to do everything...

Generals command, take care of strategy, logistics and troops, etc, they do not go around rescuing hostages and killing raiders by themselves or with just another soldier.

The Minuteman should have just made the Lone Survivor their sheriff or something, not a General.

Last time I checked a General does not go around doing field work, a general orders his/her troops to do the field work.

It is hard to believe the Minuteman survived that long without the player since as soon as they meet the player has to save their asses, gets promoted to General and from then on has to do everything...

Generals command, take care of strategy, logistics and troops, etc, they do not go around rescuing hostages and killing raiders by themselves or with just another soldier.

The Minuteman should have just made the Lone Survivor their sheriff or something, not a General.

My favourite thing about the minute men is summoning them with a flare gun since I'm pretty sure they're level capped at like 4 or something and their armor never upgrades. The only assistance they provide is the lulz when I watch them get torn apart by dogs.

Ha ha ha ha ha choose yes, no, or maybe? You seem to forget that those choices amount to:
- No = but yes
- Yes
- Maybe/Neutral = yes
- SARCASTIC = yes

I didn't know there was choice in the game, were we playing the same game? All answers usually mean yes to avoid breaking Bethesda's railroaded narrative in Fallout 4.

Ha ha ha ha ha choose yes, no, or maybe? You seem to forget that those choices amount to:
- No = but yes
- Yes
- Maybe/Neutral = yes
- SARCASTIC = yes

I didn't know there was choice in the game, were we playing the same game? All answers usually mean yes to avoid breaking Bethesda's railroaded narrative in Fallout 4.

That implies there's actually a coherent enough narrative to break. :P

The Mass Effect dialogue wheel had more choice and consequence than the entirety of Fallout 4.

well, you can actually tell him to fuck off. right in the beggining when he asks you to be general. you can say no or maybe, and both will leave minutemen quest closed. you guys even played the game? from all things i saw on this site, seems like you are full of hate towards anything from bethesda.
The quests in the entire game are all so bad that I want to tell everyone "No," but that would leave all quests closed, now wouldn't it?

People here seemed to enjoy the Silver Shroud quest, but I found even that to be stupid.

The quests in the entire game are all so bad that I want to tell everyone "No," but that would leave all quests closed, now wouldn't it?

People here seemed to enjoy the Silver Shroud quest, but I found even that to be stupid.

People enjoyed the Silver Shroud quest for having the only different format in dialogue in the entire game, and for making it clear they aren't being one-hundred percent serious with the game. It's a parody that's unique to the rest of the game.

Everything in Fallout 4 is dumb and ridiculous enough to be considered a parody. But the difference is this quest makes it clear they aren't going through with complete seriousness, while the Cabot House for example leaves it vague to whether its supposed to be taken seriously or not.

Here's the thing. As a parody of games, Fallout 4 works fantastically. Its quests makes fun of everything - the Chinese submarine guy makes fun of the latent anti-foreign "Americanism" in Call of Duty styled FPS games, the Silver Shroud mocks the superhero genre, etcetera. Anything not in the main quest is taking pot shots at something in modern culture. The excessive placement of cats in Fallout 4 proves that cultural relevance is the game's aim. That's not to speak of the gameplay, which is a hybrid of all modern games that are making the most sales. If it was intentionally designed to rip-off as many games as possible, well-done to Bethesda, because it complements the plot just perfectly.

All in all, it's all in context of what Bethesda tried to make. If they were aiming to make a serious RPG, they failed in such ways I didn't think was logically possible. But if they were legitimately aiming to make fun of modern gaming and popular culture? They did it. Perfectly.

Stupid I can forgive, but I found the majority of quests to be worse than stupid, and that's wasted potential of a good idea.

- No = but yes
- Yes
- Maybe/Neutral = yes
- SARCASTIC = yes

really? i postproned quite alot of quests, and evaded minutemen quests completely in my first playthru. maybe you just want to brag about bad game?

well, there were examples in real life when someone with rank general fought in the field. you are basically given faction with one member. well, i dont know how you, but if i wanted to build up faction like that, you probably have to do lotta dirty work, aint that true? anyway, late game stages are badly designed, as where your faction has hundred of members and you are still not able to order them around too much.

People enjoyed the Silver Shroud quest for having the only different format in dialogue in the entire game, and for making it clear they aren't being one-hundred percent serious with the game. It's a parody that's unique to the rest of the game.

Everything in Fallout 4 is dumb and ridiculous enough to be considered a parody. But the difference is this quest makes it clear they aren't going through with complete seriousness, while the Cabot House for example leaves it vague to whether its supposed to be taken seriously or not.

Here's the thing. As a parody of games, Fallout 4 works fantastically. Its quests makes fun of everything - the Chinese submarine guy makes fun of the latent anti-foreign "Americanism" in Call of Duty styled FPS games, the Silver Shroud mocks the superhero genre, etcetera. Anything not in the main quest is taking pot shots at something in modern culture. The excessive placement of cats in Fallout 4 proves that cultural relevance is the game's aim. That's not to speak of the gameplay, which is a hybrid of all modern games that are making the most sales. If it was intentionally designed to rip-off as many games as possible, well-done to Bethesda, because it complements the plot just perfectly.

All in all, it's all in context of what Bethesda tried to make. If they were aiming to make a serious RPG, they failed in such ways I didn't think was logically possible. But if they were legitimately aiming to make fun of modern gaming and popular culture? They did it. Perfectly.
soo, you played the game? finished it? played all the quests? discovered all the stuff? seems like you just enjoy bitching about the game, because statement "everything is dumb and ridiculous" is ironicaly dumb and ridiculous.

Most gamers spend their time on the Internet. The Internet loves cats. Fallout 4 puts cats into the game because there are cats on the Internet.

This is not a difficult concept.
so whats with dogs then? or are cats not allowed to live in fallout? i can imagine them surviving nuclear apocalypse, at they live near Chernobyl in great numbers.

Whoa, pal. You're directing your opinions at the wrong person. I'm the one who likes Fallout 4 a lot more than pretty much everyone here. You would have better luck pulling that with anyone else here. According to Steam, I've put more than a hundred hours into that game (it's mostly the loading times though. Goddamn, those are long).

soo, you played the game? finished it? played all the quests? discovered all the stuff? seems like you just enjoy bitching about the game, because statement "everything is dumb and ridiculous" is ironicaly dumb and ridiculous.

It's like what Saints Row The Third was to the Saints Row series, if that helps you understand. It stops taking itself seriously completely, and loses the tone of all the older games in the series. It's not a particular bad thing in general, it's just not a direction that the Fallout series should take.

so whats with dogs then? or are cats not allowed to live in fallout? i can imagine them surviving nuclear apocalypse, at they live near Chernobyl in great numbers.

Well, they're put in such strange locations and in such large numbers that it's kind of clear that they're doing it to reference the popularity of them on the Internet. I like cats, it's just an observation I noticed.

we can
Stupid I can forgive, but I found the majority of quests to be worse than stupid, and that's wasted potential of a good idea.
agree on that. many quest are not original and could be executed way better. stupid limitation of 4 answers.

Whoa, pal. You're directing your opinions at the wrong person. I'm the one who likes Fallout 4 a lot more than pretty much everyone here. You would have better luck pulling that with anyone else here. According to Steam, I've put more than a hundred hours into that game (it's mostly the loading times though. Goddamn, those are long).

It's like what Saints Row The Third was to the Saints Row series, if that helps you understand. It stops taking itself seriously completely, and loses the tone of all the older games in the series. It's not a particular bad thing in general, it's just not a direction that the Fallout series should take.

Well, they're put in such strange locations and in such large numbers that it's kind of clear that they're doing it to reference the popularity of them on the Internet. I like cats, it's just an observation I noticed.
actually only one place was direct reference to internet cats. place with ghouls and cat pictures. also, i played for 400 hours. and really discovered 100% of the game. took my time. didnt like many things. but outright calling game stupid for them? ridiculous.

actually only one place was direct reference to internet cats. place with ghouls and cat pictures. also, i played for 400 hours. and really discovered 100% of the game. took my time. didnt like many things. but outright calling game stupid for them? ridiculous.

The tone's stupid - not the game. It's a blubbery mess of trying to be a serious, philosophy-provoking war story of multiple factions with their own agendas (it fails this too), but outside of the main quest everything's basically Saints Row: 50's Mad Max Edition. That's fine and fun if done right, but it doesn't feel like Fallout. It's not the kind of humour I would usually find in a Fallout game.

Gameplay's fine. It's not great, but it's fine. The tone is a mess.

The tone's stupid - not the game. It's a blubbery mess of trying to be a serious, philosophy-provoking war story of multiple factions with their own agendas (it fails this too), but outside of the main quest everything's basically Saints Row: 50's Mad Max Edition. That's fine and fun if done right, but it doesn't feel like Fallout. It's not the kind of humour I would usually find in a Fallout game.

Gameplay's fine. It's not great, but it's fine. The tone is a mess.
yea, we can agree upon that. could be executed way better. still, we have what we have. its way better than f3, bug wise and story wise. after 5 years, people, even like you, will look back and judge f4 way better than today.

Coming in here with a brand new account, double posting, and using the exact same shtick that every other troll uses when attempting to troll here isn't going to convince anyone.

You're not trying hard enough.

Except Saint's Row III was a good game with good voice acting and not an offline-MMO with half-assed everything.

Back