The NMA Podcast General Thread

Bad news. My shifts for next week include Saturday, even though I requested it off a while ago.

One of my colleagues is willing to trade shifts, the best I can do with two jobs to cover over eight hours, so I can stay on the cast until 3:30 p.m. CST, anywhere from 3-1/2 to 1-1/2 hours depending on when we start. (Between noon and 2:00 p.m. CST.)

In the meantime, I'll need to set up a way to record off Teamspeak, or whatever we choose to use. Connection testing is also something we should do before Saturday rolls around.

We could always move the date to a week later, if necessary.

The week after (25th of June) doesn't work for me, though.
So what's the consensus now? A short one on the 18th with the next one (maybe involving Chris Avellone) being a bit longer then?

The week after (25th of June) doesn't work for me, though.
So what's the consensus now? A short one on the 18th with the next one (maybe involving Chris Avellone) being a bit longer then?

I'd say so. Speaking of, should we start this coming one around 1:00 p.m. CST? If that starting time is fine, that'll allow us to get a two hour session.

I'm looking at how to get a TS server ready for us as well. That needs some recording testing so I can gauge how to work with it before Saturday.

I got a response from Chris Avellone, and this is it

Jamie, hello - so while I usually prefer email questions (I'm hard of hearing), I understand you're doing a podcast, so we can figure this out.

I don't really have any taboo questions (although to head it off at the pass, I haven't played much Fallout 4 and if there's a certain subject I can't talk about, I'll just let you know - usually it's anything regarding Obsidian's internal workings b/c it's covered under NDA and also South Park for the same reason: NDA).

The 18th is actually fine with me as long as it takes place in the afternoon, Pacific Standard Time?

Not sure what time zone you're in, but let me know!

Chris

Holy fucking shit. I guess we'll have to scramble now to get this done properly, and check if the timezones work out.

PST is two hours before me, so adjust for that and the earliest he could join us is 2:00 CST.

Still, very happy to hear it. Now if only I could find a way to shave one hour off my traded shift.

Hey, everyone. Sorry I sorta dropped off the face of the earth. I've been moving into a new house and my internet is terrible (fuck HughesNet.)

How did the interview with CA go? Any news on the next podcast?

Hey, everyone. Sorry I sorta dropped off the face of the earth. I've been moving into a new house and my internet is terrible (fuck HughesNet.)

How did the interview with CA go? Any news on the next podcast?

We had to postpone it. (My fault there, though I have set up Saturday as one of my guaranteed off days so this shouldn't happen again.)

Chris is likely finishing up work on the System Shock Kickstarter project, so Millim may hear from him around the end of the month. He'll be on Podcast #5.

So when is the next podcast, I was really looking forward to the next one.

It'll likely be the one where we interview Chris, and on that, he told us July is going to be a busy month for him, likely because of the Kickstarter and his new job with NightDive Studios, so probably late July/early August.

(The Vault Tec DLC is six days off so we'll have plenty of time to see what kind of idea theft Bethesda will grace us with this time.)

We had to postpone it. (My fault there, though I have set up Saturday as one of my guaranteed off days so this shouldn't happen again.)

Chris is likely finishing up work on the System Shock Kickstarter project, so Millim may hear from him around the end of the month. He'll be on Podcast #5.
Did somebody say "System Shock Kickstarter?"

(cue despair and agony over being a 15-year-old without any money because he's unable to get a job (because state laws) or even travel to work (because no car) and who lives in a place where it's impossible to get oddjobs. Oh, woe is me.)

Did somebody say "System Shock Kickstarter?"

(cue despair and agony over being a 15-year-old without any money because he's unable to get a job (because state laws) or even travel to work (because no car) and who lives in a place where it's impossible to get oddjobs. Oh, woe is me.)
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1598858095/system-shock

Demo runs alright even though it runs a little worse since the update for it for some reason. Of course it does run on Unity so that's probably why. I'm extremely skeptical about it though.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1598858095/system-shock

Demo runs alright even though it runs a little worse since the update for it for some reason. Of course it does run on Unity so that's probably why. I'm extremely skeptical about it though.

I despise Unity, frankly. It eats up an amount of resources that exceed what should be necessary in many cases, and even then it runs slow.

On one hand, this reboot seems to have some pretty big names behind it. On the other hand, so did Mighty No.9.

True, but I doubt Chris and the others will have to deal with anyone like Dina, or the creation process of a new idea that's actually heavily based on a popular, existing one.

On one hand, this reboot seems to have some pretty big names behind it. On the other hand, so did Mighty No.9.
I know Avellone is going to do good on his part but with all the changes their doing and the silly backer audio logs I like some others on the Codex are either going to avoid it or buy it on a sale around few years down the road. I'm not a graphics whore but I was expecting better graphics with some polish not this shit.

I know Avellone is going to do good on his part but with all the changes their doing and the silly backer audio logs I like some others on the Codex are either going to avoid it or buy it on a sale around few years down the road. I'm not a graphics whore but I was expecting better graphics with some polish not this shit.
I could care less about graphics. I was raised on Half-Life and revere New Vegas, and those games look like ass. Not saying I don't like good graphics, but it's ultimately the gameplay and story that define a game, not graphics quality.

I could care less about graphics. I was raised on Half-Life and revere New Vegas, and those games look like ass. Not saying I don't like good graphics, but it's ultimately the gameplay and story that define a game, not graphics quality.
Obviously, considering this year I've been playing games like Deus Ex 1, System Shock 2, and some other oldies the graphics bother me not. Even though older 3D graphics tend to strain my eyes.

Obviously, considering this year I've been playing games like Deus Ex 1, System Shock 2, and some other oldies the graphics bother me not. Even though older 3D graphics tend to strain my eyes.
Most old 3D doesn't bother me (except for some notable, early examples like the original Alone in the Dark and the original Star Fox, or for a later example, Bubsy 3D.)

Now, old 2D, on the other hand, can age very poorly. I have a hard time playing many NES titles, and anything with less graphical fidelity than that is usually a no-go for me.

Back