The NMA Podcast General Thread

I need a new mic. These podcasts sound like so much fun.

On the topic of Fallout 4 modding, has anyone found any more good quest mods?

Tales of the Commonwealth was a good hour or two, maybe more because I haven't checked for updates. Fusion City looks intriguing, but I don't have the motivation to click that fucking Vault Boy icon, let alone play the game again.

Yeah, I am hoping we can talk a little about Skyrim's ups and downs if we are going to talk about its Remaster and as well as the mass mod theft that we know is going to happen.
Might be good to note too that the massive mod theft that will ensue will be on top of the massive mod theft that already exists.
https://www.reddit.com/r/modpiracy/
http://forskyrim.com/
https://www.darkcreations.org/forums/topic/10875-why-dark-creations-hosting-stolen-mods/
Just a few of the easy ones to find. The coming mod theft will kill off a good portion of very talented mod authors that make quality content, unless money is involved of course.

On the topic of Fallout 4 modding, has anyone found any more good quest mods?
I tried to get some idea juice flowing before on building a list of mods that would make Fallout 4 fun.
http://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/fallout-4-problems-and-possible-solutions.205723/
The thread is dead, like Fallout 4. And I am not willing to go back to see. I have un-bookmarked everything Fallout 4 related to mods as well. If you find something though, feel free to post in that thread and I'll update the list.

Last edited:
I have a decent mic and headset, but the PC is noisy and my spoken english is not great, I'll just dwell in the chat

After NMA review another one should be fine enough to close F4 theme once and for all.

BTW, how do you mind do a Fallout RP (D20 based or not) through teamspeak?

Last edited:
Modding is also an interesting topc for Fallout 4, I think. Apparently Bethesda changed their animation format so you can only create animations using expensive proprietary software, so modding in new animations and weapons is quite an issue for many.

They're using the same Havok animation format as Skyrim, just newer, but when Microsoft bought Havok they took the free editor tool down. Now the only way to create new animations is to own a copy of Havok Animation Studio (if you have to ask, etc.) fiddle with xml decompilers until something sticks, or wait for someone to write a compiler for 3ds or similar.

Bethesda could also add FBX support to the engine, like every other engine, but BGS is a "bare minimum required to sell the most copies" kind of studio.

What do you guys use to host the podcast?

Teamspeak, because it records everything I need without having to set up other software to achieve the same. Speaking of which, I wonder if making the application a higher priority one would change anything with the software.

Teamspeak, because it records everything I need without having to set up other software to achieve the same. Speaking of which, I wonder if making the application a higher priority one would change anything with the software.
Do you do all of the editing yourself? If so, would it be possible to show the Teamspeak window in the podcast video so that viewers can see who is talking?

Do you do all of the editing yourself? If so, would it be possible to show the Teamspeak window in the podcast video so that viewers can see who is talking?
Well, if it's on TS3 the speakers are highlighted when talking. But it's a bit lame, it's a small display.

Well, if it's on TS3 the speakers are highlighted when talking. But it's a bit lame, it's a small display.
Better than nothing, though. :shrug:

Also, I'd be down for some Fallout PnP over TS if you'd have me. I have a very flexible schedule(no life).

I do, but I don't think my SSD could handle two recordings at once. The only reason Hangouts did was it did both by default.

Nah, then don't bother. But you should present yourselves at the beginning now
I can recognize you, but for new people it can be a bit confusing.

I think everyone should present themselves as eachother to really get the confusion going.
Hey, as long as they present their presence it's allright. I won't buy RangerBoo passing as CT Phipps or AgentBJ09 as 0wing though

Well I ended up figuring out the problem with my sound card, well it was teamspeak's automatic voice control gain nonsense and under the sound menu from the control panel I had the "allow application to take exclusive control of this device" and "give exclusive mode applications priority" options enabled for the mic and now it sounds like it has been fixed when testing it but it doesn't hurt to have someone to give me a second opinion on it when they get the time. I can now properly hear my keyswitches when I type and such without having that auto voice option ticked which made loud noises after a certain time every now and again. :D

Back